TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

Sorry guys, it's a bad excuse but things have been crazy for me the past two weeks (new job, new work hours, no opportunities to take pictures so far this week due to no lighting; on top of other personal issues I won't mention lol), but I'll post my pair eventually, just not in time for judging! I unfortunately don't have anything to add though, so it's no real loss to the purity of epicness of the contest results already posted so far!

Dammit! I ordered a pair of TCB 50s yesterday. I was going to get the 505s as I prefer the cut of those but the denim on the 50s looks simply too good to pass up on.

All pairs posted are looking great so far.

you wont regret it.  My pair has this beautiful fluffy texture to it that is just sublime.  

And here's the babies. Sadly my Fuji X100 has just about died, but I think these all give a pretty good indication of how they look in the flesh.

Bummer.  Most of my digital stuff is with an X100T, and unless you are a bayer sensor savant, I can highly recommend the T! 

Bummer.  Most of my digital stuff is with an X100T, and unless you are a bayer sensor savant, I can highly recommend the T! 

It has been a great camera, but the exposure compensation dial has been playing up for perhaps a year, and now the shutter button jams, too. Probably the time I was photographing the nipper surfing and he rammed me... it seemed to have survived the short dunk but perhaps it's longer-term corrosion. Sersiously considering a Sony A7 next so I can use my Leica lenses on it, 

And guys, even if you've only got 8 months wear - post anyway! Or post last month's pics, whatever, we have to be in together at the close!

Sony Alpha 7 + Leica lenses sounds like a deadly combo.

You could try and find a good used Sony Alpha 7 II, don't think you would need the much more expensive Alpha II R.

Lots of Alpha 7 users have switched to the R model so there's quite a bit of 2nd hand 7II's in the used market. Main difference is that the old model has a 24MP sensor while the R has 42MP. They say the R is also slighty better for video. 

No friggin difference if you're going to use old manual lenses on it.

I've been playing with the idea of getting a used A7II myself but quite honestly my photography skills don't justify yet an upgrade.

Today I had a little chat with Hajime re an eventual TCB contest part deux.

So he's up for it. He knows he will have to come up with a new cut and a new fabric to gather the necessary interest.

He will see what he will find to copy. I hope it will be either a chinchback design or a WWII cut, but Hajime might even come up with other ideas/suggestions.

So, pending interest of possible new contestants we will be able to organise another run. This will take place only after the end of the OOE contest, so approx jan 2018. I might be dead by then, or I might have totally lost my interest for raw denim haha! If neither of these two things will occur I'll be helping out TCB to organise this new contest.

I will keep to use this thread for any further communication about this. It doens't seem to me necessary to open a new thread now, there's so much time ahead.

Haha, I love the fact that we're barely finished this contest and there's already a new one planned to take place 18 months from now. Oh the hype!

I will probably join in on the fun again depending on what we will play with.

So.... drums fingers...

While we're waiting, here's a photo I deemed too pretentious for the results thread. My 50s TCB with another 50s icon - the latter all original.

TCBTele_zps28ebzzzp.jpg

What's everyone planning to wear next? I wish I could have afforded a pair of Ooes, but I do have a very nice pair of jeans in the wash now, part of my fee for some work I did last Christmas.

great pic Paul!

I'll be alternating a pair of red cloud 436xx chinchback (mostly) and. pair of porky's 66 for when I need a clean, smarter pair. i really like the Red Clouds, the fit is very similar to the 50's but the rise is a touch lower, which is a relief for my thick spaghetti man gut. the fabric is nice too but it's very hard to come after the TCB's.

I'll keep wearing the 50's and 60's for light occasional weekend duty.

Congratulations volvo! And a huge thanks and congrats to everyone else that participated; This was truly the best thing on sufu for me since we got it going, and it's been amazing to see everyone's progress, glimpses into daily lives around the world, and of course, the end results of each individuals pairs were enough to destroy sufu altogether. Can't wait to do it all again with you fine gentleman (and woman)!

x post from the final submission thread:

thank you one and all! I am very happy and still quite surprised to have won, but I won't complain about it! If I was a judge I would have definitely picked up Paul T's pair.

as I seen the news I was wearing the victory pantsnxsgK1r.jpg

e poco dopo abbiamo festeggiato la vittoria con un bel cabaret di paste!

I don't know how to translate some of the words so you get the Italian version for your very fine understanding this time!FxTzKwZ.jpg

Edited by volvo240thebest

So.... drums fingers...

While we're waiting, here's a photo I deemed too pretentious for the results thread. My 50s TCB with another 50s icon - the latter all original.

Heh... I am glad someone else has had the same reservations about linking denim and guitars—I have a 1966 Strat in teal green (not original, but the custom shop did a very good job on their "time machine" series from a few years back) that looks pretty sweet with my well-worn SC66 and one or two fuzz pedals from the same year, but every time I think about it I end up going "yeah, nah.."

Having said that, I'm very happy to cast an appreciative eye over that pic—there is much to covet!