Got my new Skulls

bart1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Haptronic, just a couple more questions.

I'm seriously considering getting the skulls instead of the Imperials now. (This might sound like a stupid question), but do you find the but on the skulls to be baggier than on the dukes? I have a problem finding jeans which fit my but right. My mate brought me back some APCs from Japan (a little too big) and the but just looked ridiculous, real saggy and sticking out to make my but look huge... so since I can't try these skulls on I just really wanna avoid that.

And this is probably another stupid questions 'cause it's real subjective, which jean do you prefer? Just ur personal view ;)

EDIT:

Oh, and one more thing ;) How much have they stretched for you? I'm trying to decide whether a 28 or 29 would be best? I'm thinking I'd probably be about a 29 in Imperial, but since I've only tried on a 30 I can't say for sure.

Thanks heaps for all the help!!!

What's up with this?

skulls01ie0.jpg

The fit looks great! But why is the but sticking out? Is it just because they're so stiff since you just washed them? Too much fabric in the but area? Too loose in the waist?

I'm really digging the jeans, but this is just the problem I wanted to avoid :( Same thing (but probably worse) happened with my APCs, and to a lesser extent with my Nudies (it went away after a month or two). But I've found some raw jeans don't have this problem at all, such as my Hem & Haws, and when I tried on some Diors.

Can anyone set the record straight? How about other Skull owners, do yours look the same?

Otherwise, Bart, the skulls are looking killer!!! ;)

They are still real stiff. I didn't wash them, only a soak. They are loosening up a little after the shrink and I think I might need to soak them again. As pointed out, right now they aren't tight on the waist and I have a little butt-bunching going on. Those were just some quick pics though. I'll post more later.

They are still real stiff. I didn't wash them, only a soak. They are loosening up a little after the shrink and I think I might need to soak them again. As pointed out, right now they aren't tight on the waist and I have a little butt-bunching going on. Those were just some quick pics though. I'll post more later.

If they run a little bit big put them in machine and wash in 60C with no detergents.

I'm a lazy bastard so for me a 'warm soak' is 40C wash in washing machine without detergents. 'Hot soak' is 60C... I could imagine soaking my jeans in tub if I needed to preserve the creases but never had such a situation.

konbanwa!

hi

Bart1 san!

I'm here!!!:D

yoroshiku onegaisimasu!

thank you!!!

nice to have you here! Skull Jeans are very nice :)

btw, can you tell us a little about the difference between the 6x6 denim and your normal XX denim? I know that the 6x6 is sanforized, but other than that? How does the 6x6 weave affect the look or feel of the denim?

hi minya,

don't sweat it.

Please E-mail us again at your convenience.

oh, It's like you said.....

hi! Mr. denim freaks horriblyjollyjinx, :)

I answered a just similar question on our site now.

I post the copy of the content next.

About measurement of 5010XX and 5010XX 6x6!

Although they are same pattern, they are different measurements.

Because 5010XX 6x6 use heavier denim than 5010xx.

Why they are different?

These answers are the histories of production.

Firstly,

"5010XX" was made by the zipper fly specification before.

The cloth is using light ounce(14oz) of 7x6 for yarn.

The most shops had only ONE WASH except in the direct-management shop.

Secondly,

We made "5010XX 6x6" on the tenth anniversary of FABFOUR.

This is button fly.

Black leather Patch.

The cloth is using heavy denim(14.5oz) of 6x6 for yarn.

The touch of fabric is harsh and crisp.

The color will change differently compare to the regular 5010XX.

I would express it "deep color"

This have NON WASH(RAW) and ONE WASH.

and it is the FABFOUR direct-management shop limitation sales.

Thirdly,

"5010XX" has been switched to the button fly now.

Because the number of users who demand the button fly thanks to 5010XX6x6 has increased.

The cloth was not changed, as before it is light ounce(14oz) of 7x6 for yarn.

and there are ONE WASH only(except in special circumstances).

About 5010XX, we have only button fly except black color of smaller size now.

and both 5010XX and 5010XX 6x6 are sanforized.

Ohaio gazaimus, Shinichi-san! Glad you were able to register. I have been wearing the Skulls and enjoying them. Today, I have left them in another hot soak in the bathtub. I will naturally dry them again and maybe the waist will shrink down just a little more.

Any of you that want to try Skulls will be impressed, I think. The jeans and the service I recieved were second to none.

-Bart

• 8 months later...

Well, here is an eight month update, I guess. Don't get to wear jeans to work, but wear them a lot on weekends and evenings. Usually pretty lazy with them on. Don't do my workouts or runs in them, so mostly walking or sitting on the couch. Anyway, pretty nice wear, I guess. My wallet is actually only a very thing card case, so the defined wallet fade is pretty good. Hope you enjoy. These are my fave jeans by far and pretty much the only ones I wear. When they get too worn to dress up, there will be another pair of Skulls on deck. Love the jeans and Shinichi-san is the best.

My camera is a few years old and I didn't spend a lot of time on the pics, but maybe you get the idea.

DSC01346.jpg

DSC01349.jpg

DSC01347.jpg

DSC01348.jpg

DSC01350.jpg

DSC01351.jpg

DSC01352.jpg

• 4 months later...