Apartment, new store in Brisbane

Ratatat

In case anyone superfuturians in Bris didn't already know, there's a new store in Elizabeth arcade called Apartment, opposite Violent Green. I went in when they opened, they had some cool stuff. Off the top of my head, they stocked: Imperial, Nudie, Earnest Sewn, Feit, Alife, Umbro by Kim Jones, some Nike street shit, as well as Alex and Chloe, and Adidas and Nike sneakers. Apparently they're getting Josh Goot and Nom D in also, but possibly only for girls? They have some other girls stuff but i didn't really bother with it.

Just a heads up.

eden? what up cuz.

yeah it's a nice little spot...great fit out.

i wonder how many brisbane people are on this site...

Bunch o' Melbournites I think (jealous much?)...

I saw a guy rocking some Imperials at Rics last night...actually, I think he's a law student with me :)

If there's a bit of a Brissie crowd, I say we all hang out some time and look down on other people's style at...I dunno, somewhere trendy...

Word the fuck up Art!

Thanks for the tip...I noticed the place before it opened, but I generally avoid Elizabeth Arcade cos it's full of Asian crap...

Suntory...another Brisbanite?

Peace,

Eden

incase you didnt know, that new store is open by some asians, therfore another asian crap in the Elizabeth Arcade for you~

To clarify succinctly:

While Elizabeth Arcade used to have a lot of really cool boutiques, a lot of the stores have been replaced by places selling low-quality, made in China (Taiwan, Thailand, etc) stuff, which I have no interest in buying.

While I have nothing but mad respect for a lot of (predominately Japanese) Asian labels, as well as a lot of Asian people, cheap mass-produced stuff does not interest me.

I would hate the clothes regardless of their origins - but, as it so happens, they are made in Asia and a lot of the stores are Asian owned. There's a lot of Australian, American, European stuff I hate too...don't worry, I'm an equal opportunity sartorial elitist! This is, however, a particular genre of stuff I don't like.

Peace,

Eden

I went in there, there was 1 chick hanging around talking to the asian shopkeeper guy, and 2 guys standing around like a posse who were probably friends of the chick. Anyway the store is small as, I couldn't really get around cause these two fools were standing around aimlessly infront of the jeans section. I figured i'd go back some other time when it wasn't so crowded. It looked nice from first impression though, and i've told a few peeps to check it out.

Eliz arcade is good for cheap stuff though, thats where i buy my earrings from cause it's dead cheap and i always losem. (And not to mention cheap jap food :P)

False Prophet... that is a very bad thing to say... i'm asian (singaporean). I feel its kinda rude for u to say things like that... Maybe thats why your people are gonna get shot down in Indonesia for drug trafficking... tsk tsk...

Lets not turn this into some political debate. 1) I'm asian. 2) I know asian friends who work in elizebeth arcade. And speaking of my friends store in particular, most of their stuff is cheap cause it comes directly from HK (but with a markup). I don't really buy anything from there apart from the odd toys and ash trays/cans/cigg holders when they do 50% sales + friends d/c ;P. Anyway i can see where false was coming from, those kinds of clothes are generally cheap streetwear you'd find sold on streets of hk - not for everyone, and to each their own. If you actually went to brisbane/qld you'de find at the CBD its FULL of asians, and you won't find friendlier folks in the rural areas of qld. Racism is so 90's man, get over it.

Yeah, spot on Suntory!! Some of my best friends are Asian, in fact. (And I was briefly in love with a Japanese girl about eight years back, but that's a story of its own)...

Just think of it this way - if I said "I hate the Antwerp Six", that would mean that I don't like the designs of Dries van Noten etc...NOT that I dislike all Belgian people.

If I said, "I hate Abercrombie and Fitch" (which is actually true), it doesn't mean that I hate all American people (just the ones that wear A&F :cool: ).

The only reasons I said "Asian junk" instead of particular brands is that I never go into the stores for any length of time so as to even know what the brands are.

Are we all friends again?

Tomorrow I'm actually gonna visit this store, so I can actually comment about the CLOTHES, even...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Is this store, and any given store in Australia in general, expensive? I'm pretty sure I'm headed to Brisbane this summer, for the first time since 1992. All I remember about my childhood is that stuff seemed on the high side down there (those first Reebok Pumps that came out that were $500AUS back in 1989, etc)... I was like 10 or 12 though, so I don't remember a lot. Should I bother shopping in Brisbane?

I went there looking for stuff for Christmas (my parents give me cash to buy my own gifts for as they are out of touch with the "younger generation"). The shop was small, although they stocked some really good gear. They guys made you feel comfortable and they don't push you into buying anything. I didn't find anything that fit me absolutely perfectly at the time but it's definitely a store I will be visiting regularly when looking for clothes in the future.