TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

ok the ff :

mr corbus - 34 waist post wash i will send you a size 36 raw. ok?

mr li peng - lacking 3.27 usd

mr ohlson - inseam 33 post soak ill send you a raw pair with An inseam indicated on the measurements i took in japan. pls read a couple of pages back

mr reale - lacks 3.27usd

mr behets - well return 6.10usd to your paypal account in a couple of days you over payed

mr ballati - lacks 3.27 usd and an 81ppst soak inseam is howany inches? pls specify raw inseAm thanks

mr yao zhong zhang - lacks 9.10 usd pls indicate raw inseam measurement thank you and in inches pls

mr koelher -pls indicate raw inseam length in inches thanks

so far 9 has paid thanks all

Hi there ed could we specify all of those things via email to the paypal email? I tried to pm you but message was bounced back.

If the paypal email doesn't work please specify another email! Thks

Edited by volvo240thebest

Can't wait to buy ed! I'll have payment ready tonite. I'll have all the size info when I email you tonite. But do I need to pay for any fees or shipping for the pair the artist gets for designing the patch? Theyre gonna be sent with the pair I'm buying. And it seems like you're encouraging people to size up two. I thought we went tts on the 50s?

On a side note. The artist just finished touching up the patch in Photoshop and I'll be sending it to Inoue after work so he can get started ASAP If anyone is interested I might post some of the pre concept work the artist did before deciding on the final patch

Hi there ed could we specify all of those things via email to the paypal email? I tried to pm you but message was bounced back....

I also had an issue w/ pm so let me know how best to clarify sizing info preferences as I was under the impression we were going tts as well.

hi guys pls email me at

[email protected]

for any clarifications

but pls study your waist and inseam on RAW size first before everything else

Ok here my advice;

edmond

samurai :34

fullcount :33

sugarcane :34

flathead : 36

evisu no1 :36

tcb:36

i dont think so once its out of tcb we cannot help you hem it anymore :(

hi ed i followed the one wash chart posted by aho, since you wanted the raw measurements for inseam, could you tell us how much shrinkage would be expect?

would it be feasible if alteration done after wash?

volvo your info you gave me was good. everuhing ok now except for your 81cm post soak inseam can you give me a raw inseam length?

Hi Ed

Balance payment sent. I will still need to contact you re shipping. I sent an email about shipping to the PayPal email but didn't get any reply so far.

Thks!

i would go wtih a 38 on these if you did 38 on ooe.

but if you can suck it up and wear to stretch them out then 36 would be fine.

Payment sent.

I've gone 36 waist on these, but went 38 with the Ooe contest jeans, hoping 36 was the right decision?

ok sizing i dont know how often you guys will wash or use the machine or dryer. . for me id always want an allowance. for shrinkage. for myself im getting a 36 .

ill contact on that pair for the artist and the details. email me on the pp email tnx

Can't wait to buy ed! I'll have payment ready tonite. I'll have all the size info when I email you tonite. But do I need to pay for any fees or shipping for the pair the artist gets for designing the patch? Theyre gonna be sent with the pair I'm buying. And it seems like you're encouraging people to size up two. I thought we went tts on the 50s?

On a side note. The artist just finished touching up the patch in Photoshop and I'll be sending it to Inoue after work so he can get started ASAP If anyone is interested I might post some of the pre concept work the artist did before deciding on the final patch

ok here goes

people who needs longer inseams and odd sizes will have to wait alittle longer .because pattern grading for the odd pairs and the longer inseam .

ok everyone pls email me RAW inseam length of your choice. expect 2.5 inch shrinkage

guys post soak of small size to 32 /33 is 81.5 cm and 82 cm for33-36 size 38 is around 85cm

Hi Eddie I'll go for the standard length then.

So to sum it up size 36, standard inseam.

So this is really confusing. 

if I want to order a size 33 - how do I specify raw measurement if we don't know the raw measurement? 

can't  I just say "I'd like a size 33. I'd like the inseam to be 36 inches raw." 

cause if we're referring to ed's measurements - don't we go by the waist size notated on the left side of the paper? I don't want to screw this up and get a 33 prewash and have it shrink down to 31 - I'm really looking for it to be round 32 in the waist post wash.

Erk - the raw measurements chart is on the first page of the thread and is the one I've been referring to in choosing the right size. The chart that Eddie posted of the post-wash looks like the jeans were washed and dried aggressively so (with all due respect) I'm not entirely convinced they give an accurate reflection of how most of us will be wearing and washing our denim. 

I tried on raw tagged sizes 30 and 32 at my local shop: The 30 would definitely be too tight in the waist post-soak (I'm expecting around 6-7cm shrink in the waist) and the 32 was definitely too big. I'm taking the same size as my Sugarcane 47 and Warehouse 1001XX (31) and one up from my Fullcount 1101 (30), if that helps.

My second paragraph is not that clear: what I mean to say is that from trying on the raw versions, I think it's appropriate to recommend that folk take their standard tagged size, as the raw versions certainly would appear to shrink to tagged waist size (e.g. you want a 32'' waist, take a size 32).

hi all i cant seem to give full advice because i dont know how most of you will pre soak/wash/ hang dry/ dryer the jeans when you get them. so i cant really say. but depends i would get a size 35 cause i wanna size up And im gonna wAsh often so there. im gonna hot soak and hang dry twice.

Let me explain something I experienced. I am wearing TCB 60's and the raw size I chose is same with any other brand I own: Warehouse, Resolute, etc.

As the size chart stated on the TCB website, the waist of 50's is the same with 60's, so I choose the same Raw size with my 60's.

I never wear the belt and the jeans will always stretch back to nearly raw waist size, even with this Zimbabwe cotton it'll stretch more easily.

So it's safe to say take the normal size you wear most of your jeans.