c.e

the stuff looks cheap to me, in fact the outerwear looks like they just added screen printing to stock models you would find at military surplus style manufacturers in mainland china. Most of the stuff is hardly cut and sew, and anything that is tends to be pretty weak. IMO cassette playa, christopher kane, roberto piqueras or dare I say christopher shannon do a similar look much better. Just look at the details, nothing is quality. Gimmicky overhyped brand unless there's something I'm missing here, its all yours djrajio, just don't know how good it would look with your aesthetic either but thats personal preference

it scratches a different itch for me than CP does. just my 2 cents.

speaking on the quality- it's not like this is a high fashion brand or anything, you should be expecting something comparative to older Bape or BBC (which it is).  I own a handful of pieces and from my experience I've always been pleasantly surprised upon handling them for the first time, the sweatshirts especially.

of course, I admit that I haven't bought any of the pieces intentionally for the quality; the designs are what's doing it for me every time and what I expect the focus to be... but they're not as badly made as you might think. construction is always decent and there's a lot of cool detailing within the pieces too that you don't pick up on in stock pictures (or even when worn) but just make the garments super interesting to me, for example, the giant ass "tag" sewn into the inside of most of their stuff.

sure there might be designers out there doing the retrofuturistic technology whatever angle cleaner or that are higher quality, but I think c.e's stuff is more wearable, I guess? gimmick, sure, and I'll gladly eat this shit up, at their price point nobody is doing anything that can touch this. I haven't found a streetwear brand where I've actually wanted to own most of their collection in a long time. I love grids. and hands. and 90s tech. some of it is bland or overdone ofc but for the most part I'm a fan. never expected it to garner wide appeal or hype behind it, so I'm glad some people appreciate it for what it is.

currently waiting for them to ship that fleece pullover to me. can't wait. blows that lame supreme one from this season out of the water.

currently waiting for them to ship that fleece pullover to me. can't wait. blows that lame supreme one from this season out of the water.

wear the fleece all the time now but the zip front is pretty useless, to be honest. it only unzips long enough so it doesn't obstruct my mouth from eating and avoids getting sauce all over the collar. great piece and still love it though so im not rly complaining.

i've been thinking about kopping the fleece pullover, it does seem like one of the cooler pieces this season... but i'm about to spend this winter somewhere pretty cold and it looks pretty thin. how is the piece in person? is it gimmicky or well constructed? how's the fit + is the hood at all functional? is it generally worth the purchase???

Edited by tentpole

i've been thinking about kopping the fleece pullover, it does seem like one of the cooler pieces this season... but i'm about to spend this winter somewhere pretty cold and it looks pretty thin. how is the piece in person? is it gimmicky or well constructed? how's the fit + is the hood at all functional? is it generally worth the purchase???

don't buy this for warmth, not what you're looking for. the bottom panel is like a fine jersey material and not at all thick. the fleece is on the thinner side too (although wonderfully soft). literally a "light fleece pullover". very nice for norcal, though.

as far as sizing goes I'm 6'1 and feel like I could have easily sized up to an XL, but the L isn't young by any means. cut is great. didn't think I'd touch the handwarmer pocket but it's fleece lined and sure is great to store stuff in. (phone? money? cds?)

hood is p thin nylon and I'll probably never touch it but functional for light rain I guess. echoing what deafmetal said though the zip is laughable. piece looks much better with the hood down anyway.

definitely a fan of this piece anyway. wearing it rn

hey i really appreciate the info my dude, thanks. yeah the more i look at this piece the more i think i would slap myself if i slept on it. i'm thinkin 2x heattechs underneath and a pair of gloves and i'll be straight. sorry but what you mean by 'the L isn't young'? i'm 6', 145lbs, skinny. will the M be cool?

Edited by tentpole

hey i really appreciate the info my dude, thanks. yeah the more i look at this piece the more i think i would slap myself if i slept on it. i'm thinkin 2x heattechs underneath and a pair of gloves and i'll be straight. sorry but what you mean by 'the L isn't young'? i'm 6', 145lbs, skinny. will the M be cool?

M will probably be too short on you in the arms/torso

christopher kane isn't very streetwear/skater oriented though

Some of his 'pieces' still come under streetwear though, so obviously the comparison will be made.

Kane hands down.

Although its subjective of course.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

thought notsplit's C.E. buy was one of the more comprehensive/impressive I've seen

well,

compared to HB/the webshop/other western retailers like Commissary/Bodega

http://shop.notsplit.jp/?mode=cate&cbid=1563831&csid=0&sort=n

do dig the fleece pullover

bumping this link because notsplit has the most robust offering for ss14 I've seen so far.

not feeling any of the graphics though. hoping for better throughout the season. the single CAV EMPT they're doing on a few items I've seen looks goofy as fuck. 

No discussion on how C.E. cuts their pieces yet?

I think it's pretty interesting how the sweats are all incredibly short/oversize with the armholes super low & big.  The arms have a pretty dramatic taper too, which is great.  It's almost like the shape is on some Damir Doma tip.

Cons are that layering is a pain and you get all this extra fabric in your armpit if you're wearing something over it.  I also picked up the gray logo sweat and the ribbing + kangaroo pocket makes the torso bunch up way too much.  Contemplating just cutting it off/cropping.

the huge/low armholes are what turned my off of buying a c.e. sweat a little bit ago.  The silhouette of the sweats are great but i just cant get behind the armholes.  Which is a shame cause I really like everything else about c.e.