TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

Great looking jeans Volvo! 

On my end of things I'm finally pretty much sorted with my move to Gothenburg. I've been enjoying good reads like part two of Knausgård's autobiography series, a fantasy compilation of short stories called Rogues and as of lately also Ametora.

25028242245_94784b610e_z.jpg

24401397323_b6a06df1b1_c.jpg

25028243505_d18abeea7c_z.jpg

Bonus images from Where's the music, a rather new festival with the same concept as SXSW. Very happy to see VÃ¥nna Inget, Tussilago and a danish band called Chinah that was massive surprise.

25001901146_31ab762ebc_z.jpg

24401400583_5676b03330_c.jpg

24660627239_91c054952b_z.jpg

24732715550_70ce1c8517_c.jpg

24397638474_2be8be0086_z.jpg

I also watched Bror Gunnar Jansson, a Swedish blues musician the other day. I don't have any pics from the show so here's a link to a youtube video instead.

I have failed to contribute anything so far. For that I am sorry. Since I joined up with my jeans I have not been able to wear them for work really. They mostly saw after-work and weekend action. However, this past December I quit my job and moved to Berlin with my wife and one-year-old son. My wife's work brought us here and for the time being I will be staying at home to care for my son. Now I can wear jeans whenever! I should also mention that the jeans-wearing-season is significantly longer here in Germany than in NC.

Here are some recent photos of their progress. I really love these jeans. I only wish I had gone a size smaller.
24481969123_5ba0a90f71_b.jpg 
25015544711_4a3a1518b4_b.jpg
24813200960_9484e12bf9_b.jpg
25082485466_8a383448c2_b.jpg
24813192290_1c02d657ae_b.jpg
24481949323_d8b995e659_b.jpg
24478132584_00ddd6c1d7_b.jpg

Edited by barenderson

Thanks!

Right now I am in a temporary place in Neukölln. Been hunting for a new place, mostly in Neukölln and Kreuzberg-Friedrichshain. My wife's office is only a 15 min walk from where we are now and she is into walking to work, so a lot of our search has been focused in our current neighborhood.

I know you guys have all been missing my coffee posts haha. finally I got some spare parts and put my Bacchi espresso machine back into use. ive been sorely misssing it in the last four months.

replaced part, had to change this (due to my wife's misuse of the machine...) and a couple moundings

piyfXFn.jpg

Bacchi in full glory (although still needs a thorough clean)

7dJZhDs.jpg

first cup I've poured after a four months hiatus!

RuK5SwU.jpg

had to celebrate with a ginto

quX7acz.jpg

still enjoying an almost daily diet of gin and tonic thanks to the supplies generously provided by our own Foxy, God bless him! this tonic, Gents, is my absolute favourite so far!

cheers!

Edited by volvo240thebest

Thanks!

Right now I am in a temporary place in Neukölln. Been hunting for a new place, mostly in Neukölln and Kreuzberg-Friedrichshain. My wife's office is only a 15 min walk from where we are now and she is into walking to work, so a lot of our search has been focused in our current neighborhood.

Been living right inbetween Kreutzberg, Schöneberg, Tempelhof and Neukölln most of my life - a nice neighborhood for Berlin...

Still in Berlin every other weekend - let me know if we should have a meet-up?

Hi Volvo,

More coffee pics, please!

Quick and dirty update.

Been travelling here and there, to some good, spooky locations.

End of Jan I was in Montreux for the launch of the Jazz Festival. Stayed in the Montreux Palace, with a beautiful view of the Alps, and in the evening went up the mountains...

IMG_6415_zpsnvhvy9nv.jpg

IMG_6416_zpsqrjcvrzb.jpg

IMG_6420_zpsd4510got.jpg

I had most of one day free, and used my time to explore the roots of Frankenstein. The story came to Mary Shelley in a dream, when she and husbany Percy were staying with Lord Byron in the Villa Diodati overlooking Lake Geneva. The Villa is still there, altho it's a private house so I couldn't go in...

Frankshouse_zpss6zlq0wd.jpg

This is the view overlooking the Lake.

IMG_6436_zps11owmtkk.jpg

This weekend we travelled up to another monstrous location. No, I don't mean this is where LAdy T is from! She grew up in North Yorkshire by the sea... but coincidentally this wasn't too far from Whitby, a seat of early Christianity which also happens to be the birthplace of Dracula. Bram Stoker worked on the story in the town, and Dracula famously first makes landfall here.

IMG_6487_zpsanycoafz.jpg

We travelled there via the Yorkshire Moors which are famously desolate. There was no snow by the coast, but pretty much a blizzard up in the hills.

IMG_6490_zpstfcv0fbj.jpg

There are many ruined buildings in the area - this is an abandoned abbey at Gisborough.

IMG_6499_zpshqfcneab.jpg

Edited by Paul T

`This is Lady T's home town, Saltburn., on a freezing day.

IMG_6500_zpsewzgnn1v.jpg
Saltburn_zpsygtdfnyu.jpg

The next morning we went to Whitby, which has an amazing, crazy museum. Full of odd Victorian items, amazing fossils - this area is full of Icthyosaur and other marine remains - plus stuff from the Bronze, Iron Age, early CHristian era, and also a string of Roman Watchforts.

One of my favourite items in the museum is the Hand of Glory. This turns up in Harry Pottter - it is the preserved hand of a hanged man. It is used to hold a candle, which will light the way for the hand's owner, while not being visible to others.

Hand of GLory
handofglory_zpsz4o4pfb8.jpg

Whitby Harbour is where Dracula first makes landing. There is a hill above the Harbour whcih was an early centre of Christianity, now with a beatiful Norman church, with a Georgian interior made by shipwrights. Then further up the hill is a ruined Abbey.

