Bags: Saddleback messenger & RM Williams duffle bags

-J-

Up to offer are my two excellent condition leather bags that I have limited use due to the excessive use of private vehicle in the daily life which has forced me to retire these bags; and using a thin leather briefcase/portfolio to carry 13†MacBook Air and few papers.

I bought these bags when I was working and commuting in the city thus they were very handy for my daily life on public transport, for short business trip or weekend getaway.

Please be mindful that I won't entertain any low balling offers nevertheless haggling is a common practice since the dawn of civilisation hence reasonable and sensible offer is welcome.

01. Saddleback Leather Briefcase/Messenger Bag  - AUD 275 + postage

Saddlebackmessengerchestnut01_zps2dc73e2

Dimensions (approximate size):

Exterior: 12 ¾†W x 14 ½†H x 4 ¼†D or 32.4 cm W x 36.9 cm H x 11.4 cm D

Interior: 12 ½†W x 14†H x 4†D or 31.75 cm W x 35.6 cm x 10.2 cm D

5.5 lbs or 2.5 kg

This bag is my favorite bag, tough as nail and the leather is substantial.  Saddleback Leather bags are famous to last for a lifetime and their ninety nine (99) year warranty is not a mere marketing ploy or gymmick, not to mention the classic style of this bag.  The brown envelope inside the bag is my MacBook Air 13" sleeve to give some perspective.

As for the leather itself will develop a nice patina over time.  I have a rare opportunity in my previous life owning a vintage leather jacket from the wartime era (2nd World War) made of horsehide and the jacket has already developed the patina all over that can only be achieved through constant wearing over time.  This bag is the same, it will develop characters and patina over time through constant wearing (hence the ninety nine year warranty).

This bag is super high quality and I can guarantee you will be hard pressed to find anything like this (especially on the hardware rivets and rings quality).  The bag has already been conditioned last year.

Looking for AUD 275 only plus actual postage price.  Saddleback Leather only deliver their goods via UPS therefore if you buy the bag online you will incur at least US$100-130 postage outside USA, not to mention the customs.

IMG_4594_zpsacbc61c8.jpg

IMG_4591_zps31f2514d.jpg

IMG_4600_zps858cf5d0.jpg

02. RM Williams Duffle bag (or weekender or overnight bag) - $old

RMWilliamsovernight01_zpsb8d24edd.jpg

Weekender bag is normally used for a weekend getaway (hence the weekender or overnight name) and a classy way for packing and traveling.

This weekender/overnight is a staple model in RM Williams every season though the price has hiked up in the recent years.  My bag is from the previous season with one zipper style.

Leather is much more luxurious material than nylon that people generally use for weekend or travel bag.  Nylon is considerably ligther nevertheless they will look cheap and cannot be compared to leather where it will develop characters and patina over time (I am a quality freak and prefer to have quality over quantity).

Dimensions:

21.26†L x 9.45†W x 10.63†H or 54 cm L x 24 cm W x 27 cm H

RM Williams is a respected leather company from Australia and famous for their boots.  Their leather products are high quality and only their boots and bags are still made in Australia hence the premium quality.  Again, you will be hard pressed to find a quality bag like this that oozes with class and style; and made of premium hardwares and materials.

Generally, quality bag is made of horsehide, cowhide, goathide or calfskin.  This duffle bag is made of premium cowhide and will definitely develop characters and patina over time (horsehide and cowhide are famous for their patina, whilst patina on goathide is a bit more difficult to achieve.

Looking for $old only plus actual postage cost.  This bag will incur around A$60-80 postage internationally from the online store, not to mention the customs fee.

Both bags passed as carry on luggage in most aviation company (depending on the company, generally the limit is ranging from 105 to 115 cm or from 40 to 45 inch).
Edited by -J-