New(ish) designers

Gaspardd

I couldn't really find a thread for it, but I wanted a place to talk about up & coming designers doing interesting things. I wanna keep it to designers that have only producing collections in the last 2-3 or so years. 

Starting the thread off with Josh Reim (Petrol By Josh Reim). This guy is canadian I think and this is his only collection available to look at (I think he made a bunch of tees last season ?) But I really dig the aesthetic of it. I'm yet to find anywhere that stocks his stuff but keep an eye out in the future for him 
http://joshreim.com/

1.png

7.png

5.png

Cottweiler, I've mentioned before in another thread, still doing great stuff though. They have around 4 seasons out from what I can tell and is stocked at Primitive London/Farfetch. 

http://www.cottweiler.com/

4.jpg

6.jpg

3.jpg

Nasir Mazhar has definitely been around for a while/known well but only recently been producing full clothing collections. His hats are amazing

nasir_mazhar_aw14_005.jpg

nasir_mazhar_ss14_010.jpg

nasir_mazhar_ss14_005b.jpg

josh reim stuff is impressive. p sure the dude is still in his teens 

jacquemus (simon porte jacquemus) def deserves a mention in this thread. not necessarily 'new' but has gained a lot of attention in the past year or so & i don't think i've really seen anything bout it on sufu. 

cool clothes for careless parisian girls who spend their days standing around aimlessly, smoking cigarettes, making boys anxious etc. some of the spring '14 stuff makes me think of celine a lil bit but with a far more youthful & nonchalant approach

Screen-Shot-2013-07-08-at-7.40.22-PM-610

082113-jacquemus_04.jpg
Jacquemus-5.jpg

Edited by rafsemens

Running theme with graduate students - "Sports Luxe". Josh Reim stuff looks pretty cool though.

I'm so tired of this concept.

Feels like every new London/NYC/Tokyo brand/grad is doing their take on this.

Echoing what ProfMonnitoff said about Jan Jan Van Essche, I'm really interested in seeing his work in person.

Some of the stuff on Suspsension Point really piqued my interest, but especially with the oversized stuff, I feel like I'll have to try it in person before anything else. How is it that the only Australian stockist is in WA? Hopefully they still have some stock at RA this summer

IB69MfY.jpg

N7Z22pm.jpg

KwjGf0z.jpg

how long has yang li been going? if yl is too well-established to qualify for this thread, then i have been keeping an eye out on ava catherside, a newish london designer who had these interesting laser cut blockish unisex pieces all over lncc a while back. 

2093a15db29c614b6932e6b2690b374e.png

7ab0a3a7bb6c368ab9975a39d0c1d8fe.png

• 4 weeks later...

http://nicomedetalavera.com/

http://www.ln-cc.com/en/restofworld/mens-brands/nicomede-talavera/icat/nicomede-talavera-mens

Suprised nobody has mentioned this kid, although he is pretty ripe. Super talented + just finished his first complete collection shortly after grad'ing from central saint martins (MA). his stuff looks shit hot if I am honest.

tal0116016blk_01_large.jpg

nicomede_talavera_ss10_2-12.jpg

how have I gone to certain lengths to put accross my british'ness?

is it the word 'ripe' to explain this guy is prettttttyy new/ripe/fresh in my opinion?

sorry I didn't know that would hit a nerve.

bazar-14 (aaron tubb)

similar kinda thing 2 gosha in terms of the inspiration behind it but a lil more high fashion. actually think i prefer it to gosha stuff, seems 2 go a bit deeper w the references to russian youth culture etc (which is funny considering gosha actually is russian n bazar-14 du is from london) really interesting stuff imo. kinda like raf got a time machine n went a few thousand miles east

rsz_h600_5_8.jpg

rsz_h600_5_13.jpg
rsz_h600_5_12.jpg

http://www.aarontubb.com/

• 3 weeks later...

Taichi Murakami is pretty cool - has been producing for a few years, but seems pretty unknown - despite the list of stockists on his site, doesn't seem as though he's really stocked outside Japan, he was carried by Atelier for two seasons before their closing. I believe he was previously a patternmaker for Maurizio Amadei. Cool stuff, lot of interesting fabric treatments, would love to see it in person

hyrcqdI.png

UY0HfRx.jpg

FvQEBhP.jpg

8hQzGOy.jpg

josh reim stuff is impressive. p sure the dude is still in his teens 

jacquemus (simon porte jacquemus) def deserves a mention in this thread. not necessarily 'new' but has gained a lot of attention in the past year or so & i don't think i've really seen anything bout it on sufu. 

cool clothes for careless parisian girls who spend their days standing around aimlessly, smoking cigarettes, making boys anxious etc. some of the spring '14 stuff makes me think of celine a lil bit but with a far more youthful & nonchalant approach

Screen-Shot-2013-07-08-at-7.40.22-PM-610

082113-jacquemus_04.jpg

Jacquemus-5.jpg

Jacquemus is really good but since it's like street teen Céline the audience is severely limited.

I like Craig Green and Nicomede Talavera from London, and Jan Jan Van Essche from Belgium. No pictures for now because I'm on my phone but their work isn't hard to find.

Love JanJan but he's hardly new, no? I wear my JJ tunic a lot and it's funny how people everywhere just think it is a variation on their own ethnic dress, works in the ME but also in SE asia.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not quite sure if he is very popular here but he is somewhat established, Rad Hourani is a unisex fashion designer. Very futuristic and minimalist looking designs. His ready to wear lineup has some absolutely gorgeous offerings at prices that are fairly decent. 

He is definitely worth checking out if you have an appreciation for a darker and simpler aesthetic.