Sign in to follow this  
sufu1

BUG 006 – PAGE FREEZE

reported page freeze with current skype ad campaign...

have tested on SAFARI and CHROME and cannot reproduce issue.

need more feedback...

let us know what browser. version. desktop or mobile.

could be you're browser is using an old version of flash and that is screwing things.

web traffic is busy today so suspect this is only an issue for minority of users...

thanks

I actually filed this report. I'm using Chrome, version 32.0.1700.76, which is at least one version out of date. Flash is 12.0.0. I've had some struggles with flash on other websites, like Vimeo inconsistently displaying a black screen, that I haven't properly fixed. The nature of the problem here is that, when the Skype ad was present, the frames for the board itself wouldn't load, I still have the other frames such as the bar for forums, members, calender etc. My fix so far has been to simply block the ad.

At least one other person is experiencing this and they ended up blocking the ad to fix it as well. Do you need screenshots?

Safari 7.0.1
Chrome 32.0.1700.107

Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.1

Flash 11.9.900.117

It was happening to me this morning but have not been able to get any Skype ads tonight.

Safari and chrome on iPad. Can't see anything whenever the skype project ad loads.

seems the problem was code within the 600x300 ads - which was supposedly fixed - but still screwed things up. these have been disabled again so there should no longer be any issues now [and over past 24 hours]. if you are still experiencing problems then please report them here!! thanks