TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

Hi guys ,

after reading this contest and watching the tons of cool pics i will order a TCB 1950ies. Again one question about the waist. After many washes are these still true to size or should i one size up ?I `m wearing size 32 in all of my jeans .

Thank you very much !

Wow, insane updates all around! We have about 4 months left so this is where things will really start getting interesting. I haven't seen a pair yet that isn't in contention, aside from maybe my pair which only gets sparse wear :(

ah_long, I bet you'll see those pictures on the TCB blog tomorrow! lol

Edited by aho

Wow, insane updates all around! We have about 4 months left so this is where things will really start getting interesting. I haven't seen a pair yet that isn't in contention, aside from maybe my pair which only gets sparse wear :(

ah_long, I bet you'll see those pictures on the TCB blog tomorrow! lol

I'm glad it's ending in 4 months, not sure if they will last beyond that without getting sent out for repairs. My experience tells me that they will break down in an accelerated pace in the next few months.

These are the some of the slowest fading jeans I've owned so far (right up there with Evisu No. 1), but it's probably one of the most rewarding pair. These jeans represents back to the basics for me, no arcs, no pocket lining, no loud features; just nice roping, marbling and texture all around! They go really well with relatively frequent machine washing as well!

Edited by ah_long

Your jeans look superb Ah Long. Quite possibly the winning pair although it's gonna be really tight!

In solidarity with Aho, I must confess that I haven't worn my TCB much at all since the end of May but I am still really enjoying watching the contest from the sidelines. Just don't think the 50s cut is for me, unfortunately.

PaulT actually a couple comparo pics between an original pair of 501XX and the TCB would be really great. I think my pair looks like an old pair of XX's but I never handled the real mccoy. if I look at those berberjin pics on Instagram they look quite similar to my eye.

Ah Long, those are ridiculous! you don't have to wear them another day and will prob win best fades.  what kind of wallet do you have that produces that fade mark? also, your pair looks like the leg has a slight taper similar to the Devi's contest pair.  is that just the angle of the picture?  

Ah Long, those are ridiculous! you don't have to wear them another day and will prob win best fades.  what kind of wallet do you have that produces that fade mark? also, your pair looks like the leg has a slight taper similar to the Devi's contest pair.  is that just the angle of the picture?

Just the angle of the picture and the shrinkage at the hem caused by roping. Take 5 HK did an awesome job hemming these.

Just a regular bifold, nothing special. Pocket lining would probably make the pockets last longer though.

I really like all those  updates from everyone! This TCB is really “up there†like Volvo said. One of my favorite ones. Not too big and with the right guys that deliver the 3F: fades, food and fun! :D

Let me second b_F here...this contest has been a lurker's dream...a really fantastic vibe to the whole thread and its participants...I've really enjoyed watching.

Also, I'm trying to get another pair of these. Was thinking of going down a size or two on the 50s and wearing without a cuff. Can we still order these things from ed? I've noticed his shop is called signet now. I felt like working through him was easy and I'd do it again. paging ed??

Maybe worth contacting Tuckshop first Erk.

weekly sale going on over at Tuckshop includes 40% off the 50's and 60's jeans!

As Black Friday is coming up,

we have planned a series ofWEEKLY FLASH SALESFlash Sales will commence every

Thursday to Friday.22nd Oct to 23rd Oct 2015.(The next one is 29th Oct to 30th Oct 2015).Every week, we will select the brand/items eligible for discount offer.

Every brand has got its day to cater for different people.

Discount price varies.

For this week,

Clearing of some odd pieces to make space for new items.

There are 2 categories, 40% Discount  for Bottoms and 30% Discount for Tops

ENTER THIS CODE DURING CHECKOUT FOR 40% DISCOUNT BOTTOMSTT221040

Stevenson Overall Clothing Old West 915Heller's Cafe Non-Pareil HC-02 Waist OverallBlacksign 13.5oz Selvedge Denim JeansBlacksign Antique Chinos Sheriff Breeches (Midnight)Blacksign Antique Chinos Sheriff Breeches (Soldier Green)TCB 50s JeansTCB 60s JeansTCB Crawling Pants

ENTER THIS CODE DURING CHECKOUT FOR 30% DISCOUNT TOPSTT221030

Warehouse Loopwheel Sweat Shirt (Navy)Warehouse Loopwheel Sweat Shirt (Wine)Warehouse Plain 3/4 T-Shirt (Black)Warehouse Stripe 3/4 T-Shirt (Orange)Warehouse Stripe 3/4 T-shirt (White)Blacksign Mao Collar Henley (Lake Blue)Blacksign Mao Collar Henley (Midnight)Blacksign Mao Collar Henley (Salt White)Blacksign Wide Border S/S Tee (Grey)Blacksign Wide Border S/S Tee (Oat)

*Free Shipping only available when total amount is more than USD 150.00

**Please read our shipping terms here

If there is something in your interest, do sign-up with us for email notifications of latest discount offer!

Just visit, http://tuckshopsundrysupplies.com/ scroll all the way down on main page, enter email address and that's it!

Hello from Sweden,

I've been on the move quite a lot lately, here is a little bombardment of what I've been up to.

22364452518_1d1f655033_c.jpg

About a year ago they hired artists to brighten up my small hometown. I only walked by two of them, hopefully I can show you the other ones before the contest is over.

22552157775_5592f4bd80_c.jpg

22364215940_3085a4aa8c_c.jpg

Hanging out with my grandpa = lots of fika. 

22526179546_c8f5311c5e_c.jpg

I've also hung out a bit in Gothenburg (still no signs of vintage Volvos).

22364452078_5b90d1a8c6_c.jpg

22365351109_91fb145dbb_c.jpg

And finally I went to Norrköping this past weekend to watch IFK Norrköping's last home game of the season. We're in the lead, one point ahead going into the final round. Fingers crossed for the first title since 1989! It's a small club albeit being the most successful one historically, producing immense players like Gunnar Nordahl and Nils Liedholm that tore shit up for AC Milan back in the '50s and '60s.

22364220230_7c664f8f4a_c.jpg

22538614422_ac53a63eb7_c.jpg

21930972853_26e35ccea3_c.jpg

22563366701_71c133a608_c.jpg

Edited by Bobbo

haha I love you Swedes talking about having lots of fika, I hope you would come to Italy and have a lot of fica here, our Italian version of it it's a much better thing, honest to God!

I am spending the week in a great recording studio near the small city of Recco, famous for the focaccia di Recco, the most mouth watering bread related experience in the world, only second after a true proper Neapolitan pizza in Naples.

focaccia di Recco

1417645E-50B2-4E63-B118-A935F59B0EC1_zps

two very thin layers of pasta, in the middle some great local cheese called prescinseua, rather reminiscing of stracchino cheese.

the focaccia pizzata

804ECE52-092B-4566-B539-1695AC0C7C18_zps

same as above but with an extra garnishing of tomatoes, origano, capers and local olives.

and some tagliatelle with porcini mushrooms for good measure!

C858CF9F-CE1C-4F33-B1F2-848737FE534F_zps

Edited by volvo240thebest

oh man that looks so good.  My wife has been in Europe for work (Paris, Freiburg, Zurich and now Madrid) for two weeks and Im at home on dad duty.  To top it off, we started our foundation replacement three days after she left.  Our house is basically balanced on jenga blocks.  I'll get some pics up but its pretty amazing what they can do...

^^ Haha, fika is a major part of our identity. I do enjoy the italian version a lot, would love to come over again and fica my heart out. Actually had a plan to go over and Watch Daniel Norgren perform when he's in Italy in february, great blues stuff.