SuperDepressed (support community)

dovo

winter is here! be sure to get your fish oil with vitamin D supplements! :0)

If canned tuna sprinkled with liquid vitamin d isn't the source of happiness, I don't know what is

Carlson-Super-D-Omega-3-Lemon-0883950140

0081483201052_500X500.jpg

also regular ingestion of b12 vitamins + other b vitamin complexes + green tea + ginger products / teas + waking up early + occasional prison workouts

it's a big routine but ive been doing very well

Edited by Dr. Dog

Met up some friends who went to an event held by the accrediting body for my profession.

Apparently one of the main take away messages was something along the lines of "opening up opportunities in other fields for our profession" and "diversifying skills to improve employability"

Translation: I've spent about 6 years and counting now studying for a profession that might be super saturated by the time I graduate next year, + the very real possibility of there being 0 opportunities. 

I guess on the bright side my bachelor's degree is fairly useful and I can use that independently for work, but not exactly the road I want to go down.

On another note, I gotta work on how I feel about my oneitis. It's pretty toxic. At one point I'm happy and fine then I see hints of her with her ex/presumably current bf which brings me to a bad place, weird cz I thought I was over this but apparently not. Doesn't help that we didn't really address a lot of things the last time, and currently doing this awkward friendship thing where we both try to be casual about it. Just cutting off everything is not an option, and I don't plan to run away from this.

In the meantime trying to occupy my mind with other things like gym which is sort of therapeutic. Copped a few things this month too but gotta watch out for that brief gratification and focus on the real issues here + work on myself more

Sorry for the ramblings, just wanted to write it down I guess. /blog

• 2 weeks later...

At one point I'm happy and fine then I see hints of her with her ex/presumably current bf which brings me to a bad place, weird cz I thought I was over this but apparently not. Doesn't help that we didn't really address a lot of things the last time, and currently doing this awkward friendship thing where we both try to be casual about it. Just cutting off everything is not an option, and I don't plan to run away from this.

definitely feel you on this. 

On another note, I gotta work on how I feel about my oneitis. It's pretty toxic. At one point I'm happy and fine then I see hints of her with her ex/presumably current bf which brings me to a bad place, weird cz I thought I was over this but apparently not. Doesn't help that we didn't really address a lot of things the last time, and currently doing this awkward friendship thing where we both try to be casual about it. Just cutting off everything is not an option, and I don't plan to run away from this.

In the meantime trying to occupy my mind with other things like gym which is sort of therapeutic. Copped a few things this month too but gotta watch out for that brief gratification and focus on the real issues here + work on myself more

Yoo I feel man. Got broken up with for a combo of reasons but I think the main reason was my lack of ambition. So I've been studying like crazy and joining clubs/volunteering, working out and eating healthier, applying for mass quantities of jobs/internships, trying to be nicer to people, you name it. Not sure if I'm doing all that in spite of her or for myself either. Probably a bit of both tbh. She claimed she just needed to learn how to be alone and I got the "not now but not never" speech but I'm 95% sure she got back with her ex within a couple weeks. Definitely suffering from that oneitis though despite all that, and the trickle of things I do see from her get me pretty down. Also I've seen some of her friends just around and none of them even acknowledge me. So fun times abound.

my anxiety comes & goes, i think its important to be quite critical of yourself and what you're doing+ how u think. i pretty much eradicated self pity by doing this cause it can get pretty out of hand and can make u pretty bleak. 

some things i like to do to keep it at bay:

just got back into gym properly with free time and more money for food, really helps if anyone is down and isnt exercising regularly u gota do it

regularly go out and see music you enjoy or see friends that dont leech off u

cook all  ur own meals - been ages since i bought take away anything and feels great

try talking to people, i have a rule when i go out i gota talk to someone i dont know, girl or guy, its not about picking up or anything just genuine connection and interest.

i like to take breaks from trying to see new girls but if chasing them makes u happy then do that :P

one other thing substances only ever exacerbated my depression, be strong friends stay clean 

hope everyone is enjoying some time off or break  :)  :D

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone have experience with AA or similar? I'm starting to realize I do everything in excess and don't want to hurt myself or those around me. On one hand I always feel like I can regain control of my life on my own, but on the other I always slip up and spiral down months later. It's a really tiring cycle and I think some outside support could be helpful. I just always feel embarrassed admitting to myself I don't have my shit under control and reaching out for help.  

