Recent Purchases 2014

seafinch

ugh this uncultured swine obviously isn't familiar with I Listen to the Wind That Obliterates My Traces - Music in Vernacular Photographs 1880-1955 by Steve Roden

edit: how come my italics don't work??? sufu is fuckin broken smh 

Edited by rafsemens

Yeah, what rafsemens said, you can pick it up here, all their stuff is really well priced, they're probably my favorite record label at the moment - that isn't their best compilation, it's a bit more piecemeal than Longing for the Past or most of their other stuff. Considering the time you spend in South-East Asia, I think you'd really like Longing for the Past, some fantastic photography and writing on the 78 industry in South-East Asia from the first recording trips there to the establishment of local labels through to the end of the 78 format. 

Yeah, what rafsemens said, you can pick it up here, all their stuff is really well priced, they're probably my favorite record label at the moment - that isn't their best compilation, it's a bit more piecemeal than Longing for the Past or most of their other stuff. Considering the time you spend in South-East Asia, I think you'd really like Longing for the Past, some fantastic photography and writing on the 78 industry in South-East Asia from the first recording trips there to the establishment of local labels through to the end of the 78 format. 

Will order (both? need to decide), thanks for the tip, really not my area of expertise (I guess I like to listen to old blues from time to time but that's about it), visual presentation looks terrific.

Yes, they're fantastically presented and curated: if it helps you decide, their releases are partially available to stream on their bandcamp page - I Listen to the Wind... had more country blues and folk stuff like the Reverend Edward Clayborn or John Jacob Niles, which you might like, but Longing for the Past is really the superior compilation and photobook, at least in my opinion

Also just won this Frank Leder blazer

WdTbb94.jpg

These lovely gems: The Vans Vault x Huichol Capsule hand beaded Sk8 Hi.

l_04_zps67352fae.jpg

l_07_zps569a43f0.jpg

Edited by Firmament_Rob

Yeah I'd always had a megatron sized backpack before so I liked it for the smaller size. I only take a few notebooks to lecture anyways.  It's pretty nice but yeah it only has the one compartment.