TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

Went to Japan for a few days, got my fix of food!

23034226039_a71b84fc82_c.jpgDSC_2123 by 6u07, on Flickr

23376025366_332d5df730_c.jpgDSC_2115 by 6u07, on Flickr

22773822454_0ec87e6ce9_c.jpgDSC_2126 by 6u07, on Flickr

23106413400_f11b25ec3b_c.jpgDSC_2129 by 6u07, on Flickr

23293720342_a0ff80a5d4_c.jpgIMG-20151121-WA0037 by 6u07, on Flickr

23106414950_87f0cbbeba_c.jpgDSC_2128 by 6u07, on Flickr

23034233949_8ee758d069_c.jpgDSC_2133 by 6u07, on Flickr

22775015963_73da4dfd29_c.jpgDSC_2118 by 6u07, on Flickr

RIght, don't think I've been giving enough TLC to this thread in the last few months so thought I'd do a bit of a photo-dump.

back in October we had a beautiful trip to Paris. So sorry to see what's happened in the city since; so sad to see much of the response to it, too.

Louvre_zpsygj6ohau.jpg

Back in London. We saw a cock on the street.

alright%20cock_zpshmeveih5.jpg

I love walking out every morning; you really see all the shades of the seasons. The leaves have gone from golden red to a bleached orange.

fall1_zpsfnldcjvl.jpg

Greenwich_zpscdsm18vr.jpg

and then the morning frosts...

frost_zpspg0ypq6w.jpg

Weekend just gone I had a lovely, lightning trip to NYC - I was doing a bunch of radio and an in-store to launch my Brian paperback in the US, plus a review of Lazarus, the new play using Bowie music.

I flew over on Thanksgiving itself, and the in-store was Black Friday at Book Court in Brooklyn. I had some radio in the morning at boring hotels, then was all a bit of a rush. But it turned out really well - the store was full, with people not buying Black Friday stuff. Well, buying my book, so that's OK. (it's a small store admittedly so not too hard to fill but was nonetheless wonderful). I love good US book stores so it was wonderful to be part of the scene  for an evening.

bookcourt_zpsuboyn4zd.jpg

After the reading and Q&A I got taken for a drink by a journalist to a local craft beer bar. I think the craft beer movement has gone too far on the East Coast - pretentious, too many high-alcohol IPAs that are like a parody of the real thing. Then the journo's girlfriend turned up and started shouting at him that he said he'd be an hour max and now it was nearly three hours, what the hell etc etc. SO all in all I felt I'd had a value-for-mney day!

Friday morning I want back to one of my old haunts in the West Village. Even over the last 12 years it's become heavily gentrified - although the Highline, which they've turned into a park, is beautiful.

highline_zpsz9e7rdx1.jpg

highline2_zpsfdsqicdu.jpg

Highline3_zpsxo97hsgf.jpg

highlie4_zpsevf7ztks.jpg

Edited by Paul T

i cant drink IPA's anymore, mostly because of the uber alcohol and the hops sledgehammer that gets shoved down your throat. When they leave an after taste of a skunk in your mouth, there's too much hops.

Only beer I really drink at the moment. Alcohol content doesn't really worry me to much, but a nice 70-80 ibu is perfect. Really just like something strong, so my tastes might change to stouts when I can find a good one.

there are many good IPAs still; my local, Greenwich Meantime, is lovely, the basic Lagunitas is pretty good, and I'm sure I've had decent ones from many smaller makers in California.

But on this trip I had at least four that aren't zingy, they're acrid - including the Lagunitas Maximus which is fizzy and simply nasty, hence a parody of the style. And they're all the worse when given a five-minute over-rehearsed pretentious-bollocks spiel by your bar-tender.

In fact, they're a bit like horrible over-slubbed super-heavyweight denim!

Edited by Paul T

Aye Paul I just happen to dislike just as much Ipa's and superslub heavy weight denim haha!

i just love when a beer tastes of beer, something is becoming more and more rare this days.

I'm not at all a connoisseur nor a beer enthusiast (more of a wine person myself) but my favourite beer is a nice draught La Chouffe, mmh...

Anyone into lambic beers here? Been invited to a lambic taste beer night last time I was over in Belgium and had a hard time to resist till the end.. worse than Ipa's, for God's sake!

Aye Paul I just happen to dislike just as much Ipa's and superslub heavy weight denim haha!

i just love when a beer tastes of beer, something is becoming more and more rare this days.

I'm not at all a connoisseur nor a beer enthusiast (more of a wine person myself) but my favourite beer is a nice draught La Chouffe, mmh...

Anyone into lambic beers here? Been invited to a lambic taste beer night last time I was over in Belgium and had a hard time to resist till the end.. worse than Ipa's, for God's sake!

if you have a chance, try the punk IPA by brewdog, it might change your mind. 

I'm a hardcore IPA and stout drinker.. but I love all sorts of beer (except for light beer)

Only beer I really drink at the moment. Alcohol content doesn't really worry me to much, but a nice 70-80 ibu is perfect. Really just like something strong, so my tastes might change to stouts when I can find a good one.

If you see it in the stores, there's one called the three musketeers porter, it's a really nice porter that has scents of coffee, caramel and chocolate. Not too thick if memory serves me correct.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/11056/46644/

im just tired of this trend of packing as much hops as possible into a beer, just for bragging rights.  Im not up on the craft beer scene much, but this was the trend a few years ago and it was disgusting.  If everything is balanced, so be it.  but a shit load of hops and a shit load of alcohol just tastes bad to me.  

The beer, the beer, the beer, the beer, the beer

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear

Just a bit of lambic pentameter for you!

That actually made me laugh out loud (and not just type lol)