c.e

zj59nah.jpg

VERTICORD JACKET   S M L XL ç€ä¸ˆ length 64 67 70 73 身幅 chest width 55 58 61 64 裄丈 neck to cuff 88.5 91.5 94.5 97.5 BURN BIKE JACKET   S M L XL ç€ä¸ˆ length 61 64 67 70 身幅 chest width 58 61 64 67 裄丈 neck to cuff 88 91 94 97 VERTRACK JACKET   S M L XL ç€ä¸ˆ length 64 67 70 73 身幅 chest width 55 58 61 64 裄丈 neck to cuff 88.5 91.5 94.5 97.5 PVC #3   S M L XL ç€ä¸ˆ length 66 69 72 75 身幅 chest width 54 57 60 63 裄丈 neck to cuff 83 85.5 88.5 91.5 LIGHT-LONG #2   S M L XL ç€ä¸ˆ length 93 96 99 102 身幅 chest width 68 71 73.5 77 裄丈 neck to cuff 85 88 91 94 VERTIC SHIRT   S M L XL ç€ä¸ˆ length 73 74.5 77.5 80.5 身幅 chest width 52 55 58 61 袖丈 sleeve length 61 62 63 64 JOG #3 PANTS   S M L XL ウエスト waist 75 80 85 90 股下 inside leg 75 75 76.5 78 SLIM DENIM   S M L XL ウエスト waist 79 83 88 92.5 股下 inside leg 79 79 81 82.5 1994 COLOUR CORDS   S M L XL ウエスト waist 79 83 88 92.5 股下 inside leg 79 79 81 82.5 WIDE SHOULDER SWEAT   S M L XL 身丈 length 63 66 69 72 身幅 chest width 55 58 61 64 袖丈 sleeve length 60 62 62 64 FADE SWEAT   S M L XL 身丈 length 60 63 66 69 身幅 chest width 59 62 65 68 袖丈 sleeve length 58 61 64 67 HUMILITY HEAVY HOODY   S M L XL 身丈 length 60 63 66 69 身幅 chest width 60 63 66 69 袖丈 sleeve length 60 62 62 64 PLAGUE HEAVY HOODY   S M L XL 身丈 length 62 65 68 71 身幅 chest width 59 62 65 68 袖丈 sleeve length 45 48 51 54 ZIGGURAT PATCH HEAVY HOODY   S M L XL 身丈 length 60 63 66 69 身幅 chest width 60 63 66 69 袖丈 sleeve length 60 62 62 64 NOISE CARDIGAN   S M L   身丈 length 62 65 68   身幅 chest width 50 53 56   裄丈 neck to cuff 84 87 90   CAVMIRROR T   S M L XL ç€ä¸ˆ length 66 69 72 75 身幅 chest width 47 50 53 56 袖丈 sleeve length 20 21.5 22 23 PvK 3 T   S M L XL ç€ä¸ˆ length 66 69 72 75 身幅 chest width 47 50 53 56 袖丈 sleeve length 20 21.5 22 23

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yes, I imagined this would be the case.

why not have it purely made in china, then?

I'm not worried about inferior craftsmanship, it's just that this is the first time that I've come across this notion of producing clothes with different points of origin within the same season.

I know that uniqlo made the change within the last few years to have their heat-tech line made in bangladesh, instead of being made in china.  but i'm pretty sure that they are now all made in bangladesh, and not half-and-half.

an interesting curiosity, to me at least.

Edited by pooMonger

What items are you looking at in particular? I'm guessing tees vs shirting/outerwear?

I'm surprised you find that a rare occurrence. 

Whomever they're using to produce one item may not have the capacity/capability to produce a different piece. Maybe the fabrics for a certain pieces are sourced in one country and they want to minimize cost and just have it produced where the fabric was sourced. 

It all really comes down to supply chain and minimizing production cost.

i've got 6 pieces from ce, and noticed that 2 were made in china, the other 4 in japan.

the curious part to me, is that there isn't a consistency to which items are made in china (or maybe there is, and I'm completely missing it).

c.e-warm-n2b-300x225.jpg

sh1n.jpg

these were the 2 that were made in china.

the 2 t-shirts, fleece pullover and patch knit were mij.

can you discern a pattern?

It's less common that china allows smaller run clothing whereas Japan probably has specialty production facilities that allow smaller orders but a premium price. If they are making items in bulk or want to get a higher margin but lower quality, they may choose china. Also of the items you mentioned, t-shirts actually could be made anywhere but the final country of production can be labeled as such. For example, the tees were probably made in mauritius or some shit, then flown out to Japan to be silkscreened or have branding added and can legally be marked as "made in japan". The knit may be a specialty item that is low quantity, same with the fleece pullover. Additionally the button down shirt is a common item so the factory in China may have had low enough minimums and good quality control and production capacity. The outerwear is a no brainer for me, most of the earlier run CE outerwear is based off of generic military garments, all from Chinese factories. Most of these factories just modified patterns or literally just added a small amount of branding and labeled it as CE. Think of it as how supreme does a lot of alpha garments, they are already made at alpha but alpha will modify the pattern or add different branding.

Edited by Fycus

Big companies do it too—top of mind would be CdG who ships to stockists and franchises via Europe and Japan. 

Items from either source aren't necessarily made there too, but there's some geographic consistency. (i.e. Europe = Sweden, Italy, etc. : Japan = Japan, China, etc.)

Makes it terribly~slightly confusing on the retail / merchandising side. Can't imagine how much crazier it gets for their production teams.

what about for their basic graphic tees and fleece (crews & hoodies) specifically? no measurements on the CE site for the pieces i'm lookin at

just confused cuz some sites recommend sizing up while others say TTS on the same pieces

Edited by vanitas

what about for their basic graphic tees and fleece (crews & hoodies) specifically? no measurements on the CE site for the pieces i'm lookin at

just confused cuz some sites recommend sizing up while others say TTS on the same pieces

I find the sizing between medium and large is very minimal and own pieces in both sizes. If anything, I'd tell you to generally just size up one on tees/hoodies, depending on how you like your clothes to fit. Keep in mind sizing is Japanese, so it will fit smaller than the equivalent size in US cuts.

The plague hoodie (the one with the holes) did fit bigger than the other sweaters I've tried, though.

Damn, I just won a plague hoodie from an auction and the seller said the measurements were: Width:67 Cm and Length:64 Cm. Despite it being listed as large I thought that It might fit a US small or JP medium because of the measurements. Now i'm concerned cuz you said it fits bigger. 

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any stores who stock c.e. in XS size?  Or do they even make things in XS?  Haven't seen any available at any stockists at all so far.  Even size S is difficult to come by.  What are some stores that would stock smaller sizes?

Edited by doogle