Experimental Music

typicalfashion

superresurrection

Anyways, i've been putting that what freeleech to good use and accumulating a good deal of music, trying to get as much as possible.

So far i downloaded some of:

Radigue

Pauline Oliveros

Andrew Deutsch

Alvin Lucier

also a couple of compilations of the history of electronic music which have been interesting (OHM early gurus and anthology of noise and electronic music)

Most of these were recommendations from 'Ignite, I'm going to be tracking down all of the artists mentioned here but seeing as there haven't been any further replies for 2 years, feel free to recommend further artists, old or new.

i'm really in the mood for some new world music, I'm partial to African and South-East Asian music in particular but i'm not too picky. Last time I found something really good was Guitars from Agadez Vol.2 via Sublime Frequencies. Do we have a world music thread?

I'll be doing an experimental violin focus--new uses as counterpoint, texture, and inner-harmonics since Henry Flynt running through NY minimalism and into contemporary usages in Midwestern noise and new improv tonight on WHPK 88.5FM Chicago (streaming at www.whpk.org) 7-9PM CST.

Most of these were recommendations from 'Ignite, I'm going to be tracking down all of the artists mentioned here but seeing as there haven't been any further replies for 2 years, feel free to recommend further artists, old or new.

i'm really in the mood for some new world music, I'm partial to African and South-East Asian music in particular but i'm not too picky. Last time I found something really good was Guitars from Agadez Vol.2 via Sublime Frequencies. Do we have a world music thread?

yeah sorry man, been slacking. you should come out to nyc, you can visit the spurs pub and we can get crazy with music.

what you absolutely fucking need on sublime frequencies is the group doueh records - vol 2 better but vol 1 has one track that's beyond insane.

not that it's experimental but hey

icarus, i will be visiting hpk for the first time in 15 years this summer - you guys better have taken care of the place

those group doueh records are good

the first one is a little like ground glass in your ears

they are dope live too doueh did some hendrix moves

i like mississippi records too for random reissues/compilations of out there music

you can download their tape series from Root Blog

I usually check what Honest Jon's gets in for everything that isnt electronic music

I'll be doing an experimental violin focus--new uses as counterpoint, texture, and inner-harmonics since Henry Flynt running through NY minimalism and into contemporary usages in Midwestern noise and new improv tonight on WHPK 88.5FM Chicago (streaming at www.whpk.org) 7-9PM CST.

any chance you have an archive for this one? missed it...

• 2 weeks later...

What timing. The day I decide to poke my nose back into this board is less than a week after somebody starts talking AMM.

Have you guys heard the new album? Might actually be the best disc since Keith left the band. between John Butcher and Christian Wolff, they're actually getting enough grit back into the group sound to keep me interested. Some young cellist in the mix too out of Prevost's workshop. Not sold on her but she definitely doesn't fuck it up.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

i think it referred to like, alt rock bands like radiohead, but i've been seeing it used more to signify music on the more experimental side. I thought i replied to this already, damn.

I heard Ayshay on a radio show ages ago and completely forgot about her until recently - the new ep is really good, i need more like this/

AJobaxZqy18

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

This thread makes me glad to be on superfuture. Anyway, I listened to this amazing compilation a while ago, seems like something that would be in place here. I hadn't heard anything by Destroy All Monsters before this, but this 3 disc set (put out on Thurston Moore's record label)seems to me like a great summary of a absolutely crazy band that was really ahead of their time. I mean, noise rock like this, that predates Les Rallizes Denudes? Fragments of Drone, Free Improvisation, Musique Concrete, and even pure Harsh Noise? Yes Please! Definitely a must check-out for fans of experimental music

216129.jpg

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/destroy_all_monsters/1974___1976/

Edited by Deux_Oiseaux

100 vinyl copies of The White Album played simultaneously.

https://soundcloud.c...um-side-1-x-100

Also: One of the best resources for experimental and noise recordings I've found online. I highly recommend you sift through this.

Edited by Vicarious

• 3 months later...