china :: hong kong :: general

hotboyx2

Lane Crawford IFC have got some good stuffs. Go check it out. Monitaly, Stevenson Overalls, RRL, Anachronorm (rocks! really nice detailing), Gitman Vintage, White Mountaineering, Post Overalls etc. One stop place for the outdoor/Americana/workwear vibe.

How's the sale on the Gitman and RRL?

Guest estoybien

Any places that have decent stocks of Supreme that isn't rape? I've heard of Supreme Palace.

Is Lane Crawford priced like the states or is it with ridiculous markup?

All in all, is shopping in HK worth it compared with NYC? I'll be back in NYC in the fall so if HK is really marked up I'll just save my money for a few months. Thanks

there's a shop here called Supreme Palace? Where is it, never heard of it and I want to go take a look. I hardly see people wear Supreme here, maybe a guy in his mid-late 20s a few days ago with glasses who looked like he worked a normal office job and was on a day off; then again I don't get out much.

Any places that have decent stocks of Supreme that isn't rape? I've heard of Supreme Palace.

Is Lane Crawford priced like the states or is it with ridiculous markup?

All in all, is shopping in HK worth it compared with NYC? I'll be back in NYC in the fall so if HK is really marked up I'll just save my money for a few months. Thanks

i've seen supreme mostly in resale shops like supreme palace.. some is 2nd hand but in good condition. there are spots all over HK for it. but i can't recall if i've ever seen anything like an authorized distributor in HK. but i could be wrong.

for retailers, i find the prices at places like lane crawford pretty much the same as in the us. but take into consideration that there is no sales tax in HK. also lane crawford carries a wide variety of brands (visvim, white mountaineering, etc) that you probably can't find as easily in the US. it really depends what you're looking for.

Guest estoybien

thanks for the info guys.

for japanese denim, is take5 the best spot? i went to take5 shanghai and it was really overpriced, a lot of the stuff was $75-100 more than Blue in Green in NYC.

thanks for the info guys.

for japanese denim, is take5 the best spot? i went to take5 shanghai and it was really overpriced, a lot of the stuff was $75-100 more than Blue in Green in NYC.

I was recently at both stores, and with the current AUD exchange rates I found HK much cheaper. The shanghai prices were about maybe $50-75 AUD higher for your average pair of jeans after exchange...?

I buy a fair bit of stuff directly from Japan and from the US, and the HK Take5 prices were comparable what I'd pay for Japanese proxy or US online stores.

much happening in HK come december time? i can't remember shit other than the dip in temperature.

what are you looking to do? i'm always in HK to visit family in december. the weather is great. new years there is always crackin too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
is the take5 store in hong kong easy enough to find? any particular areas good for shopping?

and I read that there's this street where there are tons of stores selling boots like red wings etc?

1. yes take 5 is easy to find. their website also has a map of where to find it. it's about a 10 minute walk from the closest MTR station in TST

2. all of HK is a shopping mecca. you have to be more specific on what you're looking for so people can guide you. but typical shopping areas are causeway bay, TST, and Central

3. People might be talking about sneaker street which is in Mongkok. it runs parallel to sai yeung choi south and the ladies market. they sell all manner of footwear there although the stores get repetitive

Its crazy out there... All of them are poorly dressed with a LV monogram messenger bag, with either Panerai, IWC, or Patek on their wrist and drinking EXPENSIVE Bordeaux with SODA...

• 2 weeks later...

my roommate is there in HK and is coming back soon. I'm trying to ask him to pick up some stuff for me.

can anyone help me find some "streetwear" stores.

so i know theres:

bape

Neighborhood

Nowhere

Fil Visvim

supreme palace (any more supreme stores I am missing?)

lane crawford

my roommate is there in HK and is coming back soon. I'm trying to ask him to pick up some stuff for me.

can anyone help me find some "streetwear" stores.

so i know theres:

bape

Neighborhood

Nowhere

Fil Visvim

supreme palace (any more supreme stores I am missing?)

lane crawford

google is your friend

• 1 month later...

thanks for the quick reply whats there to do now in HK? Any stuff that I must buy? and I am wondering where can I get seafood the best in HK with my family? I heard there is some seafood street or village thats abit outskirts, if its good Im willing to go there? Oh can you give a less vague reply?

thanks for the quick reply whats there to do now in HK? Any stuff that I must buy? and I am wondering where can I get seafood the best in HK with my family? I heard there is some seafood street or village thats abit outskirts, if its good Im willing to go there? Oh can you give a less vague reply?

you might be talking about Lei Yue Mun I assume- that's one of many famous places for seafood in HK

http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/attractions/kln-leiyuemun-seafood-bazaar.html

Enough selection there that you either have them prepare a set or you can pick and choose from the dealers there and select a restaurant to prepare your food. literally pick your own goods from tanks and tanks of seafood.