^hey man. i don't have any of that experience but a few years ago i realized i got high too often (in excess would be one way to put it) and initially felt that same kind of embarrassment, if only because i'd always believed myself to be very collected and capable of reeling myself in. i think the first step is to get over that feeling by realizing we as people are inevitably going to do shit that we don't like, and that every error is only shameful for one who forgets there's always lessons to be learned, etc. (not saying you don't already know this, tho. just something i feel is important to touch on)

maybe your use of substance/s has a binge-y nature? if you're running on cold turkey or taking far less of whatever it is we're talking about here than you're used to then maybe you subconsciously compensate for it when the opportunity presents itself. if so, try to make it a more consistent thing when it seems like you can wedge it into your time, but gradually wean yourself off it until you're really confident you have a firm grip on it? that's what i did; personally, and it helped. 

whatever the case KK i support you. hang in there bruh. it's nothing to be disappointed in yourself for, is what i mean. see how you feel and how things unfurl. if it persists still then opt for whatever you feel is necessary. 

i hope this helps somehow
regards

I think I might have PTSD. I get anxiety sometimes in places where I shouldn't be having an issue and occasional flashbacks. This shit sucks because I thought I overcame this issue, but I guess that deep down inside I've been subconsciously suppressing my fears. My solution right now is to just let it out and talk about it with the ones I care about. I'd rather be a man about it and deal with this rather than live with worries. 

I think I might have PTSD. I get anxiety sometimes in places where I shouldn't be having an issue and occasional flashbacks. This shit sucks because I thought I overcame this issue, but I guess that deep down inside I've been subconsciously suppressing my fears. My solution right now is to just let it out and talk about it with the ones I care about. I'd rather be a man about it and deal with this rather than live with worries. 

holy shit this is me. I had this problem for a long time even as a teen and I usually can't stay outside for a long period of time due to the building of unnecessary stress and anxiety. I just want to go on top of a mountain and just scream it all away

Edited by Augustus

• 2 weeks later...

If there was one, I didn't get it

It feels like I'm scrambling right now ur boy just ate half a crave case from White Castle if that's not an indicator of how much I don't care the shit the next morning is

I'm probably just gonna move to another country next year

Edited by Dr. Dog

come to england for real me and my m8s need an extra housemate

Edited by uhhuh69

dr dog u have brought me much mirth over the years

at one point i believed it was  a 2nd account of SScadenfreude and i said 2 myself "wow.. his dr.dog persona is so much funnier than his normal one... why doesn't he exclusively post as dog.."

"dr dog!!! a dog cant be a doctor hahhahhahaaha"

i hope u pull through :]]]

holy shit this is me. I had this problem for a long time even as a teen and I usually can't stay outside for a long period of time due to the building of unnecessary stress and anxiety. I just want to go on top of a mountain and just scream it all away

look up panic disorder and agoraphobia, maybe?

Anxiety goes back and forth for me as well.  Thought I was pretty much done with depression as well but nope.

I might have an opportunity to intern in my industry abroad this summer.  Been something I've dreamed about for years but I'm also afraid that I'll ruin the experience for myself while I'm there by getting bummy in my head. 

Pretty sure most foreign countries have fairly strong anti anxiety meds that arent over the counter if youre worried about that. Or if all else fails just get a benzo prescription and be careful with it.

What mg? I never found ativan to be that helpful. Everyone's body is different. Hell I have to take 2MG xan for any noticeable relief and I'm a solid 130 lbs. Besides that, just little small things to help like exercise, yoga, healthy diet, herbal teas really do make a difference. 

Similar regiment here.

Used to take 2mg xan when bad anxiety would kick in, panic attacks etc. Stopped taking as they became habit forming.

Now just lots of tea and exercise. Stopped drinking as much coffee as I used to, which has helped. 

Whatever works though. It sucks, best of luck to you. 

im already taking ativan , its a benzo, doesnt seem to do much effects or maybe i just dont notice it

ativan (or benzos) supposed to give you a short term relief from anxiety. if you have chronic anxiety e.g. irrational fear and etc, it's probably NOT the right medication.

Edited by herpsky