TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

I think they may be big on you. 

you might end up getting a little more shrinkage out of the TCBs than samurai, but at the waist its of no consequence. Mine stretched back to raw size in probably an hour. 

what does your waist measure? 

My wiaist measures between 35-36". Some of the size charts for the 50's cut have shown the waist as being 86cm raw, and Tuckshop's size chart showed a 34 waist for the raw size 36. It's all very confusing! 

if you measure between 35 and 36 you should be fine. They're gonna be a lot different than the 710. make sure you let us know how they work out. 

Will do. I've got the 510's, which are a lot fuller than the 710's btw. Thanks for the input, and I will definitely post an update once they've arrived. I just had to pull the trigger after watching all the posts in this thread for almost a year now. 

Will do. I've got the 510's, which are a lot fuller than the 710's btw. Thanks for the input, and I will definitely post an update once they've arrived. I just had to pull the trigger after watching all the posts in this thread for almost a year now. 

sorry, I read 510 as 710.  Disregard my Samurai comment!

I think you will be good on size to be honest.  

Hey beardy

Here measurements, TCB50's crispy after wash:

Waist (front and rear rise aligned) 17.50 (it will get to 18 with 10 mins wear though)

Front rise 12

Thigh 13.50

You sized it right, bingo!

Hey beardy

Here measurements, TCB50's crispy after wash:

Waist (front and rear rise aligned) 17.50 (it will get to 18 with 10 mins wear though)

Front rise 12

Thigh 13.50

You sized it right, bingo!

Thanks so much Volvo! I'll keep you posted once they arrive. It does look like I'll be just fine based on your measurements. 

Howdy!

I spent the last couple days touring in Germany.

Here's a couple pics, just to keep the thread rolling along!

We always stop at the Italian Swiss border for the last decent coffee, and every time we take a chance at scratch cards. It's a tradition of our as the very first time we crossed the border on our way to Deutscheland many years we won 500 euros with one of these cards! This time we won 5 euros which were promptly invested in another scratch card, no win.

D0C33EAB-1257-4B8C-A146-868F5F0BC7BC_zps

Crossing the San Bernardino pass

77B73C21-6313-40E5-8A9C-EDF2C1EC9D11_zps

Random texture pic of TCB jacket and jeans, taken while bored in the car

8F86CD8E-09E9-4976-BC7B-53687BC56BB4_zps

Rainy day..

27EF7717-F29D-4A1F-9234-028CAA5B4076_zps

Bookish guy in the band reading in the backstage

11F5D9E2-74DA-4C36-B518-A3E2DD810B7A_zps

My mate Filippo checking sound on the organetto (Italian traditional squeezebox)

AF25ABCF-F8C9-4165-8939-39C98C6AEDCD_zps

Fiddle soundcheck

B53343D6-0862-4F10-9852-202150D378B1_zps

Piva (northern Italian bagpipes)

8B9977F9-E3E0-4C9C-B828-5D861C4C7EBD_zps

You're playing the wrong end of Germany tonight - maybe I'll catch you at Bardentreff in August this year....

Edited by Foxy2

Great stuff Foxy. Bardentreffen should ne nice they told me it's a good festival

Great town - great atmosphere...

In fact, we are heading to Nürnberg later this week for the "Blue Night". My wife and I used to work and live there for a couple of years and we still go back every now and then.

Edited by Foxy2

Volvo, your band have a website?  Where can I listen?

we do have a website but it's still all nicely written in Italian only, for your fine understanding, and sucks too.

our recording label recently put up some videos on youtube, here you go

https://youtu.be/qG0tR5x02wU

https://youtu.be/1ddvcLMQ8zk

if you look up on spotify our first album is there and you could listen to it in streaming.

we play traditional music from Northern Italy, not your typical ubercoool sufu music. Apologies for those not interested!

Edited by volvo240thebest

That's the Northern Italian bagpipes, very different from the zampogna (bagpipes from Calabria and other parts of Southern Italy) which you may have heard of.

And those are not selvedge! They are Jacob Cohen's, awful overpriced Italian denim. The outer edges are stitched in a way that sort of looks like selvedge but it's not. Proper Italian wanker's denim!

Edited by volvo240thebest