UES Official Contest 2014/1/1 - 2014/12/31

beautiful_FrEaK

hit the patch with obenauf's before the washer took care of'em...

I've seen b_F do the same... Wouldn't that make the Obenauf spread all over the denim??

Shouldn't you be doing it a few days earlier so that it would dry up?

I use Mustang Paste after washing...the water and detergent might just take away the oil, I guess. But b_f knows more about natural sciences....

Here's the fit with 1" shorter inseam. Cleaner, but I feel like it looks a bit weird due to the kneebags and straight lower leg. Will have to wear them back to shape and judge then.

cd5.JPG

Edited by Max Power

Ok, here is my take on natural science :P

IMO it’s not the biggest difference if you apply it days before the wash or hours before it. Make sure the leather sucked it up. But then the grease/fat/oil will be removed from the patch either way in the wash with detergent.

It’s the task of detergents to remove such stuff…and it’s also the task of the detergents to prevent the garment to get stained again with the dirt it removed beforehand.

You guys remember hydrophilic and lipophilic from school? And molecules that are drawed in a simplified manner like this:

o o o  ? (looks like sperm..I know..)

|  |  |

The lipophilic part of the molecul shows towards the fat and the hydrophilic part shows to the water and thus is able to carry the dirt (fat in this case) away from the garment *1

That’s all part of the chemistry for detergents (from what I remember).

edit: oh..I  also use Mustang Paste

edit2: *1 the detergent molecules surround the dirt and embed it

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

great info T. ...Flo, can't really see where the hems end, but i almost would say that they are a tad on the short side, no?

just put mine one after the wash and the inseam shrunk a bit again, just to let you know!

i know have the perfect fit on my pair (maybe 0.5-1" of hemming needed as well though).

Outside pictures of the fit. I love the inseam length, it was a good decision to get them hemmed. And I love how some roping is appearing just after a hot soak of the hem.

0t79.JPG
571s.JPG
wpw0.jpg
8va2.jpg

The picture above was taken after the soak...I was really surprised to see how much it faded since. I just took one month updates and sent them to Lee.

zft5.jpg
s8mb.jpg
y939.jpg

Edited by Max Power

I also gave my pair their first wash yesterday. I put them in a large bucket with hot water and a little bit of detergent and agitated them for a while. Then I let them sit in the water for an extra half hour. 

Hmmmmmmm... They smell fresh again!  :)

tumblr_n0sbo558T21rjezijo1_1280.jpg