Visvim F/W14

kojiro

Hey guys. Don't know if this has been spoken of and sorry to rehash on it if it has but are there gonna be a distressed version of the Brigadier boots like the one in the lookbook or just the plain suede ones up for preorder on some of the sites? Also, what's the leather on the nonsuede ones? Black and Burgundy ones look especially nice from the pictures (shit, they all look nice).

Edited by Theloniouskase21

General question to those that own the Decoy Alu-Folk: do you actually wear them in crappy weather? If so, how do they hold up?

wore mine all winter (literally), especially in crappy weather. this was after a snow storm. they hold up perfectly and aren't delicate boots and they look better with use. kept my feet dry and as long as i had good socks, my feet were warm too. i actually preferred these to my tried and true gore-tex bean boots.

1171028_498268510284408_375787472_n.jpg

Stupid question, but I was looking to buy a pair of the Brigadiers I think from AW13 and was wondering if they hold up in the winter weather.  I generally try to avoid wearing any kind of suede footwear during winter (Canadian winter so a decent amount of snow).  

visvim-brigadier-boots-mid-folk-2.jpg

I passed by FIL today and tried the deckhand : as usual size up one. I was quite disappointed with the fit : it is more boxy and shorter than previous versions (the fabric is giza cotton which is too soft and affects the fit, plus it adds 20k yens to the price tag : unnecessary really). The mies goretex is really disappointing as well compared to the last year version. However the gore kerchief is super nice (the lning is made of a loose and slubby woven fabric, real nice if you like the allover print of course).

PS : the brigadier high look much better in the flesh

Edited by emixam