How is job market in Japan? (composer)

anomolies

I don't consider myself book smart (if by book smart you mean studying and test-taking abilities) but I have good critical thinking skills and a degree in Logistics/ supply chain management.

If you have a degree in logistics, why not apply to work for a freight forwarder or air cargo company based out of japan? The ones I can think of at the moment are: ANA Cargo, JAL Cargo, Nippon Express, Yusen Logistics, NNR Logistics, Nippon Cargo Airlines, Toyota Logistic Services, and Mitsubishi Logistics.

You can probably try other international freight forwarders and cargo airlines that have a presence in Japan. If you applied to any of those and work for an American branch for a year or two, you can probably get a transfer to their Tokyo office.

Edited by Caps Lock

Thinking about MFA programs, considering studying abroad. Japan would be in option it's contemporary scene is p cool.

Do international art-students get shit-otaku perception in japland too?

EDIT: Who am I kidding. I'll just vacay. 

Edited by harotron

Latest post from Taro made me lolz hard.

Our Galaxy: 400 billion stars
Galaxys in universe: > 170 billion 
space: 13.8 billion light years in all directions
400b x 170b = 6.8e+22 stars = 680,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
That’s nearly 0.68 septillion stars.
But there could be more than that.
multiverse?

goodnight! 

My wife wants to come home to Japan in a few years.  I was thinking of becoming a part time eigo sensei to make pocket money if we move to jland, and spend my time training jujitsu or boxing, and just traveling.  Do these eikawas hire people in their 40s? What's the pay these days?  I made some good money over the years pre lehman, and was luckily enough to sell some of my equity from the startup I worked at, so I'm not too worried about money, but having extra money to spend on Â¥30000 dinners once in a while, and travel money would be nice.

My wife wants to come home to Japan in a few years.  I was thinking of becoming a part time eigo sensei to make pocket money if we move to jland, and spend my time training jujitsu or boxing, and just traveling.  Do these eikawas hire people in their 40s? What's the pay these days?  I made some good money over the years pre lehman, and was luckily enough to sell some of my equity from the startup I worked at, so I'm not too worried about money, but having extra money to spend on Â¥30000 dinners once in a while, and travel money would be nice.

I mean you already got the rich wifey and some decent cash, why not?

Kids? If so, then you gotta put them through international school. Saint Mary's etc easily cost you 30k per year. So think about that.

I suppose the eikawa-gig would limit your initial group of friends but I suppose you hustle and get good w/ some real movers/shakers.

Latest post from Taro made me lolz hard.

Yeah. I was totally like WTF?! Maybe he should go by his American name to get more street cred.

Thinking about MFA programs, considering studying abroad. Japan would be in option it's contemporary scene is p cool.

Do international art-students get shit-otaku perception in japland too?

EDIT: Who am I kidding. I'll just vacay. 

I don't think so. Dunno much about graduate art degrees in JPN. Unless you can do something at Tokyo Geidai, it's not gonna be that great. You can also go to Yoyogi Animation Gakuin and learn how to make anime (10).

also i love how much you guys troll taro

we love taro!

BTW, does anybody know if you can get discounts / reductions on initiation fee for Roppongi Hills Club?

Here is what it says on the site:

Membership - Individual Member

Period - Lifetime

Qualification - Individual

Initiation Fee - Â¥1,260,000

Initiation Deposit - ¥500,000

Annual Dues - ¥189,000

But I heard if you live in a Mori-residence then its like 20k per month/something cheaper?

Edited by djrajio

I mean you already got the rich wifey and some decent cash, why not?

Kids? If so, then you gotta put them through international school. Saint Mary's etc easily cost you 30k per year. So think about that.

I suppose the eikawa-gig would limit your initial group of friends but I suppose you hustle and get good w/ some real movers/shakers.

No kids yet, but I was surprised how cheap international schools in Tokyo were, well cheap compared to NYC private.  Pre-K at the school across from me starts at 38K USD, and thats not including trip fees, pta fees,etc.  My wife's friend has kids at some international school with Hard Gay's kid, i think it was cheaper than 30K.  But yeah if I can avoid paying 30k a year I would.

Good point about the initial group of friends.  Maybe I should work as a barista.

Edited by DaBestSpoona

you could probably make more by just doing private lessons and / or test prep for toefl and things like that. worked at an eikawa when i took a gap year pre-college and the coworkers where the creepiest / saddest individuals i have ever meet. 

you might also be able to do consulting work for tech / internet company (you work in IT right?). heard some (anecdotal) evidence that internet firms were becoming more "international" and were quite keen to recruit people with US experience.  both Rakuten and Softbank heavily recruited at my bschool and japanese language ability wasn't even a requirement 

0LOSWGI.jpg

Gomenasai, my name is Ken-Sama.

I’m a 27 year old American Otaku (Anime fan for you gaijins). I draw Anime and Manga on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior Japanese games. (Disgaea, Final Fantasy, Persona series)

I train with my Katana every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is folded over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my sword license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Japanese fluently, both Kanji and the Osaka dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Japanese history and their bushido code, which I follow 100%

When I get my Japanese visa, I am moving to Tokyo to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an animator for Studio Ghibli or a game designer!

I own several kimonos, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Japan, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my elders and seniors and speak Japanese as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in Japan!