23 tpun (?)

24 kcobain123

25 meschan

26 @nelsonhoward

27 @slysamonte

28 @rlabrina

29 ranon

30 Unique

Hopefully making some progress on the patch, news on that soon!

Edited by aho

Thanks again guys we have such a solid list of contestants I don't know what to do with myself!

I talked briefly with Inoue-san and in order to make the August 1st start date, he'll need to start construction by mid June. We'll need to order through The Lost Found by then so we're looking at around June 12-15th for final sizing and buy-in. More details as this gets solidified! Let me know if you have any questions!

aho, i think the most burning question for everyone at the moment is with regards to the sizing chart. before any orders come in i think we'll have to most likely have it finalised. most of the concerns are predominantly with the rise (which you have already addressed in your earlier posts) and the waist (which is still somewhat unresolved). barring which, all other factors including pricing/logistics/final dates/prizes etc are of no major concern or can be sorted out at a later stage.

i know it has been mentioned that the size chart on the first page is post-soak, maybe it would be good to have a raw size chart as well since i also understand that they will be offered in a raw version as well? just my $0.02.

Edited by ranonranonarat

Good point my friend, I'll see if Inoue-san can come up with a chart! FWIW, I'm getting the size I normally purchase in 50s cuts (WH, FC, etc), which is to say, true to measured waist size. I measure 33inches where I wear jeans and thats the size I'll purchase. Inoue-san gave me the same advice!

Ask and ye shall receive! Let me know if this doesn't work, couldnt use my flickr account...

gCQQylX.jpg

Waist

Hip

Thigh

Knee

Leg Opening

Front rise

Inoue-san says they'll shrink a bit so the raw measurements are misleading. Best bet is to buy your measured waist size (ie I measure 33inches so I'm buying a 33)!

Edited by aho

Good job Aho! That said I too suggest to go tts or you'll screw it up.

Inoue San is offering all the odd sizes possible too, so there's plenty choices for everyone!

After seeing this thread I'm always thinking to join in, I do love TCB and I'm in a contest with my TCB 60's that I'm satisfied with. I really don't wanna miss this dedicated contest jeans. What should I do?

Can I order a pair for myself? Will it be any disrespect for this contest?

I hardly doubt that Inoue and Ed will be pissed off by you buying another pair of jeans! I understand that some people might think it's against the contest ethos but I personally don't have nothing against it. You could still wear them as a backup pair, and post some occasional updates. Or you might end up liking this pair more than the other!

is it safe to conclude that around 3 inches of shrinkage in the waist is expected??

Man, it looks like you're having a f*****g hard time sizing for these jeans, even if you tried them on in flesh! Out of curiosity, did you try to measure your true waist size with a tailor's tape, rather than measuring other jeans? It might be a good starting point, if you haven't done it yet.

Man, it looks like you're having a f*****g hard time sizing for these jeans, even if you tried them on in flesh! Out of curiosity, did you try to measure your true waist size with a tailor's tape, rather than measuring other jeans? It might be a good starting point, if you haven't done it yet.

thank you for your advice volvo! my true waist size is about 93-94 cm. so i guess 36" will be good for me ~

You and me both Bobbo. All these updates have totally derailed the start to my Monday morning in the office. Whoops...

Great to see those raw measurements and I'm still thinking that a tagged 30 is the way for me. By the way, has it been finalised how long this contest will run for? I like the idea of an 18 month contest to really get the best out of the jeans. Don't recall seeing confirmation though.

Edited by Sugar Mountain