UES Official Contest 2014/1/1 - 2014/12/31

beautiful_FrEaK

^ haven't really put too much though into it, i'm thinking i'll leave it and when the hem begins to wear down too much i'll consider a cuff

but i've come to really like the fit, the waist is a bit on the large side but thats why i bought my kawatako belt years ago. it's really forgiving in the thighs and to be honest, i havent had this mobility in a pair of jeans in some time. in my experience a lot of brands don't fit too well in the hips and upper thighs. i'm glad i pulled the trigger on these

Edited by llvlaglne

Apologies if this was already mentioned...Would one consider the 400T a modernized 60's cut? I thought I saw bartacks/no hidden rivets, no V-sticth, back pockets shaping, and the "taper" could be a good cover for that. Can anyone confirm if the coin pocket lacks selvedge, and any other 60's type specs? Considering going with the 400T's to mix up fits, but I still prefer the 400R since I'm more a 50's type...

The reason the 400T jeans doesn't have hidden rivets is to keep it simple and to differentiate from the 400R which has many vintage details.

When I met Chuji Matsumoto the owner of UES over a year ago in Tokyo I was curious to understand what inspired his brand.

His first reference is a respect for the quality of garment construction of the glory days of American manufacturing. They are not intending, however, to be a repro brand.

Chuji told me his ideal product is just like "Sushi". It is a very simple dish and made by hand by a skilled cook. The ingredients should be fresh and simple.I think this is a good analogy as they choose the highest grade of materials. They have been making jeans since 1994 so the brand is pretty established in Japan.

At 7:27, our jeans hit the (somewhat) European border...ok, Switzerland that is. But kinda Europe :P

Switzerland is where it's at buddy... ;)

so yes, our jeans, that is b_F's, Max Power's and mine 400T, arrived in zürich today...if everything foes right, they should be with me by tomorrow or wednesday the latest!

expect a shitload of pics everybody ;) and yes frank, excited as a little kid i am :)

Chuji told me his ideal product is just like "Sushi". It is a very simple dish and made by hand by a skilled cook. The ingredients should be fresh and simple.I think this is a good analogy as they choose the highest grade of materials. They have been making jeans since 1994 so the brand is pretty established in Japan.

Best analogy I have heard for a pair of jeans!

Good to see a contest for UES! I may not have time to start new jeans for contest even 400T seems fit me well, but may order it later (I can wear jeans on weakend only). And just ordered a shirt from UES, can't wait to put it on!

Edited by tony9588

They came!!! Only took a couple of crappy pictures (really need to get a decent camera) and they're soaking in my tub right now.

wZ6gDcn.jpg?1

Excuse the messy room and terrible picture. I'll take better pics after they're done soaking. It's a pretty straight fit, tapering only from 9.25" at the knee to 8.5" at the hem. Quite loose too, so that's nice for a change.

XMzQrcW.jpg

Can't wait to start wearing them!

great fit right there frank...congrats to that!

after b_F pm'd me with the tracking state of our parcel, i went mad wild after work yesterday. :D

from the train station, i went straight to the post office (per commuter train). after checking with the postman if a package was waiting for me or not, i went back to the train station (per foot, through the rain, felt like a 1000mile hike to me ^^ ) to check at the other post office. arriving at the information center to ask for the next post office, i went on for another 10minutes just to discover that said post office was already closed. back to the train station i went...drove home, checked the mailbox and found a letter telling me that i should pick up my package tomorrow (now = today!)...shit i do to get my jeans :D

so today, it's going down...stay tuned! ;)

Edited by ThinFinn

Okay guys here it is. And i will have to loose some weight a bit on the waist ;)

The date is 131114 

Pre soak measurement (BIG style):

Waist: 34,6"

Thigh:13,8

Inseam:hemmed to a 33

Knee:9,5

Hem:8,2

Right now i'm doing a 30min cold water soak (i don't want this one to shrink too much)

Here is some crappy pics, will take more descent pics when i'll get my camera back:

rtyz.jpg

9z49.jpg

Pre Soak fit:

sgne.jpg

7vp5.jpg

vf6.jpg

I think the fit will be good after the soak.

Post soak measurement and pics tomorrow

Edited by geL-