WAYWT destroyed my life (2014)

fokken

no h8 but how are u, me, and the majority of sufu any different

It's true that the internet does play a huge role for inspiring what people wear/cop especially on a fashion forum like sufu. But when I said dressed by the internet it's more about trend hopping by some individuals. I mean this guys whole wardrobe seems pretty lacking but somehow he goes all out and cops a pair of Geos (???). The whole outfit seemed very cookie cutter too, like I've seen an identical fit a few hundred times on tumblr. 

Edited by NeonDreams

It's true that the internet does play a huge role for inspiring what people wear/cop especially on a fashion forum like sufu. But when I said dressed by the internet it's more about trend hopping by some individuals. I mean this guys whole wardrobe seems pretty lacking but somehow he goes all out and cops a pair of Geos (???). The whole outfit seemed very cookie cutter too, like I've seen an identical fit a few hundred times on tumblr.

I can see how you feel that way but I don't think my wardrobe is lacking, I have a couple interesting pieces but a lot of what I buy admittedly is high quality basics so I see where you're coming from. I've only posted a couple fits so far since I just got here and want to improve myself so I'd appreciate if you gave me a chance. Also I genuinely do like geos and if anything I don't think I'm trend hopping I've had them since late 2011/early 2012 and still wear them regularly despite them losing popularity Edited by Genghis Khan

I know my fits aren't great but id really appreciate if I could get constructive criticism this time instead of a couple guys giving me -10 rep and everyone else following suit

H&m / w + h / acne / acne / rick

*pic*

Taking better photos would be an easy start. The photo quality, angle, setting, and lighting are all unflattering. I think everyone else covered the other points well enough.

Taking better photos would be an easy start. The photo quality, angle, setting, and lighting are all unflattering. I think everyone else covered the other points well enough.

I had a t2i I sold a while ago and was gonna put the money towards a better camera since I was getting more serious about photography but never got around to buying one, definitely will have a better camera in the near future though.

there isn't, I was trying to say I was into that type of menswear and still am to an extent for a long a time because he implied I'm new to fashion. I brought up rick to acknowledge I like some of his pieces but I don't associate myself as a "gothninja" and never tried to be one, I don't even think that's a valid term to be honest, it puts a plethora of different designers and styles under one close minded umbrella

I've had these geos since early 2012 and I've been into fashion for a while but mostly been interested in saint Laurent and Dior and stuff similar to that. I've liked a lot of rick owens pieces and owned some here and there but is hardly say I'm trying to be "gothninja"

u are "new" to fashion in comparison to many many many people in the world including alota forum veterans. and while that's not a bad thing, don't front like u ain't a rookie.

here's the thing boo,

you're wearing all black and ro.  you might claim and think that you aren't tryin to get yr gothninny on, but that's how it appears on this board.  what's even worse is that while alota gothninny uniforms are pretty boring,  your fit is boring in a way that doesn't even do the aesthetic justice.  it's utterly devoid of anything marginally respectable, other than the fact that you mighta mowed lawns for like 2 summers to kop the geos.  

you had your geo's since 2012?  wooooo!!! congratulations, have a dookie sandwich. 2 years ain't nothin.  plus the fact that you omit the "yves" from ysl is dead give away that ur a new recruit.  referenced dior?  who cares?

first of all, what does it mean? what does it mean to 'improve' the way you dress. forget that. @insted and everyone else had decent intentions by offering you advice about textures, layers, what to put on etc, but forget that too. dress to cover yourself, dress to convey your personality, dress for satisfaction. don't dress for approval on here. you'll reach approval on here when you approve of yourself. posting here is the worst way to find how well you dress. because if you gain that approval that you're looking for here, you're only gaining the approval of a specific demographic. and then there's other demographics (other forums) that probably think you dress like shit. you can't please everyone, so again, you might as well please yourself.

this thread is one upmanship, dressed more get loved more (not always but usually, which is not a bad thing but its how it is). don't get pulled into dressing to the nines for the sake of it.

