TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

Superb Gnomes, this is what the contest is all about - to give a real flavour of everyone's lives. At least you don't have to wear a suit to work.

Thought I'd document my commute to work.

15336038338_0bdf95a9dd.jpg

He looks a bit suspicious, doesn't like his photo being taken without permission!

Superb Gnomes, this is what the contest is all about - to give a real flavour of everyone's lives. At least you don't have to wear a suit to work.

He looks a bit suspicious, doesn't like his photo being taken without permission!

haha, he had no idea.  the Fuji x100s has a silent shutter setting and literally makes no noise when taking a picture.  I just pretend im fiddling with some setting and get the shot.  I usually try to not invade peoples privacy, even though they are in public and have absolutely zero say in if I can or cannot take their pic.  Its a slippery slope, and im trying to navigate it as decently as I can especially since I'm getting more and more into street photography.  

Took a day trip to the southern part of the Philippines to check on something we're working on. It's about a two hour flight going there. 

I love early morning light! 

FullSizeRender2.jpg

Not the same terminal but the Manila airport has constantly been voted the worst in the world. This terminal is exclusively used for passengers of our flagship carrier, Philippine Airlines. Although construction has been going on in the other terminals to improve the facilities.

IMG_4664.jpg

I've been wearing my pair everyday since the start, I've only missed about 6 hours this sunday. after three weeks they started already to smell rustic, and yesterday they've been christened by some daughters puke, hence I decided that they will hit their first wash very soon! I've also lost 4 kilos since the start of the contest so I will give them a 40°C wash with no hesitation!

does anyone have some evo yet worth to be mentioned?

I have my typical fades starting to develop.  The back belt loop for some reason always starts to show signs of abrasion and the fly...  the roping is getting pretty good however, and should be the best I have on any pair, except maybe my Full Counts.  We will see! 

yesterday I did wash my pair at 40°C and I'm glad I did as I got some further shrink, especially in the inseam. I'd say I can keep the jeans without a further hem, it looks good and I already see some roping.

here's the first progress I can see on the jeans, my ubiquitous concho wallet fade (it will probably turn out in a hole in one year)

tcb_zps04e0a995.jpg

cuffs

tcb2_zpsc17028b9.jpg

today we went for a walk, we saw some tibetan flags

bandierine1lr_zps34d8760c.jpg

bagni ulisse, what a name!

ulisse_zps0e2a5be4.jpg

we passed through this old train gallery

tunnel_zps2f3bb92b.jpg

and we spent some time here

molo_zps061b7328.jpg

then we met with some friends at our village where there was the local "castagnata" (chestnut fest). people eat roasted chestnuts, drink red wine and listen to terrible music (!). all people involved in the organization are volunteers and the proceeds go for charity projects.

the good lads from the staff roasting chestnuts

elleracastagne_zps30fb2864.jpg

chestnuts and wine

castagne_zps808dc2e0.jpg

that's it for this weekend!

Gave my pair a quick wash (no detergent) as I felt theres still a bit shrinkage left. 3rd wash so far, latest measurements:

size 34 (inches BiG style)

Waist: 32
Thigh: 12.75
Knee: 9.75

Inseam: 27.75

Leg Opening: 9.25

Edited by aho

Yeah roasted chestnuts and red wine are a match made in heaven! Unfortunately I had way too little wine to not be pissed off by the music ahah!

Edited by volvo240thebest

the baby sleep talk!

she's good and my wife is great so I can't complain. she usually sleeps in her cot straight the first 3 hours then we co-sleep the rest of the night. most of the time my wife does the hard job and I don't even notice it. I am a very supporting papa ahaha! I'll get her some tcb 50's when it's about time!