TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

Special thanks to all the participants and organisers of this thread, and of course all the folks at TCB. Blimey, the time went quickly!

I've had a great time in my jeans!

Had a few camera probs, but thought I'd share a few of my last few days. THis is one of my favourite buildings in London, Hawksmoor's Christ Church Spitalfields. A high point of British architecture on a spiritually charged site reputedly near some key ley lines. Immediately to its left is a pub, the 10 Bells, where many of Jack The Ripper's victims were regulars. Both feature in the movie From Hell. I like the way this looks like a movie set (they're bulldozing the victorian building on the right but keeping the facade).

Volvo0_zpsgsmzwj6x.jpg

And finally, what would this thread be without some Volvos! I dropped mine in to see Peter, who's been looking after it for the last 20 years (!) . I have some carb problems, decayed O ring which means fuel it leaking onto the manifold. No biggie, obviously. This is what was in the workshop when I dropped in: a lovely 220, altho I don't approve of the metallic paint, an Alfa Spider and a Jensen (which I didn't manage to focus on, sadly).

Volvo1_zpsfgex7fpv.jpg

extravolvo_zpsrcuvgiye.jpg]

volvo3_zpsosxfvq5a.jpg

In the yard is Peter's main motor:

volvo5_zpstn6lif05.jpg

And next to it a particular fave. This 220 was what we borrowed when the nipper was born, for a runaround. Great contrast to the 1800. It's getting decayed... they asked if I wanted to buy it a few years back, I said yes, then they talked me out of it. I'm still somewhat smitten.

volvo6_zpscqr8fehr.jpg

volvo7_zps562uxx2c.jpg

Edited by Paul T

maan I only now see the volvo post!

that volvo amazon kombi is my all time grail volvo car. i used to say that I would go to Sweden and buy one when I turn 40 but now I am 36 and I just can't see the chance (and the money) to buy one of these and restore it. Possibly a project for when I'll turn 50!

Your mechanics main drive is great too, a pre 1986 GLE with GT wheels! I am after a set of those rims for my own 244 GL, but they're very hard to come by locally (the GT series has never been sold in Italy).

really enjoyed that post my friend!!!!!!!!!!!

any word on how long the judging process will be? can't wait to see Paul T's

TCB will announce the winner this saturday, I've just asked to Hajime to log in on sufu and announce the winner directly on the final submission thread.

Dammit! I ordered a pair of TCB 50s yesterday. I was going to get the 505s as I prefer the cut of those but the denim on the 50s looks simply too good to pass up on.

All pairs posted are looking great so far.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

I've heard rumblings of a 30s jean if Inoue can find an original; wouldn't be a bad idea for a tbc contest part 2...

this is what I am hoping. Another TCB contest with an even looser fitting pair of jeans HAHAHA!

Just posted my final submission pics.  Def not as thrashed as most but I was going for a clean, washed out vintage look.  Getting puked on and wiping baby snot all over them, thus demanding more frequent washes helped this course of action.  

I loved the contest.  I wish I was able to post up more updates like Volvo/Bobbo etc... but our current life situation made that a bit more difficult (nothing bad, just busy!!)  

I also have grown to love the TCB 50's cut.  Every time I put them on it was like glorious denim comfort.  I will definitely get another pair at some point.  I have also had my eyes on the Seamans pants/jacket.  My 50's have tons of life left, although the pocket bags are starting to disintegrate and the butt seam is starting to unravel.  I will take them in for repair soon to prolong their life.  

So, to all involved and all who participated, I raise a glass 

If a 30's contest goes down (hopefully after Ooe), a new fabric would def. be needed!

I'd be actually be down with any unsanforized 5 pocket jean design, either WW2, 20's/30's chinchback or even 60's.

all of that not any sooner than 18 months though.

Would really like to see final submissions from TV Shooter and Erk. Both of their pairs were looking great last time they posted.

My pair with only eight months on them probably don't warrant sharing... Though I had to bail, I'm pleased to have been part of the contest in a small way earlier on. It's been really cool seeing where people have taken their jeans - both geographically and fade-wise!