Visvim F/W14

kojiro

I have a question... I wear size 10 for Virgils (although my true size is 9.5 but the body of Virgils is too thing for me so I had to up 0.5 size). I am planning to get a pair of Brigadier Boots, I heard from some people to stay the same to my Virgil sizing. Should I just get same to my Virgil sizing or get my true size? Also, I heard that the leather and suede versions have differences in size as well?

01 slim is more like levis 1947 501 but with taper like a 1954 501z. 04 is more like levis 511 but with a higher rise. Usually 04 cut requires sizing up, but 01 slim is true to size. 

Edited by Fycus

I have a question... I wear size 10 for Virgils (although my true size is 9.5 but the body of Virgils is too thing for me so I had to up 0.5 size). I am planning to get a pair of Brigadier Boots, I heard from some people to stay the same to my Virgil sizing. Should I just get same to my Virgil sizing or get my true size? Also, I heard that the leather and suede versions have differences in size as well?

I'm generally a US10.5, but I have a wide foot and high instep.  It sounds like you may be in a similar position.

Since US10.5 seems to be nearly impossible to find, I've had to read message boards (here and at FUK) to make an informed decision.  I've successfully sized DOWN to a US10 in the '73-Folk and Grizzly and UP to a US11 in the Virgil, Armiger, and Brigadier.

My Brigadiers are the 14AW in Navy (black sole), and they seem to fit exactly the same as my Virgils, even accounting for the more supple leather (my Virgils are Bison).

This has been my experience.  I hope it's helpful to you.

I'm generally a US10.5, but I have a wide foot and high instep.  It sounds like you may be in a similar position.

Since US10.5 seems to be nearly impossible to find, I've had to read message boards (here and at FUK) to make an informed decision.  I've successfully sized DOWN to a US10 in the '73-Folk and Grizzly and UP to a US11 in the Virgil, Armiger, and Brigadier.

My Brigadiers are the 14AW in Navy (black sole), and they seem to fit exactly the same as my Virgils, even accounting for the more supple leather (my Virgils are Bison).

This has been my experience.  I hope it's helpful to you.

Thanks for the help! My patrician is size 9.5 and I'm size 9 for Grizzly as well. So it seems that I would need a size 10 for Brigadier.

I had the 01 slims in the unwashed indigo and they're nowhere near the 04's.  More like 03 but without the taper and a longer rise.  Had to send them off to get altered in the end.

i second this. I own both and found the 01 slims to be on a different planet fit wise as the 04's.  bigger/wider in every way possible except maybe the waist