Recent Purchases 2014

seafinch

nonnative trooper coat

14399238113_cd5766dfb0_z.jpg

What size did you get? Their size 1(M) is an equivalent to US m or should I size up?

Their sizing on coverchord always confuses me, generally they have different measurements in comparison to other shops that stock nonnative...

Edited by slope

I have a copy on pre-order. Let me know what you think about the book once you've gone through it. 

Ive actually had it for a while. i like it. plenty of his old stuff and not just limited to clothing. lots of his artwork as well. well worth getting imo

What size did you get? Their size 1(M) is an equivalent to US m or should I size up?

Their sizing on coverchord always confuses me, generally they have different measurements in comparison to other shops that stock nonnative...

I went by haven's measurements. I usually buy size 3 for most japanese brands (6' 185lbs) jacket fits perfect in the shoulders, chest and sleeves. Its a bit on the big side in the body, but probably because thats how a fishtail should fit. I think coverchord is offering 30% until the end of the day on their outerwear too.

also a japanese 1 is usually a US small IMO

Edited by rhaaag

I went by haven's measurements. I usually buy size 3 for most japanese brands (6' 185lbs) jacket fits perfect in the shoulders, chest and sleeves. Its a bit on the big side in the body, but probably because thats how a fishtail should fit. I think coverchord is offering 30% until the end of the day on their outerwear too.

also a japanese 1 is usually a US small IMO

They use size 0 in reference to small I think..my point was that coverchord has the wrong measurements, they put bigger measurements in comparison to haven's.

I'm 5'8 145 lbs, maybe I should aim at size 1 or 2..but thanks for the clarification!

Edited by slope

They use size 0 in reference to small I think..my point was that coverchord has the wrong measurements, they put bigger measurements in comparison to haven's.

I'm 5'8 145 lbs, maybe I should aim at size 1 or 2..but thanks for the clarification!

Hey,

to be fair.  In japan, 0=small, 1=medium, 2=large.  But these are Japanese small, medium, etc., which is very different to North American small, medium, etc.

And it's not necessarily "wrong" measurements; they might measure differently.  You should check how they measure their lengths - you can go to a dozen online stores and each one will give you a different measurement for the same product.  In my experience, most Japanese retail do a decent job with their measurements.

My advice to you, being around the same size (i'm about half an inch shorter, and ten pounds lighter) is that you'd be a size 1 for most outerwear and shirts.  But it really depends on product and how you like your fit.  A size 1 doctor shirt for example is a tent.