TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

hi all i cant seem to give full advice because i dont know how most of you will pre soak/wash/ hang dry/ dryer the jeans when you get them. so i cant really say. but depends i would get a size 35 cause i wanna size up And im gonna wAsh often so there. im gonna hot soak and hang dry twice.

would you say a standard hot wash hang dry would get the jeans to the tagged size?  

One thing I need to confirm:

The RAW waist measurement between 50's and 60's with the same tag size, are the measurements same of different?

If they are the same measurement, they should be shrunk from the tag size not shrunk to the tag size. Cause I believe TCB jeans is not vanity size. So they will shrunk and stretch back to the tag size.

I think I might do a 34 instead of a 35.  The one wash TCB chart is more in line with the fit I want.  Ed's size chart seems to be the results of a wash and dry, and I never dry in the dryer so...

fuck it, ill stick with the 35. 

Edited by garden gnomes in space

One thing I need to confirm:

The RAW waist measurement between 50's and 60's with the same tag size, are the measurements same of different?

If they are the same measurement, they should be shrunk from the tag size not shrunk to the tag size. Cause I believe TCB jeans is not vanity size. So they will shrunk and stretch back to the tag size.

based on the charts on page 1, they shrink to tagged size.

based on the charts on page 1, they shrink to tagged size.

I don't believe that raw measurement when I first saw it or maybe it's been taken in another way than usual. The waist measurement is way too big.

And the after wash measurement on the official website is reasonable. I'm wearing TCB 60's, they do shrunk from tag size and stretch back to the tag size as most of my jeans always do.

i'm really confused as to which size should i get now

could we get a updated size chart or rather which size chart to look at? it seems there are 3, 2 on the 1st page and 1 posted by aho.

Edited by meschan

its easy look at my measurements in one wash aho posted check your bearest waist or thigh size get that fuckin pair. i suggest dont wait for it to stretch out.

So I measure just under 34 inches where my jeans usually fit. 

Am I crazy to order a 34.8in (88.6cm) Raw? 

edit: I plan on hot soaking/hand washing - no dryer. 

Edited by erk

i'm just thinking that whether hajime can produce one or two pairs from now on for the contestant who confirmed full payment and their size, then sending to them. Let them wash and try on, give other contestant actual experience and confidence to choose their size. Maybe this will clarify everything.

I am willing to help others. ;)

So I measure just under 34 inches where my jeans usually fit. 

Am I crazy to order a 34.8in (88.6cm) Raw? 

edit: I plan on hot soaking/hand washing - no dryer. 

I believe you'll be fine with 34 if you don't plan to machine wash often.

if these 50's are anything like the 60's I have (and I believe so, as the ratio in sizing is the same) they will stretch to waist size after a  week of wear. I am 36 waist and I have a 36w pair. I did hold on washes for three months and at the end those were loose. now I machine wash at 40°C every two weeks and every time they are tight to start with but then adapt nicely to my waist.  that's the best fit for me as I can wear the jeans with or without a belt.

W35 would probably be a good choice for you if you'd like to wash often.

hajime general advice is measure your waist where jeans sit and and size accordingly (eg if your waist measures 36 go with a w36 raw). you could size up 1 if you wish a looser fit and if you plan to wash often.

I have both a tcb 50's jacket and a tcb 60's jeans and both were very faithful to the post soak measurements on tcb website after a week or so of wear. right after soak both were slighty smaller.

I believed twice to hajime's website sizechart and I received two of the best fitting garments I have in my closet, so I'm going to rely on his measurements again on these 50's.

look forward to the contest stepping to the next level, pairs delivered to the contestants and end of this endless sizing jive!