Stationery: pens, pencils, notebooks,etc.

Vitamian

damn. those are nice, too

curious, do you collect these pens? or do you use all of them? you infrequently correspond, you admitted; does your work require much handwriting?

and do you refurbish them yourself?

the pens are elegant objects; that is enough reason to accumulate them, i guess.

No, I don't collect the pens; I use them all.

I frequently use pens for my daily life, such as writing notes, missives, and various other things that would require handwriting.

Restoration is beyond me, but most of the things I buy are already restored so I've never ran across that problem. Nibs, however, are a different beast since there are a few speciality grinders out there.

I can really only write with a fountain pen or perhaps a pencil, a wooden one.

• 5 weeks later...

was thinking of getting a pda for ages (2 years?!)

then a pda-phone

then a pda-phone-media player-slim camera thing

but instead got an organiser instead.

P1170443-1.jpg

this wont run out of battery or need a software update.

for long journeys, get a newspaper and a magazine (monacle is edging my usual reads, arena and wallpaper) and pop the shures in.

• 2 years later...
i use a lamy safari w/ a fine nib

i like the darth vaderish feel

using lamy blue ink now

waiting on noodler's zhivago ink to arrive (a very dark green ink)

madmen use green ink, no?

i'm new

safaricharcoalfpal5.jpg

wish list: shaeffer balance oversize------black

ya i fuck with this too

several noodlers inks

I've used one of these for a few years now: http://www.pilotpen-store.com/product_detail.asp?T1=NAM%2060242

Lose some of the flash of a pen with a large nib, but it's really practical. Almost too practical. I've carried it around school and thrown it in bags and shit so much the outside is getting really banged up. But the nib is still in good working order. It's always written very well, too.

• 3 weeks later...

i dug this out when I went home last week. Need to send it back as the nib is clogged, but was a going away gift from my old boss.

3914865918_af78e7c03f.jpg

they got it engraved for me too

3914866336_cf95d217ee.jpg

and a quick phonecall to an old friend brought this out to me today

3914864726_9764d02975.jpg

3914080175_5b0e6f5a82.jpg

it's a select tip, meaning i can swap the gel ink with ball point later if i feel like it...great gift.

^ Yessss, I have that Cross pen in the Chrome finish, the gel ink is such smooth writing. I just wish it had a clip on the lid.

I have been using Parker fountain pens since I was about 6, I so need to try out these Lamy Safari's and see what's up.

What about paper? What is everyone using - likes...dislikes? For me, I was on the Moleskine bandwagon for a while, but the paper is a touch to thin for my liking. I hate seeing my ink through the page when I turn over. I'm all about the Muji notepads now, the paper is thicker and the nib slides across it oh so easily.

^ Yessss, I have that Cross pen in the Chrome finish, the gel ink is such smooth writing. I just wish it had a clip on the lid.

I have been using Parker fountain pens since I was about 6, I so need to try out these Lamy Safari's and see what's up.

What about paper? What is everyone using - likes...dislikes? For me, I was on the Moleskine bandwagon for a while, but the paper is a touch to thin for my liking. I hate seeing my ink through the page when I turn over. I'm all about the Muji notepads now, the paper is thicker and the nib slides across it oh so easily.

nice, they just discountinued the verve model, so we're lucky owners.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

photo.jpg

Moleskine

Rotring 600 0.7mm Pencil

Rotring 600 Lava Ballpoint

moleskins are shite.  but since it looks like you dont use fountain pens you get a pass.  I have the same lava and 600!

what i have on me right now

9346b87b-28f7-4c3d-bd1d-fa47b21f63b1.jpg

kokuyo campus notebook

ink is pilot iroshizuku kujaku

rotring lava 0.5mm

rotring 600 0.5mm

rotring rapid pro ballpoint

lamy safari

tombow mono (rip sakura sj100)

i carry these in saki roll cases

9c5eb295-8ce3-400c-90e9-34a0509f88aa.jpg

If you find the G2 .5 too inky I'd suggest getting something that's not a gel pen. I've got one at work and don't find it to be that inky personally. It seems to dry very quickly.

A few months ago I told my assistant very specifically to order me some Pilot G2 .5s and she ordered the 1.0s. They were terrible and I had to give them all away. I prefer the B2P to the G2 as well although the ink cartridge is the same as the G2.

If you find the G2 .5 too inky I'd suggest getting something that's not a gel pen. I've got one at work and don't find it to be that inky personally. It seems to dry very quickly.

A few months ago I told my assistant very specifically to order me some Pilot G2 .5s and she ordered the 1.0s. They were terrible and I had to give them all away. I prefer the B2P to the G2 as well although the ink cartridge is the same as the G2.

It dries pretty quickly but I still find myself accidentally smearing it occasionally, sometimes when I go between pages too quickly. I may have only used crappy non gel pens but I can't stand getting the ink going when I first start writing. Maybe it's just a symptom of bad pens as I said.

My advice to you would be to just experiment with new pens - there are plenty of solid writing options out there for less than $20. If you write a lot it is absolutely worth it to write with a nice writing implement.

Here are a few recommendations for you to look at:

Lamy Tipo rollerball:

tipo-silver_large.png?v=1372101194

Caran d'Ache ballpoint:

Caran-DAche-Silver-Metal-Ballpoint-Pen-G

Lamy Safari Ballpoint:

charcoal-BP-S-R-01.jpg

Fisher Space Pen:

30112.jpg

• 3 weeks later...