Nudies: Selvage vs non-selvage

Tenchi

Id say the dukes are pretty slim if you get your actual size and not size up or anything. I think they have been described as something inbetween jims and kims. although they are straight and have no taper so they can end up looking like a bootcut if you wear them low enough.

I have a pair of dukes and had a pair of RRDS a couple of years ago. IMO the denim used in each is almost identical (might even been from the same mill). Nudie's constuction is good, but the dukes are slightly better. They are a very solid pair of jeans.

As far as the fit of the duke, I'm a pretty slim guy. I got mine reasonably tight in the waist (now stretched out a bit, but I don't need a belt), and they fit slim, but definitely not skinny like a pair of super-slim kims or lee supatubes. They're roughly like a slim jim. And yeah they look better when you taper them in a little bit (otherwise they fall like a bootcut IMO). Hope this helps.