UES Official Contest 2014/1/1 - 2014/12/31

beautiful_FrEaK

Thank you all. I love the fit, however I think the 710 were as good, especially because they were a tad slimmer in the thighs. On the other hand, this is what makes the UES so comfy. Definitely a cut that will be fun to wear for a long time.

Edited by Max Power

Yes we do ;) But I still think the fit will get better and better. Even if the jeans feel soft they are still more rigid than any pre-wash or worn-in pair and the flare should settle and the look from the back, too.

I feel you on your second paragraph. As I unpacked the package I kinda felt like I did with my Denime 66XX for the contest back then. The first look of them is rather bland and they are “missing†some little details (coin pocket selvage, hidden rivets, arcs). So I was a bit underwhelmed, especially if you compare those two jeans (UES&Denime) with Samurai or any other brand that uses a lot of small little details and heavy textured denim.

They reveal their beauty bit by bit. I am still in love with the pocket bags on the UES!. And I think the denim holds a lot of character once worn in.

We discussed this before I think: This kind of denim (from UES, Denime, Fullcount and others in that range) appear “boring†at first sight compared to Strike Gold, Samurai, PBJ and the like.

But I still think that with those heavy weight and heavy textured denim of the beforehand mentioned brands, the outcome is more predictable and determined.

And with brands like UES, Denime, Warehosue, etc. you have more “room†to create fades.

I hope you guys get what I wanted to say :D

I'm with you b_f! The fabric of ues is smooth, soft, and the texture is rigid but not hard, this keeps the shape very well after wearing and washing.

I noticed some hairiness, too, but I feel like it appeared after some wear only.

@ Ruedi: no problem, glad to see you're active again.

Flo

I was just too busy the last half year and just had time for posting on Instagram under @swissjeansfreak, where I posted around 500 pics so far over the last half year, most about heavy fadings and denim evolution

I really hope I can come back a little bit more often on Sufu, where I have missed too much already. I'm happy to be in Berlin from Monday until Friday to check out the B&B and some raw denim stores again. Perhaps see somebody of you guys there

Been wearing the 400R's for a little over a month and a half. I feel like they've really settled in, and they're definitely one of the comfiest pair of jeans I've worn in a long time. Not really seeing any fading going on, but seeing how ridiculously comfy they are, I'll probably wear them for another 10 months straight without skipping a day :P

fQj5iFC.jpg?1

aDTXB9E.jpg?1

Sivv2vO.jpg

HC1zKxs.jpg

^nice straight fit!

Yeah I also really love to put them on the morning. Comfy as it gets. My show little fading on the whiskers and a wallet fade. My pair developed 2 small faded "scratches" around the shins...don't know where it came from but my Denime 66XX also had this..strange

Yeah yeah why don't you just rub it in!!  :P

Congrats with your pair man. Did you measure before soaking?

Sorry man, wasnt directed to you. It is just I was expecting to get taxed since they hold back my parcel  :(

As for my pair, I normally hot soak my new jeans and put them in the washing machine for a gentle warm wash but since  this time they are abit tight in the waist pre-soak and thigh I decided to spare the wash and just did 2-3 hour hot soak.

They shrunk up moderately all over, managed to button up all the way but the top block is still tight, the rise is pretty low on 400S. Hoping they will stretch out soon...

I'll try to get the fit pictures up as soon as possible. These few days I only got home in the late evening and I dont have much space indoor or a good lighting to snap some pictures inside

No offence taken man! :)

About machine-washing them: I think you'll be able to button them up even after a machine wash. I did 1 soak, 1 machine wash and another soak a few days later. They only shrank 1'' in the waist and stretched back after one wear.

Hi all.

I have upload the first page to the web site today.

Here is the link. Sorry for uploading it so late........ :unsure:

http://www.japaneseselvagejeans.com/rainbowcounty/Denim%20Contest/denim_contest2014.html

For the 1 month update, I will upload it next week.

If you find any info that is incorrect from the page,please mail me. 

Wish you all nice weekend.

Lee

Haha yeah I was about to do it but I wanted to get my tripod first so I can send him some photos. Looks like I'll just take some quick shots today, and just send lee something. Hopefully it isn't too late. :0(

chairs work pretty nice to hold a camera steady enough to take a few timed pics...just say'n