[ ~] Win engineering design contest

[X ] Land a kickflip by 3/1/14

4.0 achieved  

Got 2nd in engr contest 

Kickflip landed

We out here

Edited by Schoon

-smoke less pot

-study hard af the next 2 weeks for finals (have 4 in a row mon-thurs after classes end on fri) and raise my gpa this sem

-move out into my own apartment soon after exams

-make good money this summer

-continue my driving lessons

-keep going to the gym mon-fri

-learn to cook over the summer

-wake the fuck up this summer and prepare for next sem, become more productive

-secure an internship for next summer*

Edited by Poonti

~2 year goal: get into neurosurgery training

prob not realistically achievable given my past academic performance, but one has to try.

edit: btw to all you youts out there - undergrad academic performance matters. Doors are far more open to those who do well compared to those who coast along. 

Edited by broken_dubz

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

-Have a Seattle Sufu meetup with at least 5 people

-Adjust sleep schedule to wake up at 7AM each day

-Go to the gym 4 days a week

-Apply, secure, and commute to a second job in downtown Seattle

-Turn that second job into my new full-time job

-Earn enough to move out and find a house with roommates or a small apartment

-Continue to try new recipes while baking and cooking

-Purchase more Stone Island Shadow Project and experiment with the PARSEQ system

-Take the train to Vancouver to visit Haven, Inventory and the Vancouver sufu members

-First Seattle meetup was with 4 people, but I'm sure we'll have another

-Waking up at 8AM everyday, cooking breakfast, and getting to work 15 mins early

-Exercise has been slipping. Once I am up at 7 I will be running.

-Applying to Totokaelo, and debating whether or not to work part-time and go back to school

-Looking at apartments in Seattle with a roommate candidate

-Baking continues

-SISP losing interest. Single, brand-based goal kind of short sighted.

-Vancouver meetup set for May 31/June 1!

New academic goals:

[/] Don't let physics ruin my 4.0

[x] Obtain internship in center city

New creative goals:

[x] Download + learn Unity

[x] Read 2 more books

edit: done

Edited by Schoon

Update:

currently in antwerpen assisting one of my favourite fairly new designers

same weight as january but more muscle. hitting plateaus on some of my home exercises so will probably sign up for a gym and lift real weights when i get back to london. for now i'm happy with coasting weight wise and working on core and balance.

work-life balance shit as always but work is life at this point and i'm happy with it

family stuff a bit better but it's very difficult to make large progress when i don't even live in the same country as them

• 2 weeks later...

makes me wonder if this is why so many designers choose to dress quite "simple" or "normal" while designing complex clothing

maybe when fashion is in your head too much and occupies a good portion of your daily life it just eats you up and you make some realizations and you stop caring about how you dress

that and / or their work already speaks volumes about them so they no longer feel the need to "state" themselves through their method of dress

Edited by Trouble

I don't even care about fashion anymore, I just want to dress like a regular person

i suspect u never really did.  just as you don't reallycare about alota the shit u claim and think u like now.  passing fads for you. most of us all grow outta shit and change, but  some of us stick with what we are passionate about.  i hope u find something u actually enjoy, not just some shit that you think will make you look cool.

did u get into harvard?  congrats?

Nah, it's all available online 

http://www.ves.fas.harvard.edu/fvs_readings.html

i suspect u never really did.  just as you don't reallycare about alota the shit u claim and think u like now.  passing fads for you. most of us all grow outta shit and change, but  some of us stick with what we are passionate about.  i hope u find something u actually enjoy, not just some shit that you think will make you look cool.

Damn, you really couldn't fit more assumptions and thinly veiled insults into that post if you tried

But  I hope you're right, at least in regards to the latter part of the post

Edited by Deux_Nukem

Damn, you really couldn't fit more assumptions and thinly veiled insults into that post if you tried

But  I hope you're right, at least in regards to the latter part of the post

yo i didn't have 2 b nice with it.

what assumptions?  u been blowin up this forum with random fashion deux deux brand 411 and linking mad rakuten links, now u talkin shit like u gonna quit sufu liker u above it or some shit and wanna dress "normal?"  

pls indulge me.  what makes you desire to be a dj? lol

what makes you desire to be a dj? lol

liking music

liking dancing as well

And I'm not trying to imply I'm "above" it or anything, or like, it's got no value because I don't particularly care about it anymore, I'm not that egocentric. Just that it doesn't interest me anymore and I feel I'd be better off (and that most people would be happier too) if I left the site

Edited by Deux_Nukem

liking music

liking dancing as well

And I'm not trying to imply I'm "above" it or anything, or like, it's got no value because I don't particularly care about it anymore, I'm not that egocentric. Just that it doesn't interest me anymore and I feel I'd be better off (and that most people would be happier too) if I left the site

OK BYE

it's not that we don't believe you Deux, but the fact that you feel the need to make it clear to everyone that you don't care about fashion and are quitting sufu instead of just leaving quietly gives the impression that you still care about your reputation on this forum.  If you really did desire to leave sufu you would have been outta here before you made your initial post in this thread that sparked all this backlash.