WAYWT destroyed my life (2014)

fokken

My friend:                                  Me:

Bleu de Paname jacket              A77 Sweat

Etude Shirt                                 CoS

S2A Jean                                    Nike

Converse 70s                                  

tell your friend what he was wearing today was plus repped a lot

the trousers and silhouette are great. but did you have to with the unknown pleasures?..

someone's decayed corpse is spinning at 72rpm.

Yeah I know the print is pretty played out I still like it though and the hoody is from my favorite men's UC show so I just look past the album and image becoming bastardized by a small group of people.

+10 rep this plz

Haha I wouldn't go that far but that still means a lot thanks :) Edited by Toastytime

the trousers and silhouette are great. but did you have to with the unknown pleasures?..

Really?  I mean, the UP print is the new TVU & N print, and now a Filth shirt is the *trendy* shirt-du-jour, but really, is there any problem with that? I wear a VU tee, at no point have I thought "Well, Lou Reed would probably think I was a wanker."  I mean, as long as he likes the album, or fuck, even the Saville print, to act as though that loses value to him through oversaturation seems like an oddly out-of-character comment.

who the fuck care about ian curtis that guy was a wanker bitch and i'll meet him outside uniqlo if he ever kickflips out his damn coffin!

Really?  I mean, the UP print is the new TVU & N print, and now a Filth shirt is the *trendy* shirt-du-jour, but really, is there any problem with that? I wear a VU tee, at no point have I thought "Well, Lou Reed would probably think I was a wanker."  I mean, as long as he likes the album, or fuck, even the Saville print, to act as though that loses value to him through oversaturation seems like an oddly out-of-character comment.

This is, of course, all idle speculation, but I would venture to guess that the hesitation stems from the fact that Ian Curtis would despise a large percentage of the people wearing UP shit these days, and that they would have probably disliked him as well. If something is "played out" it basically means that the stupid, lazy people have gotten a hold of it, and that you look stupid and lazy for wearing it as a result. It's a pretty simple concept.

This is, of course, all idle speculation, but I would venture to guess that the hesitation stems from the fact that Ian Curtis would despise a large percentage of the people wearing UP shit these days, and that they would have probably disliked him as well. If something is "played out" it basically means that the stupid, lazy people have gotten a hold of it, and that you look stupid and lazy for wearing it as a result. It's a pretty simple concept.

Still seems like a silly reason for someone to not wear something they like, particularly the latter part

ian curtis can go fuck his stupid own damn corpse, hes a loser bitch!

you are right of course. an image appropriated by the music, later in turn appropriated by other things that no longer have anything to do with it. i understand there is no inherent wrong happening here, but as someone growing up to the sound before 'what is this i saw it on tumblr', it manages to get a reflexive cringe out of me like miley cyrus in a ramleh shirt or something.

Edited by merz