The Stand up comedy thread

Sayword

Guest jmatsu

why did sayword cross the road? because his dick was stuck in the chicken!

why did sohoaddict cross the road? because kfc was out of whitemeat!

• 4 weeks later...

So Yuljo has introduced me to the brilliance that is Patton Oswalt's latest release, Werewolves and Lollipops. I'm trying to remember a comedic performance during which I've laughed this hard, and the only ones coming to mind feature all leather embossed body suits and really good Michael Jackson impressions. Pitchfork reviewed him recently here http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/record_review/44557-werewolves-and-lollipops, and despite being rated at an 8 (I think it deserves higher) gives a fairly even handed and reasonable account of the CD. Yuljo tossed it on megaupload for listening enjoyment, strongly reccomended.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S8C7XPQ1

If anyone has other comedians they find particularly funny and relevent, lets hear it...

Edit: Also check out Louis CK if you haven't already...he's like a funny Dane Cook.

EDIT EDIT: fuck , there's already a thread. shoot me in the face.

• 3 years later...

Comedy that breaks away from mainstream comedy style of an era or as alternative comedy pioneer Patton Oswald puts it, "comedy where the audience has no pre-set expectations about the crowd, and vice versa. In comedy clubs, there tends to be a certain vibe—alternative comedy explores different types of material."

I was Netflixing (cool new word) a few weeks ago and checked out Comedians of Comedy: Live At The Troubadour because I am a huge fan of Brian Posehn and Zack Galifinakis. After popping it in, I could not stop laughing, it was the funniest material I've seen in a long time. I don't really know too many comics but some of the ones that were on that DVD like Eugene Mirman, Doug Benson, and Andy Kindler were so good!

I really hate using the word "alternative" for anything but could anybody recommend any other alternative comics?

• 8 months later...