china :: hong kong :: general

hotboyx2

LKF again last Friday.. We hit up Muse, Play, Billion then Prive.. man I was wrecked.

Who's going to be in LKF or Ocean Park for Halloween parties? I need to sort out my costume..

what's the vibe at prive like? been meaning to check it out, might when i'm there in dec.

anyone going to porter robinson next week at volar?

bargain (150hkd w/2 drink) compared to what he's charging to play down here in melbourne in a few weeks 

what's the vibe at prive like? been meaning to check it out, might when i'm there in dec.

anyone going to porter robinson next week at volar?

bargain (150hkd w/2 drink) compared to what he's charging to play down here in melbourne in a few weeks I hit up Prive in its new location when I was back mid-Sept.

Hit it up in its new location on D'Aguilar in Sept when I was back.

Place is still just as wack as it was when it was in its old location. 

edit: opinion of an ex-expat kid

Edited by broken_dubz

• 2 weeks later...

Gold by Harlan Goldstein, AMMO...anyone been to either or have other recommendations?

Will probably be going to Lung King Heen and Yardbird too.

i'm also torn over whether to stay on hk island(causeway bay?) or in the jordan area. thoughts?

Edited by orlylow

yeah hoping it doesn't sell out either, have to buy my ticket down the stretch as well. Could see them at future music but would rather see them in concert then at a festival. 

Haha getting home afterward's going to be a bitch, hoping it finishes early-ish could take the MTR. Cab fares will be through the roof 

yeah hoping it doesn't sell out either, have to buy my ticket down the stretch as well. Could see them at future music but would rather see them in concert then at a festival. 

Haha getting home afterward's going to be a bitch, hoping it finishes early-ish could take the MTR. Cab fares will be through the roof 

You can take the airport express depending on where you live. Last time i went to an event at expo you got a discounted trip on the airport express if you show the ticket to the concert.

my bad. as for dim sum, is dimdimsum better than tim ho wan? there's a tim ho wan in singapore and nothing is outstanding except their char siew bun. lei garden is pretty good too in singapore so wanna try something that we dont have it here.

will be staying at novotel century in wanchai - any hidden/obscure eateries around the area(or wanchai/central as a whole...)

the APC shop in causeway bay vs the one in central, are they roughly the same? how do prices compare to getting it online?

Edited by orlylow

my bad. as for dim sum, is dimdimsum better than tim ho wan? there's a tim ho wan in singapore and nothing is outstanding except their char siew bun. lei garden is pretty good too in singapore so wanna try something that we dont have it here.

will be staying at novotel century in wanchai - any hidden/obscure eateries around the area(or wanchai/central as a whole...)

the APC shop in causeway bay vs the one in central, are they roughly the same? how do prices compare to getting it online?

In terms of Wan Chai, the Press Room Group has quite a bit of restaurants and etc. (property management, concept venues) in the area. Retail in the area is also fun, that Sun Street area with Kapok, Monocle, Visvim, etc.

For obscure, Monocle has an interesting video on Chai Wan – couple restaurants, and the obvious (Think Silly, Undercover).

Don't you want to stop by the Outlets first before the SRP joints?

one of the best dim sum places in HKG in my opinion is lin heung kui dim sum in sheung wan: orignal style always freshly-made sim sum served from carts (like its supposed to be) and the atmosphere is great, especially if you get there early in the morning..

http://www.openrice.com/english/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=31507

• 2 weeks later...

^ It depends. If you're Cantonese, you're almost ready for down jackets right about now. If you're an expat, you're probably still wearing flip flops, shorts and tees and pretending it's still summer. 

(personally, I think it's jeans and thin longsleeves weather, getting cooler in the evening).