Recent Purchases 2014

seafinch

I would never own an alienware at retail but specs on this are unreal for the price I paid. Mid to top level components, all accessories and basically plug and play in the smallest form factor out there for 9 hunnit. I have never bought prebuilt before but don't have the time to build a rig and for the scratch it's as good as it gets. The whole notion that alienware is bad or overrated is garbage and has been around before they got bought out buy Dell. The x51 series has been ranked consistently high for a small form factor mini gaming pc / htpc. Not to mention free onsite repair for a year and resale value is better than custom when I decide to upgrade. My roommate just dropped $1600+ for a rig that has very similar specs and performance is largely the same.

i'd say that's a good deal as long as it includes the plan you mentioned and said plan covers the cost of replacement parts

such complaints existed before the acquisition because their laptops were already exceptionally notorious for overheating and a myriad of poor design choices, and their service and support were even less accommodating than dell's at the time

given the audience they target, customers were rarely capable of fixing or even identifying these problems on their own, and for those who were, getting one's hands dirty frequently meant voiding the warranty 

the sheer volume and severity of complications alienware products have had upon launch and long after simply isn't acceptable when the goal of the brand is to offer high-performance systems at the highest price without the hassle of assembly and repair, but they've cleaned up their act considerably

my biggest concern nowadays with alienware and any pre-built PC is that the individual components can be expected to come from the lowest bidder unless stated otherwise, so you end up with parts from foxconn and what not being marked as dell, HP, etc.

i'll concede that X51s are outstanding in terms of mobility compared to other pre-built options, though i think it's important to remember the systems that editor ratings are often based on have been built by hand before being tested and tweaked to perfection and ultimately sent to the editor with a representative who will make changes for each benchmark test and game in addition to familiarizing the editor with every little nuance of the system

not only will a typical customer never see that level of support, but a typical editor will never use these systems for any length of time, so that explains the discrepancy between editor ratings and user ratings

anyway, the reason i wouldn't brag about owning one is the same reason i wouldn't brag about owning discounted products bought for the sake of convenience from apple, razer, or beats; these companies generally prioritize stylishness and psychological aspects over practicality, and if neither of those features are appealing, then what's the point?

well i speak from experience, and i assume jamokes does too since maybe she works in the gaming industry(?)

wait, what?

i had the misfortune of assisting my cousin with his M15x in 2006, and while i'm sure others can attest to the sad state of gaming laptops at that time, no computer i've owned or worked with has made me wade through more shit

Edited by jamokes

^ that's what the tag says

I was on mobile so I couldn't see. lol to all those who negged me but it's cool...

yeah it fits me perfectly

from the photos i thought it was going to be a lot wider, but imo its the perfect size. 

my heart was broken though, the werkstatt chain i wanted disappeared from antonioli. didn't say sold out, they just removed it.

Gestures_Unpinch.png

your obviously very challenged if you think you can zoom on an image on Sufu mobile while using an iPhone.

Truth be told you can't zoom if you are browsing the mobile version of superfuture unless you open the image in it's own tab