Visvim F/W14

kojiro

I stopped by Tokyo for the first time and finally got to go into the Visvim store! Lots of great stuff in there, lots of Natural Dyed items, and quite a thrill being able to shop at jp retail for the first time (Considering I live in LA and pay premium prices, it was like everything was on sale haha). Anyways, I picked up these items and got to try the hand-crocheted jacket on:P1020611_edited_zps1b0e610a.jpgIMG_7901_edited_zpsb3253b96.jpg

You shoulda just note down the items you want, go to hankyu visvim and have them transport the stuffs there to enjoy the additional 5% discount on top of the 7-8% tax free for foreigners.

Got the new ISDT-FOLK boots, one of the best build quality feels i've seen from any of Visvim's footwear.  Turned the things inside out and absolutely nowhere is there a "Made in..." tag.  

2015-01-01170540.jpg

2015-01-01170602.jpg

It's prolly made in China. And its usually stamped vaguely near the size stamp. I noticed it when I saw the made in China FBTs.

Kinda looks like Clarks desert boots but chunkier. Personally I think the gornergrat model is a better option for the current selection of footwear. Soles are replaceable too.

I'm through with buying 800ish shoes that doesn't have replaceable outsoles. I beat the shit out of my FBT lhamos during my 1 week trip in Tokyo wearing it everyday and soles are thinning out already.

Edited by ken shinoda

It's prolly made in China. And its usually stamped vaguely near the size stamp. I noticed it when I saw the made in China FBTs.

Kinda looks like Clarks desert boots but chunkier. Personally I think the gornergrat model is a better option for the current selection of footwear. Soles are replaceable too.

I'm through with buying 800ish shoes that doesn't have replaceable outsoles. I beat the shit out of my FBT lhamos during my 1 week trip in Tokyo wearing it everyday and soles are thinning out already.

Nope, the stamp isn't there.  I own a few other Folk boots and the tag is hidden deeper down the tongue but it's nowhere to be found on these.

I have a question for the peeps in here. Recently I had a business trip to China and wore my Brigadier boots, the light brown leather one from 14 F/W. Someone spilled peanut soup on one of my boots, I cleaned up as much as I can while I was there. It's been quite some time since I came back and the stain is still visible on it. I googled for solutions and tried wetting that part up and pouring talcum powder on it but it didn't work. Anyone here have any suggestions? The darkened part of the shoe in the photo below is the stain. It is a lot more visible in real life.

DSC_0178_zpsa7b58823.jpg

Anybody had problems taking delivery of Visvim items with snakeskin? EMS Japan returned my package to sender saying that it's a prohibited item due to flammability, but I've taken delivery of snakeskin before both on Vis and Sugar Cane items. Snakeskin nor any kind of leather is listed as prohibited on EMS Japan's website.

From what I understand, and I a no expert on this or anything, Visvim actually didn't export the fluxus jeans with snakeskin patches (at least to the US) for this reason. Were you getting an official visvim order when it was rejected? I would imagine you shouldn't have problems if it is a proxy or reseller if they don't declare it has snakeskin.

I'm not sure if you're in the US or somewhere else, but US customs for example does not allow the importation of certain snake skin products. If the package was labeled as containing snake skin and wasn't specific that may also cause problems if the customs officer feels like being strict.

Shit. I wonder how Kiya gets around that for the Okinawas.

You can get certificates from the manufacturer which are held by your importing agent which state that the snakes were not killed for their skins.

does anyone know where is the Visvim Brigadier boots made, and how is the quality?

I'm not sure about where the Brigadier boots are made but I have a pair of the 2013 patrician boots.  They were made in China.  The materials, construction and workmanship is great.  I work in the footwear industry and feel the overall quality found on Visvim footwear is good.  I own three pairs of Serra boots, two pairs of FBT's, the Patrician boots and a couple pairs of Skagway sneakers and have not seen any quality issues far.  Good and poor quality footwear can be made anywhere.  It really comes down to the individual factory and the mentality of the factory owners.  You could also try calling Concepts in Boston.  I believe they carry the Brigadier.  I'm sure they could check the box or boot for the country of origin.  Hope this helps.

does anyone know where is the Visvim Brigadier boots made, and how is the quality?

China.

Quality is alright, I guess. Though I think the fabric material in between the heels are kinda fragile looking. Haven't worn them yet, but from what I read they aren't as comfortable as the Vibram soled Virgils.

Im sorta curious on how the Willys boots feel like. Kinda like a more expensive version of timberland yellow boots.

On the other hand, I managed to get a feel on the ICT Grizzly last Dec, feels very sturdy and well built, even though I didn't try it on.