TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

Those are looking good Ah_long.

Just out of curiosity...have you decided what your next pair will be at the end of this contest?

Those are looking good Ah_long.

Just out of curiosity...have you decided what your next pair will be at the end of this contest?

Haven't decided yet. I still have a brand new pair of sd106 and a brand new pair of samurai x take 5 at home

^Man that's killer pair of jeans right there tvshooter!

I really dig the subtle fading. The overall look is just right.

They really have that feel of a vintage pair of redline Levis IMO.

Haven't decided yet. I still have a brand new pair of sd106 and a brand new pair of samurai x take 5 at home

Decisions...decisions... B)

I have no major life updates this time, been very very busy with gigs and most of all with my festival director job. The festival took off last week and we launched it with the King's Singers, all the way from UK. Thank God everything worked out smoothly an we had the full house too. I couldn't start better as this is my first year here and the festival didn't have a single sold out concert in the last two years.

257A6CDC-C2FD-4B0B-A92A-BB8DDE8D9CCE_zps

That's the church facing the main open air venue of the festival

7DC26F45-80B6-4B9F-BA1C-66EE7E7CC08E_zps

That's all for now!

Ssup dudes? I've been wearing my TCB over the past two weeks and today I knocked off work early and took a walk down from the Peak...

View over the south side of Hong Kong island, towards Aberdeen harbour:

19544210164_46029f29c8_z.jpg

And from the other side looking north over Victoria harbour:

19544209614_bb44e9d217_z.jpg

Couldn't resist the selfie opp on Magazine Gap Road:

19980204159_2c54e232ed_z.jpg

Further down the hill, you get to the residential towers of Mid-Levels:

19545892953_de5362aaec_z.jpg

The route begins to run parallel to the Peak Tram line:

20166861085_b8cb21610b_z.jpg

And then you're in Central, with its financial towers:

20172440351_3ccdbf06fb_z.jpg

Cont...

Howdy gents!

I'm back home now after a lovely weekend in Germany at the Bardentreffen festival in Nurnberg where I also had the chance to meet Foxy and (very briefly!) Max Power.

Herr F is the coolest guy ever! After the first gig at the festival he brought me to a really cool cocktail bar where we had some outstanding g&t's. I thought I knew a thing or two about g&t's but I was wrong! My favourite drink was either Hendrick's or Botanist with tonic and a couple slices of cucumber. I won't thank enough Herr F for introducing me to the Monkey 47:

9B7A9665-0BF1-4884-935A-C3D2CB84B522_zps

This stuff is just the next level!

We spent a couple hours trying out different gins and different tonics, while talking about the joys of life (volvos, drinks, coffee, all sorts of music from early sacred polyphonic music, to folk music to ECM recordings, and occasionally about Japanese denim).

After a couple hours I felt oiled enough to hit the bed but unfortunately when I got back to the hotel I bumped into some of my mates and other friends who insisted to bring me out for a nightcap drink, which eventually turned into several other drinks, bad idea... But that's another story!

A couple pics

Saturday gig in Nurnerg (on the far right you can see yours truly and the TCB's)

5C306673-4859-4567-BE5B-1FDAD8021880_zps

Another random pic of the gig I found on the Bardentreffen Facebook page, me tooting away while wearing a RC shirt and a Edwin denim vest:

0C0A6009-C534-46EA-883E-5CC4CD55BD95_zps

Stage pic courtesy of herr F

D5E81BDA-DE23-4329-BA24-A02875FE2330_zps

Last but not least here's yours truly and Herr Foxy, sorry for the stupid face!

4AD909E7-CF67-462C-A472-4B416A0704C3_zps

Edited by volvo240thebest

Awesome updates!

All the Honk Kong photos make me miss South East Asia, looks like I might be in Singapore around Christmas possibly. Very exciting.

Sounds like you and Foxy had a good time too, makes me want to go have a gin and tonic myself.

Muahahahaha! In Italy they say "Un uomo senza pancia e come un cielo senza stelle" - "a man without belly is like a sky without stars".

In fact the photo was a bad photoshop edit by Foxy. That's how I really look like:

CF142C49-8161-46DA-953D-F8814DC99552_zps

Indeed, I have some backstage pictures that can not be posted here, but would prove this point...

Edited by Foxy2

Im seeing slow and steady progression.  not much contrast because they are such a relaxed fit, but Im ok with that.  The overall fading characteristic is fantastic, such a nice washed out faded vintage blue color.  They have since seen a couple washes, and thus show a bit more contrasting but not much.  

Added bonus, we have a bunch of these salamanders living under our house, and because we are doing some foundation work soon, I have taken the job of catching and relocating them.  There are quite a few of these little guys.  

And teh sunset the other day was pretty nice.

DSCF3868_zpswclrryyu.jpg

DSCF3876_zps0a4lduap.jpg

IMG_1856_zps3wvomyqm.jpg

DSCF3878_zpsq9zrrzxc.jpg

Volvo, what brand of shoes are those?

Gunboats by Indonesian brand Prière. Pretty good for what they cost (under 100 Eur including shipping) but nothing I would reccomend if you're looking for sheer quality. Blake stitched rather than Goodyear welt, they have a very nice shape but the leather used it's not impressive (corrected grain). I was looking for a cheap pair of brogues for tours that I could squeeze into my bag with no respect so I went with them.