let's talk about feelings

SSchadenfreude

I care about fashion to the extent in which I know what things I want to get. You can believe whatever you want.

You boasted about "being a part of the movement that had influence on design / culture". You take pride in it, otherwise you wouldn't mention it. Just pointed out it's nothing. And the fact that you take pride in something so insignificant is simply pathetic. Just tells you're an average joe and that's the biggest impact you'll ever have on culture, art or design, which it seems to be highly regarded by you.

I really feel we're not on the same level dude and this whole argument is moot. I no longer care to take part in it, I give you the priveledge of having a last word in it (which you'd be more than willing to exploit if I didn't mention it now, cause your that type of petty person), maybe it will give you that faint feeling of accomplishment (seems you need to scrape the very bottom to get it) or at least a boner.  Keep enjoying FASHION

Fine Art Academy is not an "art school". The fact that a Fine Art Academy is an art school for you means that you have no idea what you're taking about. I also graduated from 2nd best polish Electronics and Information Technology University. So yeah, I got my 'real university' end covered. Since you take the piss out of this subject, I'd assume you're well educated yourself. All of you keep coming with no leg to stand on and no relevant arguments..but yeah it turns out whatever I'll state here will be just fuel for your mocking for all of frustrated boys around here. Hopefully all you brats will outgrow it one day and get over it.

Edited by kojiro

Hey guys,

Lets take a moment…..

take a step back, and realize you're bickering about who you are/how you feel/and why you bought something, with each other on a message board about clothes. In a thread about recent purchases, of which you both are arguing or trying to "Discuss" something so asinine.

What has turned me off completely to forums about fashion/clothing is that everyone seems to think their taste in clothing/lifestyle somehow makes them better than the next person/person who doesn't buy the same brands/live the same way. Get a grip, and realize everyone is different, and not everyone worked on japanese farm LOL, or can take part in a movement that had influence on design?, or own a Narogi before they knew about Visvim, or gone to a real university instead of an art school. Holy fuck! IS THIS REAL LIFE?

51606-Breaking-Bad-Upvote-gif--Panda-8Mn

Edited by MonsieurUntitled

Fine Art Academy is not an "art school". The fact that a Fine Art Academy is an art school for you means that you have no idea what you're taking about. I also graduated from 2nd best polish Electronics and Information Technology University. So yeah, I got my 'real university' end covered. Since you take the piss out of this subject, I'd assume you're well educated yourself. All of you keep coming with no leg to stand on and no relevant arguments..but yeah it turns out whatever I'll state here will be just fuel for your mocking for all of frustrated boys around here. Hopefully all you brats will outgrow it one day and get over it.

Shut up.

Most jap designers/labels start out as niche. Including many championed on this forum and by yrself. A lot of what I kop isn't considered high fashion by the media, critics nor myself.

I don't believe that u dont care about fashion/etc. if u didn't u probably would kop all the u do shit, post that shit here, and have yr period every time me or someone else disagrees. u just like to feign that sort of "i'm over it/above it etc" intellectual consumer's attitude or what have u.

Subcultures are for the weak? I disagree. Depends on the individual and other variables.

I don't see my being part of a certain subculture/lifestyle as an accomplishment per se, but it most def made me knowledgeable helped me to see industry correlations/cause n effects about alota the clothes and labels' connotationsthat we talk about on this forum. It's really embarrassing that ur actually trying to flex boast about yr alleged euro fine arts education whatever.

Of course boro/noragi have a long history, but theyhave been made prominent because of visvim! But ur the guy all up on visvim. Where the shoe fits and all that....

Anyone could research that shit after being made aware of it via visvim. I don't particularly believe u to be an aficionado because of other factors

Shut up.

I'm currently graduating from one of the best european fine art academies, making a living from art and culture. It's my daily bread. I take your "influence in modern culture" with patronizing smile.. funny you see that as some sort of an accomplishment. After a second thought I actually start feeling sorry for you, now that I know what you consider an accomplishment.

Subcultures are for the weak which are lost / aren't self-aware / need guidance and find peace of mind in being a part of a nameless mass. Plus it's thing which you outgrow- nothing to boast about dude...

Sorry dude , but here you are talking to just that nameless mass. The posting of your purchases to me means that you are seeking some kind of validation fro a fashion crowd that are divided into subcultures. I skate snowboard and surf.And I dress accordingly to that.So I think that makes me part of that subculture. 

I am probably a bit older than you and have been skating from age 9.

So I am lost for that long?? It gave me guidance during my formative years and a safety valve when things go not the way I planned them.

As no doubt music gives a punk rocker his release and fashion an insecure teenager his sense of belonging. 

That's not weakness that is finding out where you belong.  And not understanding that makes me think that you might have gotten Hiroki  his dissertations wrong ...

Edited by aso2004

No I wouldn't. But you would, seeing how you keep praising 'niche japanese designers'. You probably consider yourself a fashion-aware and sophisticated dude, but you're just a snob who'll cop whatever crap a brand you consider "high fashion" comes up with.  Vide that bondage shit, which noone with a keen sense of style would find aesthetically pleasing.

so you wore noragis before visvim made them popular (read: expensive?) 

I don't give a shit about fashion. Fashion is just a retarded, slow, somewhat retarded sister of deign, art and culture. a by-product if you will, just a craft. I don't know what's considered fashionable and what is not, if Visvim had a reputation of current, say, BAPE or some tacky brand like D&G / Versace, I would still buy it because it wouldn't alter how I perceive the stuff.

so what the fuck are you doing on a fashion based website?

I never "labored" anywhere. Subcultures are for the weak which are lost / aren't self-aware / need guidance and find peace of mind in being a part of a nameless mass. Plus it's thing which you outgrow- nothing to boast about dude...

So you say you were an ant in an ocean that influenced modern culture, kudos. I'm currently graduating from one of the best european fine art academies, making a living from art and culture. It's my daily bread. I take your "influence in modern culture" with patronizing smile.. funny you see that as some sort of an accomplishment. After a second thought I actually start feeling sorry for you, now that I know what you consider an accomplishment.

a) what the fuck are you talking about 

B) if this academy is so great, why not post which one you graduated from? 

My avatar- I loved vintage boros, stuff being dyed using natural proccesses and how these items age, I find it fascinating from formal point of view- the texture, the colors, how "noble" it becomes with age. Actually it has nothing / very little to do with Visvim, but doubt you'd understand.

And this discussion is starting to go beyond the point you'd comprehend so I won't go any further.

ha hahahahahahahahahahaha

I cannot think of any other brand whose followers are so easily trolled.

Supreme comes to mind, but most of the people who own a lot of Supreme tend to be pretty chill...

Rick Owens dus take the Dick Ovens jokes in stride...

Undercover followers just buy their shit and don't create undercoversations.com to talk about their stupid dying techniques