UES Official Contest 2014/1/1 - 2014/12/31

beautiful_FrEaK

Post soak fit

F4F3D452-7E8E-4866-9CA4-0248B7AE57AB_zps

What do you guys think about it?

I have mixed feelings to be honest.. The jeans are loose to the point that I can take them off without unbuttoning. Still I find the fit somewhat interesting but not enough to wear the jeans "contest mode" for all year long.

Might want to sell them and size down to 34. Too bad, I went too safe with sizing and I unexpectedly lost weight in the last month...

Edited by volvo240thebest

So you just soaked or already hot-washed? A size down would be possible and I agree that one needs a "perfect" fit to wear the jeans for 1 year.

On another note, I just heard something very cool. But I will let the appropriate persons speak about it.

@the new guys: don't forget to send all your information, pictures, stuff to Lee! See the first post of this thread for more information!

I did a 60 min piping hot soak (the hottest water from the tap plus 1 kettle of boiling water) and a cold spinning cycle with the washing machine. I will try a second spinning cycle at 60° c and see what happens before making a final decision.

here's the measurements, for the sake of comparison

presoak |   post soak  |    post 2 days wear

waist 18,50 | 17.75 | 18.60

front rise 11.50 | 10.75 | 11.00

back rise 14.50 | ? | 15.00

thigh 13 | 12.50 | 13.30

inseam 33 | 31.50 | 31.50 (exactly what I asked for)

hem width 8.75 | 8.50 | 8.50

I am amazed by the way this Zimbabwe cotton behaves, it just shrank back and more with no effort. and this is the first time in my life that I am pissed off for having lost weight! oh well, there's always something to learn.

I went for another spinning cycle in the washing machine, the jeans did shrink a little bit more but after 4 hours of wear I am back at the same stage : (

they're definitely too big for me. 

I am sorry to jump out of the boat before it leaves but I think there's no point in joining the contest for me atm, with a pair that doesn't fit well. I couldn't guarantee the level of commitment and extensive wear that a good contest deserves.

the jeans are for sale, should I sell them soon i will get another pair in a size 34 and join the contest at a later time. I don't want to get back exactly the same money I spent, so for all the stout W36 guys out there, if you want to buy 'em just make me an offer i could not refuse!

they're fantastic quality and a beautiful cut.

@ B_F I will get in touch with Lee and tell him about this.

yeah, too bad indeed as I like the cut and the denim a lot, but I couldn't stand to wear extensively a pair of jeans that don't stay firm enough at the waist. after half a day i could again take them off without unbuttoning.. well now i know I am a 34W on UES jeans...

I just received confirmation that it was out for delivery today, I'm pretty excited for this pair. I hope these bad boys fit similar to my denime. Also kudos for the quick shipping by ues. Only took 1 day at customs. Perfect timing cause I got my patch branded for tomorrow 010114.

I got my package and now its in my tub getting a warm soak and after a soak a machine wash(following UES washing guide). I've never done a machine wash after a soak before so this will be a first for me, I have plenty of pairs to keep me going so I thought I'd try something new.  I forgot to measure...was too darn excited. But anyway here are some quick snaps of the denim, nothing you guys haven't seen before. I am probably not the best photographer but something is better than nothing.

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0012.jpgDSC_0037-1.jpgDSC_0051.jpgDSC_0050.jpgDSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

Awesome gifts that I got. 

Indeed very nice fit Finn !

My jeans are stuck at the custom since Monday, no new update for the delivery yet according to the EMS tracking. Hopefully I can get them by Friday. Perhaps the holiday season backed ups has delayed the processing at the custom...

So I got them soaked and a machine wash, and hang dried outside, did it UES way and it seemed like there was more shrinkage left so I went ahead and did another soak, but this time with 2 hottest tap water soaks. 1 hot soak for about 20 minutes and drained then another hot soak for another 20 minutes then hung it outside in the sun for it to dry. Now I love the fit, and its so crunchy. I'm sure the denim will be soft after a few wears. I'll have pictures up tomorrow. 

Waist: 16in 

FRise: 13in

BRise: 13.5in

Thigh: 12.25in

Knee: 8.5in

Inseam: 33in

Hem: 7.5in

First of all I would like to wish everybody a happy new year!

Lee shipped them again around Christmas and my pair is finally on it's way here! They got out of customs yesterday and now they are traveling my way WOOOHOOOW!! :D

Good luck to everybody in this competition.

I just received a call from the custom yesterday and apparently for some reasons I have to pick the jeans up myself at the office. Maybe they're trying to tax the package. 

Pretty weird since I have never got taxed buying jeans from japan before. Im only able to go to their office next Saturday...so it looks like it will be another week until i receive mine...