superconfessional II: the sequel

SSchadenfreude

A friend of mine just got engaged to his girlfriend. The kid is in grad school but his parents are extremely wealthy, and all his life he's been lavished with money, receiving an M3 in highschool, and just having access to capital a 35-year-old would envy.  Instead of being happy for him, or for her, I just...I don't know. I just responded with this horrible, terrible bitterness and kept talking shit about the ring (huge fuckin ring), the girl, the lifestyle...and rightfully got called out for it.

It doesn't help that I'm working my ass off at 28  and know that he's just started his program and doesn't have the cash to finance his lifestyle and it's all his parents' money that's allowing him to live this life that I've been working for these last 5 years.  I know it's jealousy, but... jesus, I didn't know I had that kind of bitterness rooted so deep in my heart. 

I moved across the country to a city I don't particularly think is all that great for school, gave up potential careers and just wasn't available for my family or friends most of the year and I feel that life is passing me by as I spend most of it studying or working.  I probably just need to talk to a shrink about this but #yolo. 

edit: and honestly I don't know why I'm telling you fucks about this, but thanks for putting up with a wall of bullshit alcohol-fueled miasma. 

she gna leave him and laugh to the bank, making u feel even worse. so u should detach ur ideas of success and happiness with money and enjoy every day friend  :)

Posted (edited) · Hidden by denimdestroyedmylife, November 25, 2014 - politcal
Hidden by denimdestroyedmylife, November 25, 2014 - politcal

I don't care if ferguson burns to the ground. you read shit like "rioting just reinforces stereotypes" and it's like, what does it matter? It's clear that black life isn't worth much if anything in the first place. Why be "civil" in a system built on a legacy of institutionalized racism that continues to degrades black lives in a cycle of discrimination, incarceration and murder? One day it's Michael Brown or the next one or our hyper-segregated cities where we ignore the trauma and PTSD and bodies and echoes of redlining and on and on...something is rotten at the core of this country.

Edited by xerrox

A friend of mine just got engaged to his girlfriend. The kid is in grad school but his parents are extremely wealthy, and all his life he's been lavished with money, receiving an M3 in highschool, and just having access to capital a 35-year-old would envy.  Instead of being happy for him, or for her, I just...I don't know. I just responded with this horrible, terrible bitterness and kept talking shit about the ring (huge fuckin ring), the girl, the lifestyle...and rightfully got called out for it.

It doesn't help that I'm working my ass off at 28  and know that he's just started his program and doesn't have the cash to finance his lifestyle and it's all his parents' money that's allowing him to live this life that I've been working for these last 5 years.  I know it's jealousy, but... jesus, I didn't know I had that kind of bitterness rooted so deep in my heart. 

I moved across the country to a city I don't particularly think is all that great for school, gave up potential careers and just wasn't available for my family or friends most of the year and I feel that life is passing me by as I spend most of it studying or working.  I probably just need to talk to a shrink about this but #yolo. 

edit: and honestly I don't know why I'm telling you fucks about this, but thanks for putting up with a wall of bullshit alcohol-fueled miasma. 

dont think youre really his friend

my stupid mom didn't call or text me on my birthday (yesterday) AGAIN (last year)

she made a stupid facebook post with some of my baby pictures and some other stupid crap, but neglected to reach out to me directly for whatever reason. so while she didn't completely forget about it, she's just incredibly selfish or socially retarded. maybe a bit of both, i dunno.

i love you woman, but goddamn, don't try to guilt trip me into doing all this bullshit family stuff if that's the way you're gonna roll. i'm a human being, i have feelings.

my stupid mom didn't call or text me on my birthday (yesterday) AGAIN (last year)

she made a stupid facebook post with some of my baby pictures and some other stupid crap, but neglected to reach out to me directly for whatever reason. so while she didn't completely forget about it, she's just incredibly selfish or socially retarded. maybe a bit of both, i dunno.

i love you woman, but goddamn, don't try to guilt trip me into doing all this bullshit family stuff if that's the way you're gonna roll. i'm a human being, i have feelings.

cross-post this to shit i hate thread – 

crazy fucking clingy families where it's groupthink and pressure to conform all the time 100% 

fuck that.

Over the past few months a friend of mine, who happened to be married and I became much closer, eventually coming to feelings and sex and all of these things. Earlier this week she told her husband about me and planned to leave him, he of course freaked out and I guess talked her out of it.

I don't know whether to feel sad that I lost not only a friend, but someone who became a lover, or be happy for her that she's continuing her marriage.

Over the past few months a friend of mine, who happened to be married and I became much closer, eventually coming to feelings and sex and all of these things. Earlier this week she told her husband about me and planned to leave him, he of course freaked out and I guess talked her out of it.

I don't know whether to feel sad that I lost not only a friend, but someone who became a lover, or be happy for her that she's continuing her marriage.

didn't your former fiancée leave you for your boss / friend?

what comes around goes around

It's ok to hate, but like OJ Simpson said - don't call him a friend if you feel resentment towards him. Having recently dealt some of my own friends who were resentful towards me, all I can say is that the hatred is obvious.

There are times that you want to think that surely nobody can have their cake and eat it as well, but the truth is some people are just blessed with everything.

lol, doesnt sound like friends to me

I see about 25 people out of 50~ who show up regularly throughout the year, and that's enough for me. A good chunk of them I've known since high school, and we've been doing this for the past 5 years. I talk to most of them on Facebook/over the phone all the time so it's not a big deal.

You still in school or something? It's hard meeting up on the reg when everybody's got their own thing going on and live 30+ min drive from each other.

Meh, fuck that guy for his having his whole life handed to him. You're building character though. Can't buy that.

i presume you're under 25 or something right? i've always disliked rollins, but he does occasionally have something intelligent to say; this video is a little corny, however the content itself is spot on. keep climbing.

edit: you actually mention how old you are...i'm an idiot. still applicable to your situation, though.

Edited by conqueror

I haven't been able to walk for more than 5 minutes at a time, drive, properly sit, sleep, stand or do anything really for the past 4 months due to being temporarily disabled. a bunch of meds and a steroid injection in my spine later and im still pretty fucked. 

Forget everything i ever complained about i just want to be able to fuckin walk, take a decent dump and do random shit again. 

havent been able to get a hair cut during all this so hopefully a fresh hairstyle comes out of this shit. Havent shaved either.