WAYWT? [Denim Version] 2014

Davil

Who/where/what is Bob Dong? From the brief search i've done, stuff looks good. Only available in China??

Really taking a liking to this Duck jacket by Bob Dong, it's a bit shorter than what I'm used to but I think it still works with shorter T-Shirts. Fabric still has some weird lines and folds and needs to settle more.

8redABwl.jpg

mHgDGYZl.jpg

Bob Dong duck cotton jacket

Bob Dong Wabash vest

Bronson indigo pocket tee

Unbranded UB301

Chucks

Yeah only through Taobao afaik. I have a pair of their 47 model and it's good.

I wish they will move more towards original designs in the future as their craftsmanship is good and I'd like to buy more from them. Personally I'm a little drawn back by some of their stuff which looks to be a blatant copy of other brands designs.

Edited by volvo240thebest

It did look very 'generic', but still interesting. What's the general quality like? Do you know much about the brand itself- is it small workshop stuff or a larger outfit masquerading as an artisan.

As a fellow European- how have you found buying stuff from Taobao?

Quality is good, stitching done fine nice hefty denim, lovely cut. I haven't worn yet a lot the jeans because the rise it's too high to use them with tucked-in shirts and also because during the summer I prefer to wear thinner/well broken in pairs.

If you're familiar with red cloud (I think so) I have to say that I find RC to be better quality.

I've buying lots of stuff through taobao (not only clothing) and it' good and cheap as long as you're fine with waiting a lot of time. A proxy is needed and I've yet to find a good a service on par with Japanese proxy. It usually takes a month between the order an the parcel delivered to my door!

As Volvo said, Bob Dong quality isn't stellar but it's certainly far from bad, especially for the price. I agree that some of their designs are borderline knock-offs but the craftsmanship and materials are fine.

So here's what I've been wearing for almost 48 hours Monday/Tuesday while waiting for my daughter being born :)

WNe6r7Cl.jpg

Sick delivery room fades, yo!

LVC "Parsons" Sawtooth shirt

Bob Dong "Native" T-Shirt

Unbranded UB301

Red Wing 8818

Daughter and wife are fine, too ;)