china :: hong kong :: general

hotboyx2

Man I love bumping shopping carts into mainlanders here in the states, it must be like dead rising over in HK.

the most jokes shit is when huge groups of them squat in a circle in the middle of a fancy-ass shopping mall like ifc or pp or something with their suitcases full of luxurious shit. 

Edited by broken_dubz

^ thank you, I had a look around the web to find which could fit me best ... but the easiest way would be to visit them.

Another question, does anyone of you already tried to get a Trainee Visa for Hong Kong? How does it work to be sure to get it as an European?

^ thank you, I had a look around the web to find which could fit me best ... but the easiest way would be to visit them.

Another question, does anyone of you already tried to get a Trainee Visa for Hong Kong? How does it work to be sure to get it as an European?

I was a trainee for 2 years in a German fashion company in HK. you can either do it through some programme like i did or apply for trainee positions that are interesting for you. usually its pretty easy to get a training visa for a fixed period of time (other than employees visas that are very difficult to get at the moment if you haven't been working HK for some time or have skills that no local has). if you have found a trainee position in a company there they will arrange the rest for you usually. some people also work with only the 90 days visa-on-arrival and go to shenzhen or macau every now and then to renew it, but i would not recommend that as there are police raids that check on working visas, etc. (very rare, but it happened to me).

Im waiting for informations from the company but the interview went so well, that she is going to open a position for me in the department and position I wanted ... but we only talked about working/student visa and I did not know about the trainee one (and she did not think about it at that time also) so I sent her an email and I'll know more later this week hopefully, but should be alright with the trainee visa !

Supra, how fresh was that cut?  I need to get a legit cut to fix some shit that the discount places arent doing but price is a bit steep for me

Found a pretty cool spot for a haircut. 

The place is called Visage One, owned by Benky. Basically its a one seat salon during the week, and on Sat night he turns the space into a music meetup for local artists. $500 for a cut.

Also on a side note, FKJ is playing this weekend.  I'm hitting it up to pregame for Nicolas Jaar

https://www.eventbrite.hk/e/kee-cliche-presents-fkj-live-tickets-10906813573

Supra, how fresh was that cut?  I need to get a legit cut to fix some shit that the discount places arent doing but price is a bit steep for me

Also on a side note, FKJ is playing this weekend.  I'm hitting it up to pregame for Nicolas Jaar

https://www.eventbrite.hk/e/kee-cliche-presents-fkj-live-tickets-10906813573

It was okay, nothing to rave about.

My last cut was here:

http://www.thebarbershop.com.hk/services.htm

bit more affordable at $280, more suited for classic hairstyles though..

Edited by suprastar

Yo I'm doing a round trip to Japan and HK and plan on doing a lot of shopping. Spending 2.5 weeks in Japan and 4 days in HK in that order. Are there any things I should hold off on buying in Japan and buy in HK instead? I'd like to think I'm price conscious but having not been to either country before I have no idea what would be cheaper and where.

Yo I'm doing a round trip to Japan and HK and plan on doing a lot of shopping. Spending 2.5 weeks in Japan and 4 days in HK in that order. Are there any things I should hold off on buying in Japan and buy in HK instead? I'd like to think I'm price conscious but having not been to either country before I have no idea what would be cheaper and where.

In my experience kop everything you can in Japan, it will be more expensive in HK across the board.

It was solid, nothing special but then he busted out his bass and started laying down some freestyle slaps that were quite impressive and funky fresh.

lol kinda glad to hear since i was bummed out that i missed it........did you go check out j rocc at the kee last week?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Whats wrong with Lane Crawford seriously, mainly getting locals just because they can give them a 2 days notice before starting an internship ( but managers from the upper house said their HR is awful ) ... anyway planning to go back for sure, maybe in March for two weeks and hopefully from June 'til I move somewhere else. 

I loved it.

• 2 months later...

going to be in hk for NYE. where to party? 

damn haven't even thought about nye this year yet..

i did the Aqua party last year, was awesome. it was all you can drink, so at one point in the night, we just asked the bartenders to give us the whole bottle instead of pouring out 15+ drinks, so they did.

going to be in hk for NYE. where to party?

Whenever Im in HK to spend NYE, I usually watch the fireworks etc on TV. Roads are too fucking brutal.

I went to CWB a few years ago by myself, and it was boring since everyone pretty much goes everywhere in packs and speaks mainly Cantonese.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...