Let's Talk Casual Shoes(Lows, High Top, Loafers etc...)

jk0316

I've been wanting some casual shoes that go slick with jeans, and can be versatile with various fits.

Just copped some To Boot (Tan Winstons http://www.toboot.com/images/shoes/Winston-151-2.jpg?maxwidth=500&maxheight=500)

These fit the Fall season, and can be either Casual or Dress shoes depending on the colors of your attire I think (open to fashion suggestions on what to wear with these).

So I'm trying to look for something with fun, hip yet with class and simplicity. Mostly for everyday wear.

I've been looking at Common Projects lately (they have great low sneakers), but am open to any suggestions since I'm not too knowledgeable on shoes.

Hit me up, fashion gurus

Dear Fashion Guru JD.Salinger,

What are my other options for a fun, hip yet with class and simplicity that I can wear for a night out in town without breaking the bank?

Anything that goes grrat both with raw selvage denim and tuxedo pants? The shoes also have to look slick and flirty when I cosplay.

Thanks!

Hey skeetinyonose good question there too bud! 8)

That's a little bit of a toughie, but I think I'd recommend the classic Clark's Desert Boot. Have you heard of those? 

But to mix it up and keep it *~flirty~* you should get a wild print to excite the eyes and the palate!!!

20101012222856943.jpg

Also, I think these will look raellly good with denims and tuxedos! Especially denim tuxedos!!! You can break them in while you break your denims in. Double Score XD

Clarks-Originals-x-Warehouse-Co-Denim-De

xoxo

stay fun, hip, yet with class~ 

Edited by JD.Salinger

DJ Salinger,

Thanks, I have heard of Clark's Desert Boots, but I would count them more as formal wear. I have a pair that I wore to a wedding with a plain dress shirt, bow tie, and Italian fit khakis. I don't really like them though because they kind of hide my ankles, and I like to show them off.

I also don't think I can spend $300 on Common Projects. My favorite website, four-pins.com posted these knock-offs by a brand called Android Home a while back. Do you read that blog?

AHI71004_NeroFino_0_grande-596x572.jpg

They aren't as flirty as I like, butt I think I can put some colorful laces to spice up my life.

What about bohemian edgy shoes? I saw some Marjela shoes with paint, but I don't want to break the bank. Do you think I could just pour paint on some Jack Purcells?

Boy, thanks for the help - you should post on honest forum.

@skeetinmynose

I definitely think those Android Homme Super Nova Lows are a great choice. They seem to be versatile, and can be worn on both nights out and school days (I'm a student).

I actually have never been exposed to that brand - thanks a bunch for the info! I've been browsing quite a bit for shoes. Filippa K has some low sneakers that are hip (http://collection.filippa-k.com/man/shoes/morgan-sport-shoe). I heard they were linked to Common Projects somehow.

Waiting on the Christmas sales to start soon - any idea where I can cop some sweet stuff at a good price? I know ssense.com has a sale coming up soon and they have great (but pricey) goods. @JD.Salinger, do you have any recommendations? Any personal favorites you have for shoes?

Cheers!

whatever happened to common project's diffusion line? i vaguely recall someone posting a blog entry from a store (maybe it was nomad or sumthin)

Are you referring to the New Editions line? The canvas ones? Tres Bien was the one who did a feature on them. They're not going to be released. I don't know why, they didn't give a reason.

@SSchadenfreude

Here are some Android Hommes for you bud:

(http://shop.androidhomme.com/collections/android-homme-footwear)

AHI81005_Blanco_0_grande.jpg?v=135473889

Super Nova Hi - Blanco

AH1210000_Grey_HERO_grande.jpg?v=1366173

Propulsion 2.5-Grey

AHI91009_Nero_0_grande.jpg?v=1354741210

Brogue Hiker - Nero

AHI71003_CoccoNero_0_grande.jpg?v=135474

Dessert Chukka Boot - Cocco Nero

AHI91013_Naturale_0_grande.jpg?v=1354739

Super Nova Hiker - Naturale

AHG213014_TanPython_HERO_grande.jpg?v=13

Accelerator - Tan Python

Android Homme has a pretty wide range of styles at a VERY affordable price, I find. They seem to have things from casual to flashy, and not too dressy. Pretty dece stuff for everyday wear or certain fits.

They also seem to have a sale going on on them shoes bud, go check em out.

Hope this helped!

• 1 month later...

iunno if this is the right topic but whatever

im not into the sneakergame at all so im not sure on this, someone school me.

Ive been wanting to get 2 pairs of shoes recently,

the St Alfred x asics and the ronnie fieg volcanos 

ive been checking ebay and its going for 3 to 6 bills. are they really worth that amount or what? seems crazy for asics but yeah..just wanted to know if the prices are legit or rape