kojiro

Visvim F/W14

pretty sure they don't but I don't have mine handy right this sec.

It was also a deal breaker for me but I pulled the trigger anyway, still disappointed tho

I've been after an Elmendorf for a while now, the only ones I can afford and are immediately available to me are from like 4 or 5 years ago (When they still used S,M,L sizing instead of 1,2,3), however I'm curious if they slimmed down the fit over the years or if the fit has remained the same??

Went to a few visvim spots today, hankyu is having a 5% sale for foreigner + 7% tax free.

Saw a Caucasian dude in full visvim gear today at FIL, was it any of you guys lol.

to those who own the bifold wallet, what is the extra leather that extends behind the pocket? does it help the coin pocket expand? or is it another slit?

10413028_2138127_1000.jpg

I saw some of the fbt shaman JP from this season which are now made in China. I wasnt gonna pick one up since I own the previous made in Japan one, but I did notice the leather straps aren't cut as sharp and as immaculate as the MIJ ones. They are kinda boxy and blunt on the tips of the leather laces. Seems like visvims are trying to make more and outsource to a much bigger and cheaper like China.

Anyone handle this season's lieutenant matoi?  On the fence if I should get one...

they are pretty bad / overrated imo. a weak jacket. if you want something wool get the commodore

That was probably me at Hankyu...

I was on the fence over the new lieutenant myself. Tried it on in size 2 and 3. Didn't really work in my opinion. Not a fan of the fit or button closure. You can't have the lapels hang down like a standard pea coat, it looks weird. The most natural way is to have it fully buttoned, which also looks weird. Also, the sleeves flare out on the end which I also wasn't into. Material is nice enough, but not for the price. I was looking for a winter pea coat, and I ended up going for the current model from John Undercover which fits great, great material, nice and warm and half the price of the Visvim model.

I agree that the commodore is much better, and also usually has windstopper. I don't think they released one this season though.

I think aw14 is now done, so it's the spot pieces and then waiting around til ss15 drops.

Thanks guys.  Stad, I also ended up grabbing the JohnUC peacoat a few days ago!

Edited by Flesh

The lieutenant peacoat looks very good actually and is goretex lined

Have to beg to differ. You may be thinking of earlier versions. No goretex on the newer iterations. I do agree the goretex lined ones did look better and I liked the zips.

yes I was thinking the previous version, I didn't know they released it for FW14

That was probably me at Hankyu...

I was on the fence over the new lieutenant myself. Tried it on in size 2 and 3. Didn't really work in my opinion. Not a fan of the fit or button closure. You can't have the lapels hang down like a standard pea coat, it looks weird. The most natural way is to have it fully buttoned, which also looks weird. Also, the sleeves flare out on the end which I also wasn't into. Material is nice enough, but not for the price. I was looking for a winter pea coat, and I ended up going for the current model from John Undercover which fits great, great material, nice and warm and half the price of the Visvim model.

I agree that the commodore is much better, and also usually has windstopper. I don't think they released one this season though.

I think aw14 is now done, so it's the spot pieces and then waiting around til ss15 drops.

Didn't see anyone at hankyu. Was kinda empty since I went there during weekdays. I was talking bout FIL in omotesando.

Yeah, I went to WTAPS, Neighborhood and they had pretty solid pieces at bout half or a third of the price that visvim are asking for. Too bad I splurged my budget in the first few days on visvims instead of checking out those other stores.

Can someone explain why the LCC Shop Coat is so (relatively) cheap on the webstore?  I get that it's made from different materials and all, but I feel like it could easily be priced way higher than it is.

construction is simple, materials basic, completely unlined and lightweight

Japanese retail is 52,000 yen. How much is it outside of Japan? The material is 100% linen, which is not the cheapest of textiles. The price seems to be in line with Visvim pricing in general to me.

The US price on the webstore is $510, which is crazy to me because some of the shirts are more expensive than it.

With the Mies being $1545/82,000 yen, you'd imagine that the LCC coat would be about $980...

I was pretty surprised at the web store price as well.. so much that I bought the last one (and an lcc tee). But it looks like they just restocked the tee and coat again if anyone was trying to grab one

I stopped by Tokyo for the first time and finally got to go into the Visvim store! Lots of great stuff in there, lots of Natural Dyed items, and quite a thrill being able to shop at jp retail for the first time (Considering I live in LA and pay premium prices, it was like everything was on sale haha). Anyways, I picked up these items and got to try the hand-crocheted jacket on:

P1020611_edited_zps1b0e610a.jpg

IMG_7901_edited_zpsb3253b96.jpg