china :: hong kong :: general

hotboyx2

Looking for a decent black parka, and a nice wool overcoat, any suggestions?

Saw some stuff that I MAY have liked at Journal Standard but seems overpriced.

Ideas please! haven't gone shopping in awhile..

are you travelling or staying in HK for the most part during outerwear season? if you can wait till CNY (end of jan) you'll find some deals, it really doesn't get too cold out here..........

are you travelling or staying in HK for the most part during outerwear season? if you can wait till CNY (end of jan) you'll find some deals, it really doesn't get too cold out here..........

Living in HK now bro. I'll be making a couple of trips to Taiwan and Korea, so would be nice to have something decent. 

I know in HK i could get by with a sweater and a light coat though..

• 2 weeks later...

Hey does anyone living in HK work in the fashion industry? Design, buying etc? I have a few questions about the industry over there and hoping someone can help out!

worked in a fashion trading company for the past 2 years over there, probably not exactly what youre talking about but if i can help, let me know!

Going to HK this 20th for a weekend. My first time, is it cold there? Also can someone rec a good sunglasses spot? looking for barton perreira, oliver peoples etc. also want to get some fabric for my tailor to make me some clothes out of.

ill be staying in panorama hotel btw, so recs near that would be great

ok asking this question again, wheres a good place to get a haircut in town?

I've been to one of the IL COLPO chain shops and Im finding I really dont like the way HK hairdressers cut my hair.

They have this really annoying style of trying to create texture but in the end makes my hair all wispy.

I guess I just need a Western style trained barber or stylist that knows hipster styles :blush: .. anyone know of any?

Quick question are they amazing these sales around CNY?

Whats the weather like form January til the end of May ?

i work in buying for one of the major fashion department stores in HK. feel free to shoot me a msg.

PM sent.

Quick question are they amazing these sales around CNY?

Whats the weather like form January til the end of May ?

PM sent.

It's warm as hell. I feel like jawnz in HK are ridiculously overpriced. I guess the I.T outlet has decent stuff for cheaps but it was still like mediocre at best. Some of the department stores had decent sales with sort of niche Japanese brands like Marka and etc. I now kinda understand why HK beasts come to Japan and cop hard.

What do you mean very cold ? Less than 5 degree? 10 degree? Less than -5?

Quick question a link was around few months ago about a sim card pay as you go that we can buy at the airport anyone has the link? I lost it and I am looking for a good deal pay as you go with a lot of data !

There is a fitness shop on Queen's Road Central just past the junction with Wellington Street and Bonham Strand (near Fitness First). Not been inside but the stock looks good for what you're after.

Thanks. Will try to find and check it out. Im also trying to find the adipower weightlifting shoes, hopefully they have some there.

Temp is approx 12, im wearing some uniqlo heatech and a 15oz sammy denim jacket and its totally fine. Went to check out a newly open uniqlo at CWB, all the good sizes of the black skinny jeans are all sold out. Wtf.