John Bull / Sewing Chop

jubei

These pictures came out a little better. Size 30 SC002 after 1 hot soak, 2 chainstitchs, and 1 week of wear.

hey wild style, those look pretty good...especially with the cuff! how much did you size up / down from your true waist size? from the measurements of the sc003's, i'm guessing you sized down by 2 for the sc002s. also, would you happen to know the leg opening? i'm guessing about 8" (a little bit bigger than the sc003s)??

Thanks GoodHustle! You are right, the leg opening is a tiny bit under 8". I wear a size 29" in APC NS, but I have pretty big legs. I also wear a size 32 in Levis 501. Right again, sized down about 2 sizes, haha. Nice guesses!

i wear a 28 in APCs and they're slightly loose on me after a month of wear (no wash). for the SC002 in 30 how do they fit in the waist compared to your APCs? looser or tighter? im curious as to what i should get if i pick up a pair of these.

i went by Blue in Green today to try the 002s on. I have a pair of APC NS (actually wore them there) and these are a bit bigger through the leg. the hem is maybe an inch larger? the guy there said the 003s (John Bull's slimmer version) were closer to NS in fit. The denim, however, was very nice (and they are selvage).

• 3 weeks later...

has anyone purchased the SC008 yet? Ive been looking at them as an option for a slim fit dark washed jean, but Id like to hear a few opinions.

here is the link to them on BiG:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2093&category_id=&manufacturer_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Can anyone tell me if the JohnBull SC002's are antifit? The measurements on BIG seem to indicate that they would be with backrise of 16 and upper thigh of 12.75 inches. I'm currently selling my 1947 sugarcanes because of the anti-fit and dont want to make that mistake again. Any pics of people wearing it would be great. Thanks for any help...

Can anyone tell me how much the SC001s shrink in the waist? I normally wear a 32, and BIG has the waist measurement of the 32 as 36 before shrinkage. It seems unlikely that it would shrink 4 inches in the waist, so should I size down to a 30?

Hi Erbs, I received the SC001 from BIG last week, size 34. It took one warm plus two steaming hot soaks to get a good fit. Measurements before: W 36", Ins. 35, front rise 12. After soaks plus air dry: W 35 3/4", Ins. 32 7/8, rise 10. Although the waist still measures large, the jeans fit me well--very confortable, slightly loose in the seat. I normally wear a 34 in Sugarcane and Samurai, these fit me tighter than the JB. Bottom line--when you try these on you are seeing what you will get in the waist measurements, though the rise and length will definitely shrink to fit. Sorry my camera is headed for the shop and I can't post pics. I do like the jeans very much. Good luck.

Hi Mizanation, Yes, I had received the measurements from Gordon at BIG but when I measured the jeans I got 36 instead of 38 for the "34". Indeed fit was a 36 when tried on raw. I didn't expect the waist to shrink alot but was glad to see the rise did--they were way baggy at first, too much material at the crotch. This is the first pair of Japanese denim I've soaked 3X to get to shrink-to-fit. Nice now, though.

So people on here said that the waist didn't shrink much after they soaked the jeans. Well a couple of days ago I soaked my sc002 and the waist shrunk to tag size. Bought a size 28, and it measure 31 before soak. After a warm water soak for an hour and about 10 hours of hang-drying, it shrank to 28. They are pretty tight on me now, and have been wearing the for a couple of hours. I think they are now around 29... It'll probably stretch some more over the next couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
just curious as to what the one wash will do to wear and how they will fade compared to the unwashed. any difference? also the fit, im not sure how to size, i wear a 32x32 in most everything. thanks in advance

no difference. you would have to soak an unwashed pair anyway, as they are shrink-to-fit. so yeah, no difference. a very common misconception on this forum.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...