UES Official Contest 2014/1/1 - 2014/12/31

beautiful_FrEaK

great fit frank and vanquish

I think ThinFinn kindly gave your pair a nice hot wash and fast spin (with biological powder and fabric softener) followed by a tumble dry to save you the bother Max. It's very kind of him.

...well actually that's true. but since they still were a tad too long i brought them to a tailor which chopped 2 inches off...now they're perfect ;)

okay, so here are (what it looks to be) the final measurements (in cm) after a hot soak and a 50degrees wash incl. 1200spin:

UES-400T - w34

waist: 43 (-3)

fr.rise: 27.5 (-1.5)

b.rise: 38 (-2)

thigh: 33.0 (-3.0)

knee: 23.0 (-2.0)

hem: 20.0 (-1.5)

inseam: 84.5 (-5.5)

Edited by ThinFinn

Well, my experience has been less than rosy.  My 400-Z one wash 36's showed up a full 2 inches small in the waist.  I asked for a 33 inch hem, they gave me 32 inches and didn't keep the original hems.  (Is that standard?).  The 32 inch hem is OK... you can see from the pics I'll still get some stacking action. 32 might have been better in retrospect.  I'm a bit confused by how little they cut off - it was probably around 33 inches to start.  Do I loose all roping potential without the original hem?

To top it off, it doesn't look particularly good on me.  That's not UES's fault - finding pants that fit well is big a challenge for me in general.  (I have a weird lower body shape)  The denim feels very, very nice and it's comfortable as hell, excepting the waist.  Once the waist loosens up, it will probably be very comfortable overall.  However, I'm more than a little frustrated right now.  At least my wedgie action looks less worse than my other jeans... probably due to a higher rise.  Damn, this pair looks so much better on James. Grrrrrrr...... LOL

IMGP1870.JPG

IMGP1871.JPG

IMGP1872.JPG

IMGP1873.JPG

IMGP1878.JPG

Edited by marti-mar

Re the small amount of hem you have been left with - could be due to how many times they folded the new hem?? As far as roping goes, look to see whether the new hem seam aligns with the seam on the selvedge side, is it askew?

On one leg it is aligned. On the other, it is off by like .2 inches - pretty close, but not quite aligned. Is that going to be OK?

Thanks!

Martin

I think that fit will look good on you once the waist has stretched out a bit. As for the length of the inseam, you still have a bit of a break at the bottom and anyway I would recommend a single cuff rather than stacking with a vintage-inspired cut like the 400Z. They'd look great cuffed and with a pair of work boots.

For roping, just soak the new hem in some hot water (I hang the bottom of each leg in the sink) and you will get some skew again.

Does the waist and top box look OK to you guys?  That's my last concern since the waist was much smaller than it was supposed to be.  Perhaps a larger top box would make the hips looks a little less round?

Edited by marti-mar

hey Marti

doesn't look bad at all to me neither. the waist will stretch fine, just wear 'hem with a single cuff and a pair of boots, I bet they'll be looking great after a couple weeks of wear!

Hmmm... yes, Marti, I would certainly encourage you to continue wearing it. The legs fit looks good and proper, except for the waist. 

For 2 days of wearing after soaking, I think this pair stretches fast. The denim is fantastic and it should be a good pair to keep.

So, here's mine measurements. http://tuckshoprailnews.com/2013/11/29/ues-contest-post-wash-fit-400z/

Hot soak and cold machine washed. It seems weird as it looks like it shrinks just a little base on the numbers. I am quite sure I have measured them properly BiG style. However, the fit is definitely trimmed down after soak. Anyway, the fit pic.

pb284619.jpg

pb284620.jpg

pb284621.jpg

I was planning to make pictures as soon as I would get my jeans, but it seems something went wrong. They went back to Japan.... CRAP! :(

Luckily Lee told me he will ship them again as soon as they get back in his hands... Great guy!! :)

Edited by Somar