when I said improve the way I dress I meant in a way I would be pleased with it, but I thought this forum could offer me useful advice. Thanks for your post it's actually really insightful and I appreciate it

u are "new" to fashion in comparison to many many many people in the world including alota forum veterans. and while that's not a bad thing, don't front like u ain't a rookie.

here's the thing boo,

you're wearing all black and ro.  you might claim and think that you aren't tryin to get yr gothninny on, but that's how it appears on this board.  what's even worse is that while alota gothninny uniforms are pretty boring,  your fit is boring in a way that doesn't even do the aesthetic justice.  it's utterly devoid of anything marginally respectable, other than the fact that you mighta mowed lawns for like 2 summers to kop the geos.  

you had your geo's since 2012?  wooooo!!! congratulations, have a dookie sandwich. 2 years ain't nothin.  plus the fact that you omit the "yves" from ysl is dead give away that ur a new recruit.  referenced dior?  who cares?

I referred to it as saint Laurent as I always do because I'm not sure whether to call it slp or Ysl after Hedis name change. I didn't mean to come off as arrogant or as if I was into fashion a long time but my point was I'm not absolutely new to fashion and I didn't just hop on the geo bandwagon this year.

Yeah my fit was boring and didn't contribute to the geos and I realize that and appreciate everyone telling me that but that doesn't mean I'm some newb who's wardrobe is entirely h&m and just copped geos for the fuck of it. I have some cool and interesting pieces but my first few fits have just been basic because I'm kinda in a rut and don't feel like dressing my self the way I used to

when I said improve the way I dress I meant in a way I would be pleased with it, but I thought this forum could offer me useful advice. Thanks for your post it's actually really insightful and I appreciate it

If you're not pleased with something, change it. I have had some past fits that I now look at like wtfwasithinking but at the moment I was pleased with it #shameface

you're lucky that you're thin and tall? So it will not be hard to find what type of clothes will fit/work with your frame, then just think about pieces you like, whether you can make it work for you or not, if you can't pull it off, no matter how much u love or cheap, pass.

With the pieces u have then just think creatively how you'd like to wear it

There are diff types of collectors, one who recycles, one who builds within span of decades..

Figure yourself out, and do u. It will show. Your body language right now is just ripe for pouncing.

Edited by whitney

I referred to it as saint Laurent as I always do because I'm not sure whether to call it slp or Ysl after Hedis name change. I didn't mean to come off as arrogant or as if I was into fashion a long time but my point was I'm not absolutely new to fashion and I didn't just hop on the geo bandwagon this year.

Yeah my fit was boring and didn't contribute to the geos and I realize that and appreciate everyone telling me that but that doesn't mean I'm some newb who's wardrobe is entirely h&m and just copped geos for the fuck of it. I have some cool and interesting pieces but my first few fits have just been basic because I'm kinda in a rut and don't feel like dressing my self the way I used to

saint laurent/slimanes 2nd tenure is recent. so choosing to refer to the house as such implies certain notions about yourself.  

curious, but what made you kop geo's 2 years ago?  

it'd actually be better if u were a newb.  that way yr recent fit would be justifiable because of ignorance/inexperience.  anyway whatever.  let's say for argument's sake you're not a newb (who cares?).  how did you dress yourself before having some sorta epiphany and arriving at your latest attempt on the previous page?  also care to share about yr apparent "rut?"

Edited by SSchadenfreude

when you realise nobody cares about you... then you'll 'dress better'. that's the best advice i can give. 

i think the best advice i could give you is "when in Rome, do as the Romans do"

which is the best advice tho??? 

seems like a lot of praise are based on member's reputation more so than the actual fit itself, vice versa with the criticisms.

probably true to a certain degree on all forums, but hell sufu aint nothing compared to styleforum in terms of member <-> thumbs/reps

people will rep cool stuff and neg wack shit, simple as that

i really like this new direction sufu is taking with the discussions and advice. reminds me of styleforum 

nah