Whitby Harbour
IMG_6524_zpsidb3nxvb.jpg

Harbour from the top
IMG_6530_zpsxtddoe1k.jpg

This is the view from out of the church
StMArysinterior_zps31ggc9bh.jpg

THe church overlooks a  famous graveyard, a favoured haunt of Goths who come to visit the area!
StMarys_zpsvzqpbmtw.jpg

FInally on the way home we went past Fylingdales early warning radar - a modern version of those old Roman watch towers. For decades it held huge spheres with radar domes - now there's a new phased array structure in a kind of pyramid shape.
Fylingdales_zpske1xidzb.jpg

Paul send your pair pronto to a denim repair service! so maybe we'll have time to catch up with you!

I'd be curious to know who's going to judge the pairs at the end of the contest. are we going to use a poll as on the Ooe contest or will we have a judge? I'd be curious to hear which pair Inoue himself would vote.

btw here's my pair today, digging the high water cuff with the Iron Rangers

3SyZSZO.jpg

a cheap vest made by Asos, bought on sale 4 or 5 yrs ago for 11 eur shipping included!

I bought three of these with the same cut, one in grey tweed, one in blanket stripe and one in navy blue. My dad loved the navy blue one so I've passed that to him. He gave me in exchange his Oshkosh buffalo plaid wool vest, vintage from the late 70's (I think), score! spent 33 eur shipping included for the three of them. Not available anymore unfortunately, I would just buy another one if I could. It's my favourite vest.

This morning I headed to a somewhat local coffee bar called The Alchemist for my breakfast. Got myself a nice chevré sandwich and a cup of coffee. It was nice and calm because of the crap weather, I was the only customer when I got there unlike last time and couldn't find a place to sit.

The coffee bar is located on Hisingen, a part of Gothenburg that historically was frowned upon - nobody wanted to live on that side of the river unless they had to. This is where the shipyards were located before they were shut down and Volvo still has their factories (though a lot further in). Since the shipyards and docks got shut down they've worked hard on rebuilding the area and The Alchemist is located in a neighborhood that has been built in the past 5 years or so. 

24526514563_b0d88db698_z.jpg

25060099451_ccff10455c_z.jpg

On my way to Gothenburgs museum of arts I stopped by the city library next door to read Pauls book. Great stuff Paul! Well worth the read and I might try to snag one soon. 

25153372425_c5a5f17be0_z.jpg

I then went to the museum of arts. It costs you 4 bucks for a one year-entrance fee, giving you entrance to this museum, the national history museum, the city museum, the maritime museum and a design museum. Pretty crazy to be honest and I'm especially looking forward to visiting the maritime museum.

25153373005_cca94ab845_z.jpg

I wasn't there for a long time and only visited two floors but at least I can give you a glimpse of a Rembrandt and Gustaf Cederströms painting Bringing home the body of King Charles XII.

24857704150_abf7f0b901_c.jpg

25060100601_5278e66c22_z.jpg

Made myself a fresh brew of coffee when I got home. The motif on the cup is a character called Uncle blue from an old Swedish children's book, a mate of mine thought it was a suitable gift for a dude often kicking double denim. Can't argue about that! 

24857704990_07b1ccf9ec_c.jpg

here's some pics of my day, almost think I am overdoing updates here, but had time to snag some pics so bear with me guys!

Saturday at home with no work to do, and it's a beautiful day, and nobody is sick at home, incredible. I started with a mean double shot at home, and some beatiful morning light in the kitchen

ADf85Sg.jpg

played with my daughter, got her a toy camera, were takings pics of each other at the same time, meta-photography

f3kLXzP.jpg

had to buy some exra wood for the stove, as we were running out of supply, love to stack wood chops, real life tetris game

FxC3mY3.jpg

my garden is still a total mess, and the house a complete work in progress, two storey house, we're living on the second story only, will have soon to start to do works on the first storey too. I feel the works will never come to an end. I love to live in the country side and I am happy to have bought an old house, but man I miss those times when we were renting a nice flat in the historical centre of the main city around here. anyway here's a nice view of my garden, rust covered chair + rust covered petrol barrell haha

225FWEP.jpg

big mimosa tree in the garden

8IPPvt5.jpg

went for a stroll with the daughter in the village, there is a lot of painting on the doors around here, is a thing of my village

6f0V9f7.jpg

narrow street, or caruggi as we call them in the local dialect

aMd4YgU.jpg

another thing here is ceramic, and pottery art. the village where I live is famous for an old ceramic tradition, mostly pottery but in the 20's and 30's a lot of futurist artists (the poet Marinetti was a regular, as well as Lucio Fontana, Agenore Fabbri and a lot of less known artist, many from Scandinavia and Germany as well) came over here to learn how to work with ceramics, so there'a bit of modern art as well, like this panel here. love how modern art blends with an old stone wall

04uVBri.jpg

ivhXi5F.jpg

moved to a nearby village for an organic farmers market in the afternoon.

here's my babes

qUFMs79.jpg

trying out my first wideangle lens, still not used to it. It's a vintage Pentax 28mm. Not used to it yet, should edit the photo but I'm too lazy to do it on a computer haha

NiPVebG.jpg

KyGIQkE.jpg

sunset on the beach

9IJ7XJ0.jpg

and to keep it denim related (!), tcb shirt pocket deets

5HKUDOJ.jpg

and a poker four piece TCB suit

uUXHs4M.jpg

I think I'm going to wash again the jeans tomorrow, Aho style (every two wears hahah!!), just as I want the denim to get more washed out before the end of the contest.