TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

This is me and the (much younger) nipper getting an esresso, and babycino, from three world champs: Michael Phillips, world champion barista, 2010 and in the middle, Stephen Morrissey Ireland's best barista, world champion 2008, and Gwilym Davies, 2012 .world champion.

I think Gwuilym might have recommended the ROK, previously known as the Presso. I've tried it, it's better than a conventional stovetop. Would make a good backup, especially for when me and nipper go camping in the volvo.

championbaristas.jpg

used to get my morning hits from Gwilym's coffee cart in Clerkenwell when i lived in London. i forgot the street name but it was west of Old Street tube. good guy

Edited by okisan

lads, my jeans are finally starting to take shape finally!

I've been out from home on a last minute emergency work trip for the last week and i had no other pairs to backup, i couldn't indulge myself in the temptation of wearing the 60's, and i just lived on the 50's almost 24hrs a day!

So I just had a quite big move in my work career. Beside playing music I've being working on concert/festival organization for the last 10 years. Last week I won a public exam to become the new tech director of the biggest chamber music festival of my area here in Italy. I am really happy as it's a rather prestigious job. The festival it's held in a very beautiful place so I might be able to take some fun updates over the next months.

on another side I recently had a chance to buy a pair of Iron Rangers and they work just perfect with a wide leg jean like our beloved TCB's, finally I found the right shoe for these jeans!

more photos over the week end.

Damn Jared, that's beautiful work!

Sugar, I thought they were slow to fade but a few washes really helps loosen up the dye in my experience. They're starting to take off just as I expected and I've had maybe around 5-6 washes?  

I didn't want to post any pictures from my Hong Kong and Tokyo trips (they're all on insta anyway) but I'll try and take some for the thread at Inspiration LA this weekend! It's going to be insane, the vendor list alone is off the charts, and it seems like everyone is going this year...

Aho - yeah, I'm getting there and agree that the washing helps (mine have had 4 washes now). I love wearing these all the same, so it's ok if they take their own sweet time to crock. A couple of recent shots:

16253836967_7578ff6ac8_z.jpg

^ Peep the massive loom skip in the fabric on the top of the right thigh. 

16253880497_4f46cac71b_z.jpg

I don't think anyone would have a problem with a few shots of your trip to HK and Tokyo (and a fit pic!).  ;)

Sugar, all I can say is, I got a long way to go with both. I must say, it feels a little odd addressing you as Sugar. That loom skip is very similar to the one on my Devi's S01. So tight.

Aho, for my sake as a non-IG participant, post some photos from your trip here.