Visvim F/W14

kojiro

• 2 weeks later...

Lugli has been done in several different fabrics already. Aside from the ICT corduroy version, to my knowledge they've done cotton/linen herringbone and corduroy last summer, and damaged chino (cotton) and indigo check so far this season. ICT version retailed around 80,000 yen. The cotton and cotton/linen are around 42,000 at retail, and the corduroy and indigo check are 48,000 or so.

If you can find it, my favorite iteration has been the corduroy non-ICT version from last summer. As the ft is slim on the Lugli, I'd recommend sizing up one for it.

If you're in the Bay Area... Various Visvim models of footwear are available at over 50% off in various sizes at the Sak's Fifth Avenue outlet store at the Great Mall.   I'm assuming it's stock bought from Bergdorff..

damn I need to go on sufu more often. I'm guessing its picked clean?

Lugli has been done in several different fabrics already. Aside from the ICT corduroy version, to my knowledge they've done cotton/linen herringbone and corduroy last summer, and damaged chino (cotton) and indigo check so far this season. ICT version retailed around 80,000 yen. The cotton and cotton/linen are around 42,000 at retail, and the corduroy and indigo check are 48,000 or so.

If you can find it, my favorite iteration has been the corduroy non-ICT version from last summer. As the ft is slim on the Lugli, I'd recommend sizing up one for it.

Would you recommend the herringbone ver of last SS, or the chino one of this FW? I'm looking for a varsatile piece that can be layered during winter, but also thin and breathable enough to be used on summer nights.

I dunno bout sizing up... After owning a few visvim pieces, it's safe to assume that they are cut larger than the usual Japanese brands. I can fit into size 2 FW Kilgore Jacket, which is supposedly a smaller and slimmer cut? I checked measurements in visvim site, and chest of size 2 sounds bout right.

But then again, I'll wait for others to chime in before getting the size. Thanks for the info btw

The herringbone and chino versions are both pretty lightweight. Last summer's herringbone was done in 50/50 cotton/linen as well as 65/35. This season's are 100% cotton and presumably heavier. There are also some minor cosmetic differences between the two, where this season's chino uses different buttons going down the front, while last season's herringbone had the same disparate button pattern as well as a solid button pattern depending on the fabric composition. Oh and there's a leather one this season too.

That said, I've handled this season's versions and was pretty unimpressed with the chino fabric. It didn't feel to me like it worked in that composition, but that's just a personal opinion. If you're going for a winter layering piece, the chino or indigo check are probably the best way to go.

For sizing I seem to be between a 2 and a 3 for some reason. I am a solid 2 in most shirts and pants but tend to prefer outerwear in a 3. I have the kilgore in a 2 and it fits just a bit too snug for me. So if you're comfortable in a kilgore 2, the lugli in 2 may work although it will be slim. Also note the sleeve length and back length are both a bit short.

The herringbone and chino versions are both pretty lightweight. Last summer's herringbone was done in 50/50 cotton/linen as well as 65/35. This season's are 100% cotton and presumably heavier. There are also some minor cosmetic differences between the two, where this season's chino uses different buttons going down the front, while last season's herringbone had the same disparate button pattern as well as a solid button pattern depending on the fabric composition. Oh and there's a leather one this season too.

That said, I've handled this season's versions and was pretty unimpressed with the chino fabric. It didn't feel to me like it worked in that composition, but that's just a personal opinion. If you're going for a winter layering piece, the chino or indigo check are probably the best way to go.

For sizing I seem to be between a 2 and a 3 for some reason. I am a solid 2 in most shirts and pants but tend to prefer outerwear in a 3. I have the kilgore in a 2 and it fits just a bit too snug for me. So if you're comfortable in a kilgore 2, the lugli in 2 may work although it will be slim. Also note the sleeve length and back length are both a bit short.

If they are using the same chino material they've used on the Kilgore, then I agree. It just doesn't work on this model. I think the linen one would work best

Yeah, the size 2 fit snugly on me as well. And the sleeves are a tad too short, but that's how it looks on HN, so I assume that's the look they are trying to go for? Most of their outer wear seems to have short sleeves, and in their look book, the inner shirt sleeves are folded inside out.

Depends on how you measure i guess. i just measured the straight line from the end of my left chest to the end of my right. the full circle would 93cm

way late on this but I have that exact piece in sz 1.  if that 93cm is at your widest (about an inch above nipples) it's not going to work for you.  that said you'd probably need a sz 3 so perhaps you should double check?

Anybody have experience with the Laminara backpacks from 2010 or so? Baked nylon. Just wondering if they are prone to the same problems as some of the Lamina corduroys and whatnot in regards to the padding ripping. I have a corduroy lamina 8L and there are no problems there, but it doesn't carry heavy weight so I wouldn't expect it to.

Anybody have experience with the Laminara backpacks from 2010 or so? Baked nylon. Just wondering if they are prone to the same problems as some of the Lamina corduroys and whatnot in regards to the padding ripping. I have a corduroy lamina 8L and there are no problems there, but it doesn't carry heavy weight so I wouldn't expect it to.

Yeah, my bud has the black baked nylon 20L backpack with kudu and has had to have the straps repaired MULTIPLE times (he got them repaired at a FIL in Shibuya).  

I usually go by height for visvim rather than weight. You can only wear if you're thin so accommodating for bigger bodies is kinda a null point (body length will be off, sleeves too long, etc):

5'4"-5'7" usually size 1, 23"-23.5" sleeve

5'7"-5'9" usually size 2, 24" sleeve

5'10"-6'1" usually size 3, 25" sleeve

6'2"+ size 4, 26" sleeve 

I'd include p2p measurements but that varies based on intended fit. Tunics for example are like 22" p2p which is very big for size 3, but its the nature of the silhouette. Same for the hendee, etc. 

So if im 5'11 and looking at buying the dot tunic shirt I should go for a size 2 even if i'm a size 3 in lhamos?

What is the damage on the duty charges to the US from the online store? Do they ship from US or no? 

Your help is much appreciated. 

They ship from Japan and declare full value, so it all depends on your luck.